• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

On dragging ancient threads out of the woodworks

Marauder

3rd Level Red Feather
Listen, folks. While it's perfectly legal to drag up those old threads, I fail to see the reasoning behind it. Most of them have been long dead for a reason - they're no longer significant. Dredging old, decaying discussions from 2001 up here with a silly little "bump"-post won't really accomplish anything. Why not just start a new thread if you're really interested in the discussion? That way, the Users that are currently here can join in, and we don't have to read through posts made by Users who have either long vanished from the board or who might have changed their minds. Also, it prevents any moot points from having to be explained.

Stop the madness. It's not like we don't have our daily flood of current posts. No need to dig through the archives. It's highly annoying. Of course, this is not official TMF policy. Just my personal view on things. Thanks.

Good point, Marauder. I personally just responded to two of Scott's old threads that I took to be new since they were on the front page here. I didn't even realize until I went back and looked after reading this post. Oh well. I didn't thinnk Scott was posting any more since he left for formation.

Ann

I also replied to some very old threads, Marauder, and didn't even know it until I saw the dates of the posts. Thanks for speaking out on behalf of those of us who don't want to dig up the past! There's enough current discussion already. :)

Maurader,

I will comply with you Mods wishes, but I do feel that bringing back these threads has a positive impact on the members of the forum.

New members get to learn of the history of this forum and the people on it.

And for the older members, we can look back and talk about how we've grown and changed (or stayed the same). Viewpoints do alter over time, and that is a way to see that.

I really think we are making a mistake by banning the posting to old out-of-date threads!

Thanks to the mods for clearing all this up...and thanks to others for their appologies etc,,,

Ven

Banning...no

We're currently asking you to use judgement on responding to old threads. If you're interested in the history of the TMF, you need only read them, not reply in most cases. Pulling up threads regarding someone taking a leave of absence or being missing in the 9-11 attack have nothing to do with viewpoints changing or anything else relevant, they merely confuse the already overcrowded board. Those dredging projects will be dealt with quickly and completely. Popping a thread back into light that contains content of an ongoing nature and discussing it in terms of new information or events is NOT the same idea. Q

Yeah,

But I think that Scott's old posts have a big thing to do with the history of this forum, and should then therefore be open for discussion. It involves the past of this community. And that is why I believe that it IS a relivent issue!

Just my opinion, and I know you guys are the ones that need to be dealing with this and not me, but I do feel allowed to give my opinion on this topic!!!

:cool: ~FT

For some reason Moses dragged up the old thread where people were expressing their concern over my safety during the 9/11 crisis. I was typing in a current response, but by the time I finished it, the thread head been sent back into hibernation. If I had a dollar for every time I was posting on a soon-to-be deleted thread I wouldn't need to work on Wall Street anymore.
I posted links to all of the beautiful women who would not have been tickled had I died that day. It was a "what if?". You guys should be glad I'm still here. Imagine if Mara had never been tickled!
I'm assuming Moses only meant it to be humorous. Correct me if I'm mistaken (then again, how seldom am I ever mistaken?)
Then again, I don't remember anything that was humerous on 9/11. Wether old threads are drudged up or not, 9/11 should never be forgotten, nor should the heroes who gave their lives.

Hey FT..If you wish to discuss Scott and his prior postings, I suggest starting a new thread and incorporating either a link to an old thread or cut and paste particular passages you wish to comment on..this will help to avoid confusion as to who is posting and if it is current or not....No one said that prior posts could not be discussed ..like Q said...posts about people leaving or in trouble or hurt should not be made to look like they have currently been posted by that person...that's all....:D

Ven

I do see your point Ven.

I think a link inside a new post would be appropriate.

I know that I responded to a couple of threads last night that I DID NOT KNOW were old, because I hadn't remembered them, so i posted to them thinking they were current issues. So I do agree, I just don't want people not to ponder the past. For it is a solid understanding of history that helps us not fall to the same mistakes in our future!!!

:cool: ~FT

Yeah, you guys are right. Sorry for the inconvenience and/or offense.
(esp. those concerning 9/11; sorry WallStreet)

No malice intended, so no hard feelings...k?

Will stick ta just reading them from now on...a lot of them are damn interesting!!

