• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

'on topic' or 'off topic' what do you think?

support threads

• Change 'Celebration Forum' to 'Celebration & support'

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Create a new subforum 'Support' where peep can ask for & receive support

Votes: 19 65.5%
  • Keep things the same and just be kind

Votes: 5 17.2%

• Total voters

SantaFeSwitch

TMF Expert
It has been suggested that the 'Celebration' subforum be changed to 'Celebration and Support' in order to separate requests for moral/social support from more general discussions in the 'General Discussions' section. What do you think?

Last edited:
As I posted in the original post, I think its a strange combination that would wind up causing way more hurt feelings than necessary. I think a simple separate sub-forum here in Gen Discussion is all you need.

As I posted in the original post, I think its a strange combination that would wind up causing way more hurt feelings than necessary. I think a simple separate sub-forum here in Gen Discussion is all you need.

Yes, I agree. That's a variation on Rob's idea that I included in the poll and voted for.

I'm all for the Support sub-forum. Don't merge it with Celebration though.

Speak to this thread to, folks: Click.

It deserves its own little area. Why merge something somber with something happy?

Who would it really hurt to have a warm and fuzzy place where people in distress can choose to post their problems, and have their friends write something nice?

The Celebration Forum is for celebration and fun. It's not an appropriate dumping ground for tons of unhappy threads.

I still think that a poster can choose to post their problems in the General Discussion area as well. I really think if you are posting your personal life on the General boards, you have to be ready to hear from everyone as they choose to respond.

Who would it really hurt to have a warm and fuzzy place where people in distress can choose to post their problems, and have their friends write something nice?

The Celebration Forum is for celebration and fun. It's not an appropriate dumping ground for tons of unhappy threads.

Uhm......that's basically what I said.

Hey, why not? I like the idea of a subforum for support :)

No says i.We have plenty of subforums as is.Where does it end?This would be yet another forum for the moderators to ride herd on,and i think they have enough to do already.

Sure, why not?

Just keep it separate from the celebration subforum. When someone's going through a crisis it should have its own place and not mixed with the happy stuff.:zomgrabbit:

I like the idea of a new subforum. People are always going through crisis and they could post about them there.

I think there should be a separate support subgroup as well as a separate subgroup for advice on pets and children, one for rants, another for income tax related issues, music, and twilight bashing.

I think I suddenly like AnnieHall. Humour will always win me over.

I also think some folk on here need to get their craxy lil heads around the fact that this is a public forum. so if you're going to announce something that is rather private, something that you probably wouldn't normally shout out loud on a busy street, then expect some very public responses.

To be honest , if there were to be a new 'support' subforum , I probably wouldn't frequent it much ... if at all. But then , I'm not one for venturing into the Celebration Forum very much , either ... so maybe that's just me.

It's not that I think it's a bad idea or anything , but for me , personally , I'm much more apt to see if a poster needs supporting/comforting/what have you if such a thread is in a "higher traffic area" , such as General Discussion.

I'm glad to offer a fellow TMFer some kind words and/or assistance when needed , but I'm not likely gonna go looking for other people's troubles in a separate room ... & I'd certainly hate to "miss out" on potentially helping out somebody if I could.

Not sure if I just sounded like a dick or simply just a lazy-ass mofo , but that's my two cents.

To be honest , if there were to be a new 'support' subforum , I probably wouldn't frequent it much ... if at all. But then , I'm not one for venturing into the Celebration Forum very much , either ... so maybe that's just me.

It's not that I think it's a bad idea or anything , but for me , personally , I'm much more apt to see if a poster needs supporting/comforting/what have you if such a thread is in a "higher traffic area" , such as General Discussion.

I'm glad to offer a fellow TMFer some kind words and/or assistance when needed , but I'm not likely gonna go looking for other people's troubles in a separate room ... & I'd certainly hate to "miss out" on potentially helping out somebody if I could.

Not sure if I just sounded like a dick or simply just a lazy-ass mofo , but that's my two cents.

That's a really good point I hadn't thought about...don't know if I'd go looking for other's troubles either...hmmm

A support forum will still be a public forum, which means that the only difference between it and general discussion will be the content of the subforum. Like Bugman said, and like AnnieHall so colourfully illustrated, where will it end?

A support forum, if it was put into effect, would still draw posts of people handing out reams of advice to the OP in question, ergo the reason why the subforum has been proposed will be irrelevant. And well it [the hypothetical subforum] should [be full of advice for those who need it]; a subforum of everyone saying, "I'm here for you, man" would be tedious at best.

My vote is no. It's too specific, and too unfeasible to put into practice.

Good call! :rotate:
I went w/option 2.
XOXO

It has been proposed as a constructive solution to members asking for support threads that the 'Celebration' subforum be changed to 'Celebration and Support' in order to separate requests for moral/social support from more general discussions in the 'General discussions' section. What do you think?

28 people are currently view this section of the forum.

300 are looking at video.

21 art.

60 stories.

No.

What's New

4/28/2024
There will be Trivia in our Chat Room this Sunday Eve at 11PM EDT. Join us!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back