• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Parents’ gaming ban leads to boy’s suicide

Ah, the story that I 'love' is in the related story links of that page.

http://www.nintendoeverything.com/?p=3403

Guy kills two ten year old girls, and gets to play wii in jail, cause otherwise he may kill himself.... what a load of bull. First of all taxpayers money is going to support his life, but he gets added bonuses like a friggin wii. Oh, and better yet, he got a game cube first, but complained after a few weeks that it was too outdated.

>_< what the hell is wrong with society. No offense but he SHOULD be depressed and feeling bad after killing two little children.

Seriously now...

I am no stranger to using the "if you don't straighten up i'll take the wii away for a day" tactic. And you know what, it works. For 99 percent of parents with children that enjoy gaming, it's one of the greatest parenting tactics ever. But i can assure you my kid has a bit of an addiction to gaming.. it runs in the family. I get that way, my mother was prolly one of the very first hardcore video gamers to ever grace this earth. Can i imagine my kid leaping off the top of the building because she can't play Endless Ocean? No, i would hope she has more sense than that but I'm not a mind reader either. What i know best is that she shouldn't spend all freakin' day glued to a game controller. Sometimes she should go outside. I catch alot of flak for it too but that doesn't mean i feel the need to stalk her to make sure she's not going to run into traffic either. I bet this goes for the parents of this kid too. They didn't spank him, or humiliate him, they just enforced something that the kid wasn't emotionally prepared for. It was a unfortunate misunderstanding amongst this family, but not negligence in any form or fashion.
But what do i know? :D

Wow...it's kinda sad that his parents let him get to the point where he is so incredibly addicted.....poor kid...

Wow...it's kinda sad that his parents let him get to the point where he is so incredibly addicted.....poor kid...

Like any addiction, he could've become addicted with the first game. Yes, the parents should've done something sooner, but these kids today have no coping skills. When we were punished back in the day, many just sucked it up and dealt with it; nowadays kids can't deal with much of anything. When things don't go their way, they pick up guns and shoot it up ending with them committing suicide (probably in order to avoid dealing with the consequences).

Although I don't blame the parents for what happened there are some things to say where they're concerned;a wii does NOT replace the time and personal attention a parent is supposed to invest in a child. In my generation, it was the tv babysitter, now it's the computer and game boxes. Gotta get back to basics and make the toys a supplement, not the forefront of their lives. That's what parents are supposed to do.

Wow. That's an extreme reaction, to say the least. I imagine this boy may have had far deeper problems than just being a video game addict, though I could be wrong. That's very sad.

I don't know. Kid's tend to have the last say in matters these days as various authorities take away their power to discipline them. Then they blame the parents.

What a waste of a life. The death, and the incessant playing of computer games...

Agreed. Sad thing is that sometimes it's all they have.
Scary, really.

That kid was an idiot.

And on another note, no one should be saying anything that sounds like "wee" in jail. Jail shouldn't be fun. You eat your bologna sandwich miserably and you hope your sore ass feels better soon. That's it.

This is bound to make me unpopular, but so what? His parents were fools for letting the kid do nothing but play the games and the kid obviously inherited the weak genes from his idiot parents. If the kid had lived, assuming he ever found a woman that would have sex with him, he'd have even weaker children. A very sad trend in today's world. I liken this back to the days when people who played D&D would kill themselves because their character died. The world was much better off without those morons. Sounds harsh, I know, but I think the world is better off without him.

One less idiot to cloud the gene pool.

Crazy kid -- for being that addicted.

Crazy parents -- for not being in touch enough with their kid to be able to anticipate that reaction.

It's just survival of the fittest. This kid obviously wouldn't be able to cut it as an adult, so he was weeded out of humanity...and the gene pool.

That kid was an idiot.

And on another note, no one should be saying anything that sounds like "wee" in jail. Jail shouldn't be fun. You eat your bologna sandwich miserably and you hope your sore ass feels better soon. That's it.

I agree. The first conclusion any mundane reader will come to is that the parents are at fault for letting him get to that point of addiction. When I was a kid, I had the opportunity to spend immense ammounts of time in front of an snes... Did I? Absolutely not. The kid is at fault for not making the incredibly obvious assertion that life is far greater than the temporary sense of false self satisfaction that any video game will inevitably output.

That being said... I feel for the boy's state of mind and it was without doubt a tragedy that could have easily been avoided.

On the jail bit, dont even get me started lol :slapfight:...

- The Emperor

This kid is totally not overreacting. He showed his parents! :happyfloa

Haha :clap:

Seriously though, while that's one of the stupidest things I heard in a long time, I can't hate the kid, because, well, it's a kid. I don't expect them to have developed rational thinking. A kid shouldn't be THAT stupid at 12 years old though, had he been just a couple of years older I would have responded with "Darwin Award!" in capital letters, but now you're gonna have to put up with this crap instead! :D

This is too funny. I WANT MY WORLD OF WARCRAFT NOOOW!

-Xionking

I gotta admit that this is indeed a sad sight in the world today, but what is even worse is that I'm not surprised by this at all. It was a matter of time until something like this happened. Anyways, I'm gonna put my two cents in on this topic. Love what I say or hate me for it, the choice is yours.

I am a fairly avid gamer. Not a super hardcore player, but I play a decent amount. But for me games weren't an addiction, and thankfully my parents, as well as outside influences(like a full week power outage...) helped prevent me from being totally sucked into games. Nowadays when I play games, it's just for the ability to suspend my own belief and live in a world where I can do things I normally can't(like shoot zombies for instance). But for this kid's parents to let it get this far and be this bad is simply disturbing to me. My girlfriend's little brother plays his games a lot, but ever since I started dating my girlfriend, he doesn't as much. And I'm the reason. I make sure he goes outside, plays with friends. He's even involved in a little league baseball team(not my doing though).

All in all, games should be a way to live in a world a pure fantasy and relieve the stress each new day brings. Not a place to leave your brain in. Because once that happens, your games are your life. And without them, you are without your life...

These anti personality devices that technology is creating is doing just as much harm than helping kids nowadays. :sowrong:

What's New

5/18/2024
The vote for the 2023 Golden Feather Awards is still open! Vote in the GFA forum today!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back