Cheers.:D

The mods took the thread titled "Wallstreet??" and removed the new posts, then they put the thread back.
Then, Moses brought it back up. I posted on it again, then I realised that the old posts had been removed, and that my post, as well as Moses', no longer will make sense.
Using my Holmes like deduction skills (Sherlock, not Larry, although the Easton Assasin had a mean left jab) I can only conclude that the "Wallstreet??" thread will soon be re-pruned, then cast back into the vortex of Time.
I suspect that when the mods consider removing a thread, that they first cast the thread into a state of limbo where none of us can see it.
Then, they all gather and sit at a round table. They are all wearing strange robe-like clothing with hoods, perhaps even masks (although not as cool as the mask I wear when I make my cheesy videos, which can be viewed at www.tickletown.com )
They then smoke from a giant hooka pipe (or perhaps MTP brings that big bong)
Then, Qjakl gives an Abe Lincolnesque speech, Myriads nods his head, and the thread's fate is decided.

Never any hard feelings, Moses..was just concerned a little is all..I really thought Strel was leaving until I looked at the date...lol..

:D

Ven

Mark my words: Venray, Amk714, Moses, ForgottenT, and Yours Truly will all conclude the evening with LESS posts then when we started.

LOL as I posted in the appearing and disappearing thread....."was there ever any doubt"

ani-mgic.gif

LOL

Glad to see you around Wallstreet~cool:

Ven:

WallStreet said:
I suspect that when the mods consider removing a thread, that they first cast the thread into a state of limbo where none of us can see it.
Then, they all gather and sit at a round table. They are all wearing strange robe-like clothing with hoods, perhaps even masks (although not as cool as the mask I wear when I make my cheesy videos, which can be viewed at www.tickletown.com )
They then smoke from a giant hooka pipe (or perhaps MTP brings that big bong)
Then, Qjakl gives an Abe Lincolnesque speech, Myriads nods his head, and the thread's fate is decided.

I knew it!!!

I really enjoy reading some of the older threads and do just that on occasion, but I do understand that it could be confusing to see them right alongside the new threads. I like the idea of a new thread with a link to the old one.

read the old posts everyone. there is some good stuff there. :)

Actually, Wall$treet, while we mods DO sit around wearing dark robes and smoking various perception-enhancing substances, our pruning is far less organized. We normally chose the threads we prune completely at random. Also, we all have to reach our daily pruning quota, else we won't get paid. At the end of the month, we always have a big lottery on one user who we then summarily harrass, insult under alternate screennames, and then restrict his access to one forum after the other until we ban him completely, not forgetting to sell his e-mail addy to all spam-vendors we know, mail bomb him, initiate a denial-of-service attack and delete all access to his credit cards.

We are a nasty, deviant, whimsical bunch of tightly compressed EVIL. We also have regular conversations with the Lord of Lies through our magical Ouja-Board. Also, we have orbital mind-control rays that will NOT be stopped by your foolish tinfoil-hats. See our works, mortals, and despair.

First one to quote me out of context wins a knuckle sandwich.

Wow,

I never knew you guys had so much fun with this!!! :D

Thanks for all your work, even if it times I take it wrong... thanks!!!

FT..What Marauder forgot to mention was that the mods do not come from different countries or cities...they all reside in a flat in Newark...(which explains a lot)

*Ven ducks whilst trying to keep tongue firmly placed in cheek*

It's happened before

Moses' thread revival did have some unexpected results. The Strelnikov thread through people for a loop. When I saw a "Wallstreet??" thread with 3 pages of posts I thought something bizaare was going on.
One of the funniest examples of an old thread coming back to haunt us occured a few months ago.
About a year ago there was a former member of the TMF, who shan't be named, who claimed to have tickled various celebrities. The first thread was brief and ended after only a few pages. This jolly fabricator was later exposed, but it wasn't until several months and threads later. The original thread lay dormant, like a budding pod of bullshit.
Several months after the exposed fibber's ...throne was renounced (no vegetation jokes please) some new members stumbled upon the old thread. It was brought back to the top, and a good many rookies saw it and posted before a veteran came by to straighten things out. Seeing fresh posts saying "Wow, this kid is the coolest dude ever" and "he's a god" brought back some hilarious memories.

Marauder said:

We are a nasty, deviant, whimsical bunch of tightly compressed EVIL. We also have regular conversations with the Lord of Lies through our magical Ouja-Board. Also, we have orbital mind-control rays that will NOT be stopped by your foolish tinfoil-hats. See our works, mortals, and despair.

First one to quote me out of context wins a knuckle sandwich.

I'll bet you have something to do with those helicopters that keep hovering over my house.

UGH!!

So that's what a knuckle sandwich tastes like.

What's New

5/6/2024
Check out Clips4Sale for the webs largest one-stop fetish clip store!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back