• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Organizational Thread

^What you said.
But one of the more interesting and successful dynamics from the last game I think was the dual timeline within the narrative. In this instance, just because most of the players are asleep doesn't mean that everyone has to move on. Especially if someone's character is say, a thief.
There's an entire 8-10hrs that haven't been accounted for in the narrative, and I'd like to leave everyone some means of being introduced.

But like Beiseker said, it doesnt really matter. If you choose not to let it affect your character, then it won't effect your character. Go on to Day 2. The people in Day 1 will still be in Day 2; the use of the dual timeline allows for flexibility in this regard. In fact, we've dulled it down a lot since the first game; we would have 2 or 3 threads going on in the same day at different locations at different times. Using a smaller setting helped to restrict it a bit, but it doesn't have to make the narrative quite so linear.

It is an interesting concept. I like to have previous actions and thoughts influence future ones, personally. Just my take. For the reasons you've listed, though, it is an economical decision for the roleplay as a whole.

That may also happen; so long as you keep both timelines in mind and don't write yourself into a corner

OK, I'm afraid we went from people talking near the fire with some hiccups to people wandering around. I'm afraid we might need some plot to get things rolling. Or at least a situation creating interaction.
I know we should do more by ourself, but the characters seem quite passive at their core.

Last edited:
to whom it concerns, and the parties know who they are, i think we should take a moment to establish some rules. I didn't think it was something we needed to discuss, since we've all done this sort of thing before, but I guess it couldn't hurt to make the regulations of etiquette a tad more concrete in light of recent events.

I won't be so didactic as to say "when this, then this" as I'm not a GM, but these are some areas I think need clarification:
-When entering a scene already in progress
-When setting a scene
-How to not step on toes

My thoughts are as follows:
-When entering a scene, it should firstly be at a point prior to the "jump-off"; meaning, that you can enter during the exposition, but not after characters are already engaging and building toward an event--in this case, the tickling and what have you. Showing up unannounced and ignoring the other characters is decidedly poor form, in addition to being outright rude. Secondly, if one is to enter a scene after the action has already begun to take place, it should first be as a quiet observer until a break in the action permits them an opening during the secondary exposition.

-When setting a scene, it is important to put yourself near or remotely adjacent to other characters. Wandering off somewhere by yourself does not permit one an ability to engage in social or physical exchange, which is the chief point of the narrative. If you decide that your character is too busy doing something, generate an NPC to enter a scene as described in the above paragraph. Most importantly, it is unfair to other players to jump into their scenes without first contributing to its setting. This collaborates the first point in that scenes are to be entered at the exposition, or during a break in the action, not after.
-One may avoid stepping on the other players' toes by acknowledging their commentary both inside of and outside of the game. If a character is already in place associating with another character, then jumping into their conversation or otherwise derailing the narrative in progress is rude, and furthermore discouraging toward continued posts.
-Lastly, use common sense. No one wants to play a game if you're being a complete asshole.

If anyone has something they'd like to add, refute, or debate, I think this would be the proper place and time.

So I had another novel and unorthodox idea:

So the circus. It's a show, yes? The story itself seems to focus itself around the show, and yet we as of yet haven't a show. I think something that could be fun is to host a proper show when the time is opportune, and invite the rest of the TTC to observe and contribute to it.
Our audience could be anyone from a reader, to a writer, to a casual RPer. It won't affect the main story, but we can use the characters and their relationships to help navigate subtext as it develops.
It also gives the performing-class characters something to do other than train.

