• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Pavlov's Dog experiment applied to tickling?

No Thoughts...

I just think you're weird. MWAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!J/K Keep those unique concepts coming and Happy Tickling!

Last edited:
Mairead, my pulse and heart rate have always jumped upon hearing the word "tickle" or any variation. I see where you're coming from, and it would be an intersting experiment. If you would ever want to try it, get in touch with me...hahahahaha.

I've pondered the same thing, however with a different application. Tickling for me is sexual but not everyone shares in this veiw on things. I was wondering if tickling followed by sex would eventually result in my partners being turned on by tickling alone in anticipation of the sex that usually follows. I can say that i've had mixed results but my research continues.
-gqguy-

I knew this was a possibility before I got my Psych degree 10 yrs ago (damn, '96 was 10 yrs ago :shock: ) Furthermore, I know firsthand that it works; my 'ler calls me on his way home from work several times per week, he's done so for about 4 yrs now. In order to save his cell minutes he calls my home phone and lets it ring twice, then I call him back. He also does this when he's on his way to see me. Every single time that phone rings only twice I have a strong physical reaction, my breathing elevates and all of his favorite places to torture start to tingle and...throb...all on their own <<<<---- . He likes to watch ESPN while we play, and just hearing that channel messes with my head...

And yes, he knows it, thug... :poke3:

Bella

Last edited:
I've always wanted to do the sexual one - but in mine it would be making a woman wear a vibrator against her clit while I tickle her feet. Force orgasms during foot tickling. That sort of thing. So she can't even have a pedicure without getting massively arroused.

I think that's why lees laugh upons seeing a ler approach with wriggling fingers, even before the fingers touch flesh. :D

ticklishgiggle said:
if a person even says the word "tickle" I'll respond with increased heartrate, smiling, or even laughing softly. I don't cackle like I'm being tortured, obviously, but the feeling is there.

What are your thoughts on it?

This is likely a part of why some folks are able to enjoy cyber so much. I actually have things that make me immediately think of (and sometimes feel) tickling. Scent is one of those things. A certain look is another. I'll hold off from being more specific lest those things be used against me in a court of tickle. :happyfloa

I've been using it for quite a while. Inspired by the Remote Control article in Joy of Sex, my first lover and I used a small, innocuous gesture which could bring her to orgasm from across a crowded room. My current girlfriend and I have both gestures and phrases for orgasms, tickling sensations, and hugs.

:) E. Bunbury

I have used this technique

I have sucessfully conditioned more than one GF over the years to subconciously associate tickling with multiple orgasms, with the result that anything which gets them thinking about tickling also turns them on.
To accomplish this took discipline on my part; during the condotioning period, I tried never to tickle casualkly. I only tickled when circumstance and consent would let me give her climaxes. The key to the conditioning was two factors;
1) EVERY time I tickled her, she would be given orgasms during the tickling.
2) Orgasms were only allowed to happen WHILE the tickling was taking place.

This is of course anecdotal information, and therefore statistically meaningless. However, the methodology described above has worked on all four of the women I have tried it on, and has never failed to work for me.

Most of the 'lees I've had did not require such conditioning because they already strongly associated tickling with sex.

ticklishgiggle said:
I just got out of Psychology where we were learning about the Pavlov's Dog experiment and how Pavlov controlled the dog's reflex of salivating when presented with food by incorporating the sound of a bell when food was given so then even when food was not present, as long as the bell was, the dogs would salivate.

I've been wondering if this could be incorporated into tickling. For instance, everytime a person tickles another person, the ler would have a certain song playing. The song has to be playing before and a little bit during the act of tickling for the 'lee to make an association. After a few repetitions of this, the 'lee should respond with a "ticklish reaction" even when just the song itself is present.

I think this works for lots of people here, even if they don't know it. For instance, I associate talking about tickling with actual tickling so sometimes if a person even says the word "tickle" I'll respond with increased heartrate, smiling, or even laughing softly. I don't cackle like I'm being tortured, obviously, but the feeling is there.

