• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Our Flag

Thunder

TMF Regular
Dear Fellow members,
I really hadn't noticed till now that on the opening banner to this site there is no American Flag. I understand that this a community for everyone around the globe but this slight oversight is somewhat of a slap in my opinion. Whether it was unintentional or not, it should have been recognized. If I'm not mistaken, this site was founded here in the U.S. so our flag should have been included. This may seem petty to some, but it is important to alot of us. If at all possible, I think we whould try and get it up there. I welcome any feedback on this subject. Thank You .
Sincerely, Thunder

Many TMF members are international so,

I'd support an American flag if it were accompanied by other flags representing the nationalities of TMF members. Big Jim is from the UK. Haltickling & Maurauder are from Germany. Cotton Eyed Joe is from Latvia. Etc. My fear is that many might take it as a slap if the American flag were the only flag. But a multi-flag banner would be nice if/when it were considered.

Rook.

THAT IS THE MOST ARROGANT THING I HAVE EVER HEARD

I am an American too, and I would like to say that this garbage about "the american flag needs to be everywhere" is just one arrogant person's opinion. I do not share his sentiment and think that it is a very arrogant one. I do not see where some Americans get the idea that we are the most important people on the planet and everyone else's wants and needs are second to ours.

Last edited:
wake up

Fellow Members,
I don't know where the allknowing is getting that Americans think they are the most important people on the planet. Asking the Moderators of this site to include the American Flag in the banner does not consitute importance of ones' nationality, it only affirms the pride in ones' country. I don't think it's wrong to make such a request. No one person is better than the other, but to left out doesn't feel right. The question is, would the allknowing be posting his sentiments if it were someone else asking the same thing for a different country?

Re: wake up

Thunder said:

I understand that this a community for everyone around the globe but this slight oversight is somewhat of a slap in my opinion. Whether it was unintentional or not, it should have been recognized.

Maybe its just me, but I think there is a huge difference between simply asking for your flag to be included in the banner(which is perfectly acceptable) and saying that it is a "slap" that it isn't included and that it "should have been recognized"(which, in my opinion is NOT acceptable).

Opinions vary

Fellow Members,
Like I've stated, everyone is entitled to their opinion and obviously not everyone is as passionate about their country as I am but you'll never hear me say that makes me a better person or a better American. If you can't truly recognize what I actually meant by my original post, well I can't help that. But if you condemn me for it, I'll fight for what I feel. Plain and simple.

Uh, Thunder? You do know why the flags are there, right? If you haven't before, have you ever clicked on one? Go do it now, I'll be here when you get back...

...Okay, you'll have noticed now that they aren't merely decorative or signs of preference, but that they link to a welcome page in German, Spanish, French, Italian or Portuguese. It's strictly utilitarian, a means of letting people known their language is spoken here. An American flag, or even a UK/Canadian/ANZAC one, would be superfluous, because, well, the site is in English already.

That's all. No secret motives of disrespect or thoughtless omissions, just some "Se habla espanol" signs. It's all good, T-man, just switch to decaf.

MadKalnod said:
Uh, Thunder? You do know why the flags are there, right? If you haven't before, have you ever clicked on one? Go do it now, I'll be here when you get back...

Damn, MadKalnod stole my, er, well, thunder... yep, that's all the flags are.. a beacon for international members to find their language rapidly. Pretty cool in my opinion.

correct Tummy

You're absloutely correct Tummy, I applaud the moderators of this site for affording the opportunity to others who wish to see this site in their own language. I was just saying that it would be nice to see ours up there as well, regardless of the fact that the site is already in english. Is that wrong? It was only a thought I wanted to express and perhaps I could have done it a different way, but I won't let anyone put a label on me as I'm sure you wouldn't like it done to you as well. With that all said, let's just let bygons be bygons and enjoy this site to its fullest.

If George 'Dubya' Bush keeps taking money out of the education system, in a generations time I fear it might be necessary to have an American flag on the homepage to click on to display a welcome message with pictures instead of words.

xylo

Re: Many TMF members are international so,

Blackrook said:
I'd support an American flag if it were accompanied by other flags representing the nationalities of TMF members. Big Jim is from the UK. Haltickling & Maurauder are from Germany. Cotton Eyed Joe is from Latvia. Etc. My fear is that many might take it as a slap if the American flag were the only flag. But a multi-flag banner would be nice if/when it were considered.

Rook.

I think the reasoning behind the banner is that most people take it for granted that people who speak English will use the place. Therefore they don't both including Old Glory or the Union Jack because people from the USA and the UK will know to come here anyway. So they put up those other flags to let people outside the two most regular nations know that they could use the place. It's almost like they were put there to remind people that other nations COULD use the site if they wanted.

The Jack and Glory not being there is just a sign that we are automatically included.

What's New

5/20/2024
Visit the TMF Welcome forum and take a moment to say hello to us all!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** LadyInternet ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back