As far as actual execution would go, I'm not sure. I think a large live-chat style game would do quite well, with an advertisement for dates in the GD or TD threads, and schedule them based on the availability of the players. All the players could take an NPC specifically for the purpose of the show, or work in their own character(s). As we're hammering out a schedule, we could even make a program to attach to our advert: show starts for ex." Jan. 2nd, 1912; ACT I- Tickles the Clown meets the Invincible Captain IronSides, 8pm est. ACTII, etc."
If anyone thinks its something worth pursuing, I could talk to Mrs. Valerie or another mod about procuring a venue? At the very least its something different, and it makes the labor mean something both inside and outside the narrative itself.

ok so...I know you all are probably done RPing, due to the dead end we ran into because of some last minute drop-outs. But hear me out.
As promised, I've been trying to get some new blood running through this cast, and get the narrative portion of the game off the ground. If all goes well with my latest negotiations, I can introduce a formal antagonist.

If there's anyone that does still have an interest in returning to the game, please let me know so I can get a head count going.

-R

Well I'm still in.
Antagonist could be a step in good direction I think.

Okay groovy. Good to know.
That places our present headcount of interested parties at 3. I'd like to get us up to at least 6. Anyone else?

update
we've got carnivore back on board
i've gotten mrs. valerie on board to play ringmaster, though she won't be terribly involved in day-to-day style gameplay as a result of her busy schedule.
I'm expecting to hear from her some time later this week with details.
Also on the back burner, I have my antagonist--who wishes to remain anonymous. So basically, we have two very very strong "maybes" so I'll chalk them up to "half a player" each, placing our total at "6" until their character sheets are in. Then we'll be up to 7.

Oh, what good fortune. We've gotten EE back. Our present list of players is
-Relent< -ErraticEmphatic
-Quietlurker -Beiseker
-Carnivore

Still waiting on character sheets from (1/2)
-Mrs. Valerie
-Our villain

We came to the conclusion with Relent that my playing here isn't working out. He thinks I'm playing poorly, and I do not get how he wants this game to turn out and my role in it.
I don't like to disappear in middle of the scene, but as I see GM though that there is no time to waste and just deleted few of my posts.
So I just want to say my goodbye too you all. It was nice to get to now you at least that little bit. :)

PS: I know there where some complains over my game. I'm sorry, and hope I haven't worsen you're experience much.

Last edited:
since we hadn't really made a protocol for this, I suppose it's worth detailing now.

PROCEDURE FOR REMOVING A PLAYER
1) in the instance that another player repeatedly chafes you, or in anyway interrupts the continuity, playability, or otherwise hinders the progression of the game, PM one of the GMs concerning your grievance. There are only 4 players at present, so a tally is easy enough to keep.
2) If more than one person conveys a similar grievance concerning a player, the offending player will be notified via PM from one of the GMs and given a warning within the ooc ((in parentheses, as such)) of the game itself, so that everyone is aware that he/she has in fact received said warning with specific definition of his/her transgression. These may include but are not limited to godmodding, metagaming, scene-intrusion, and narrative hindrance.
3)If a player receives three warnings for the same transgression, he/she will be removed. Or rather, asked politely to leave. If posts continue past said point, they will be deleted from the game. Harassment will fall under forum guidelines, and be reported to the administrators to be dealt with accordingly.

I think these guidelines are fairly lenient, but authoritative. Basically, if you have a problem with a player, tell me. I'll try to fix it, and let them know; if that doesn't work, we'll boot them. No need to dirty your hands or get in an argument. That's what I'm here for.

...not that anyone ever reads these things. But it helps me keep things straight in my head at least.

For your peace of mind, Relent<, I read every update to this thread.

And we have both sides to the argument, so, IMHO, you guys should take this to a PM thread.

Found a promising potential 5th player. thought i'd keep you lot in the know.

so it seems a majority of our players are on hiatus due to personal circumstances, etc. I'm just taking a minute to announce an official "pause" of the game until such time as we have enough players with plates clean enough to continue.
There's no rush; by all means, take all the time you need to get your various issues in order.

If and when you are free, let me know via pm, or sound off here when you can spare the time.

Oh, in other news. It seems our day 4 thread has vanished. I'll see what I can do about restoring the relevant parts.

What's New

5/9/2024
If you need to report a post, the report button is to its lower left.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back