Holly crap! I'm studying psychology and we saw Pavlov's reflexology, but I never thought that it could be used for tickle, man you're smart! I don't know if it could be applied to humans, it'd be a little more complex than the dog experiment, but I suppose it could be done. I mean, after all, isn't tickling a reflex?
We need a volunteer! :D

I've seen this happen with a sound and a look. At one gathering, there was a gal who had very long nails, and she tended to make this clicking sound with them right before she tickled. Sometimes she'd just make the sound, and the lee would still react whether she tickled or not. And most lers have seen a lee melt, giggle or get up and run once they see "that look".

GQguy said:
I've pondered the same thing, however with a different application. Tickling for me is sexual but not everyone shares in this veiw on things. I was wondering if tickling followed by sex would eventually result in my partners being turned on by tickling alone in anticipation of the sex that usually follows. I can say that i've had mixed results but my research continues.
-gqguy-

I totally agree with you that tickling can be used as a warm-up for sex. I took up belly-dancing because of the sensation and arousal it creates for me in my own belly. After my dance I enjoy a man tickling my belly with a combination of kisses, and finger tickles. What follows after that is a very erotically charged feeling!!!!! I think that proves your point that tickling alone is a turn-on in anticipation of the sex that usually follows. KEEP ON TICKLING!!!

ticklishgiggle said:
Associating long nails, "tickle-talk" or even a look from a ler seems pretty normal, but what I was wondering is if a person can be taught to associate something random with the act of tickling. Like how I suggested a song.

I like how in Bella's case, it's just the phone ringing twice.

Potentially, yes... Odd or random stimuli can be successfully paired. While the dog salivating to the sound of a dinner bell may seem pretty normal, considering the relationship, consider instead an induced fear of cottonballs... In talking about conditioning, your class may also discuss the case of "Little Albert" -- an infant subject of a rather unethical conditioning experiment...

Babies are instinctually fearful of loud noise. Knowing this, experimenters took their subject (referred to as "Little Albert") and introduced him to a Santa Claus mask complete with fluffy false beard. He checked it out and showed no more reaction than curiosity. After several trials of this, demonstrating he had no fear of the object, the introduced it again, but this time, accompanied by the sound of cymbals clanging (I think that's what they used)... After only two trials (as I recall) with the loud noise pairing, Litlle Albert's fear extended now to the Santa Claus mask. Every time it was introduced, he'd scream and cry (even when there was no sound to accompany it).

It was found that he also generalized this fear to things sharing the same characteristics -- a white fluffy bunny, and cotton balls (each resembling the Santa Claus beard).

Fear is a powerful thing and often, it only takes one or two traumatic acts (pairing fear -- or something fear-inducing -- with the stimuli) to solidify it...

Pairing tickling with a song is certainly not impossible, but as with many things that are established in adulthood, the effects are likely to change with time and return to the previous baseline of reaction, unless they are continually paired to reinforce the association...

That is, you could condition someone to associate a song with being tickled, but unless that relationship is periodically revisited and reinforced (after a while of hearing the song without the accompanying tickling, the association will likely fade), eventually, the song will probably return to just being a song...

Now, as to the frequency with which the song needs to be paired with tickling for the association to remain effective? I'm not sure.

ticklishgiggle said:
I just got out of Psychology where we were learning about the Pavlov's Dog experiment and how Pavlov controlled the dog's reflex of salivating when presented with food by incorporating the sound of a bell when food was given so then even when food was not present, as long as the bell was, the dogs would salivate.

I've been wondering if this could be incorporated into tickling. For instance, everytime a person tickles another person, the ler would have a certain song playing. The song has to be playing before and a little bit during the act of tickling for the 'lee to make an association. After a few repetitions of this, the 'lee should respond with a "ticklish reaction" even when just the song itself is present.

I think this works for lots of people here, even if they don't know it. For instance, I associate talking about tickling with actual tickling so sometimes if a person even says the word "tickle" I'll respond with increased heartrate, smiling, or even laughing softly. I don't cackle like I'm being tortured, obviously, but the feeling is there.

I've actually found it to be true. There have been a few times when I have had ahold of a girl's feet, and said "Cootchie Cootchie Coo" while wiggling my fingers close to her feet without touching them. Every time, they would still cackled as if I was raking my fingers across their defenseless bare soles.

I've found that I can absolutely condition girls to respond to my intentions. One of my frequent techniques in my videos is to do a slow countdown, 3...2...1 and then tickle the girl in whatever way is going to be the most intense for her specifically, for "long enough to make an impression."

Two or three repetitions of that pattern seems to be enough to cause any girl to go into uncontrollable hysterical panic as soon as I start counting down. :cool:

Thinking about it a bit more, I think there's something to be said about the succinctness of the paired stimuli in relation to the intensity and longevity of the reaction... Pavlov's bell, "Little Albert's" cymbals, Mastertank's induced orgasms, Bella's phone ringing, EBunbury's gestures and phrases, and Jeff's simple countdown are all stimuli relatively short in duration, but give a clear, concise signal (whether for simple pairing or for activating an anticipatory response)...

It may be a bit more difficult, and maybe not as rewarding as one might think, to have an entire song stimulate a ticklish response through ordinary conditioning than through an alternative method such as post-hypnotic suggestion... However, it would be fairly easy, I believe, to develop such responses at certain key points, using lyrics or notes as landmarks...

To explain: Playing a song over and over again while you're tickling someone may be part of one stimuli-pairing plan, but how much will get through over the laughter and lack of concentration? Tickling through the song and getting that pairing to really stick might be difficult...

It would be easier to do something akin to what Pavlov did -- also what Jeff did, and what happens to Bella, etc. -- and play a bit of a song, and after a key phrase or something, go in for the kill, developing an anticipatory response... Then maybe a brief break of several seconds to let the 'lee get her wits, hear the next stanza you want paired, and then, do it again, making key points of the song something the 'lee will hear and be able to react to... Or, you could tickle lightly throughout the song, provided it was light enough and the 'lee wasn't laughing too hard for the song to register, and then, as with the plan above, "go in for the kill" at key points. Either should produce a mild association of tickling/anticipation with the song and with a pattern of punctuated climaxes of response that should send some fun shivers through any 'lee... :D

But as for the entirety of the song eliciting a steady ticklish reaction? Look to post-hypnotic suggestion. I think that'd be easiest.

All the best!

ticklishgiggle said:

Holding a BA in Psychology, I remember those psychology discussions well :)

I think it does work. If I even hear the T-word (tickle, ticklish is even worse) my face turns bright red and my heart accelerates. If I'm really sensitized, I might even start laughing.

I'm also "visually ticklish". Certain hand motions, gestures, etc, make me smile and can even cause laughter.

yes, Maraid, I think you're right on the money, here. :)

Hi Ticklishgiggle,

Believe it or not someone actually did a scientific study on this. When I was in college I came across a study where they tested classical conditional on tickling. It's been a few years but I think the experiment bascially went like this:

The researcher (tickler) would tickle the bottoms of the test subjects feet while simultaneously saying "tickle tickle" or "kootchi koo"...after a while simply saying those words would cause the some of the test subjects to laugh. If you go to a university biomedical library I bet that you could find the paper for this experiment.

Ciao!

When I was a University student, I looked at all the tickling articles I could find in the library on tickling.

I believe that the experiment I love 2 DayTrade is talking about is where the University students either got a choice: participate in the experiment or write an essay in order to get the credit for the course. Either they had that choice or they weren't students in a pysch course and just university students, thathad the choice of participating and getting paid or not participation.
:dogpile:

Being a New Yorker for most of my life...

I once mined the main NYC public library for tickling info. 90% of what I found, including a bunch of experiments in Pavlovian conditioning involving tickling, was in German, with no translations available. The studies had titles like "Uber Den Kitzel". Made me think of a variant on the German national anthem, Deutschland Uber Alles;
"Kitzel, kitzel uber alles, uber alles im der welt!" That would translate to;
Tickle, tickle over all of them, over all of them in the world!
Nice thought.

Hey, Mairead; if the idea of Pavlovian conditioning of humans is creepy, ask your Psych teacher about B.F. Skinner's theories about raising babies in what came to be called 'Skinner Boxes'. Now that stuff is MAJOR creep out material!

Door 44 Productions
What's New

5/8/2024
The final Vote for the 2023 Golden Feather Awards is now ongoing. Visit the GFA forum to vote!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back