• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Percy Jackson and the Olympians/Camp Half-Blood series

Big_Dogg85

4th Level Yellow Feather
Now I know these series of books are geared towards kids and that's fine but I've read through the entire Percy Jackson series and damn that is one awesome series. I thought seeing the movie was good but the book completely embarassed and humiliated the movie - I feel a measure of shame in seeing the movie and thinking it was good. Why couldn't a better adaptation of the book been used - I honestly feel it could have competed with Lord of the Rings if done right but the first movie sets the tone and it did a poor job, given that I've read the series.

If you get the chance to read it, more so if you're a Mythology nerd like I am but not necessary, do read it. I found myself becoming very enthralled with the books - characters, plotlines and their respective developments, twists, everything. I'm quite positive author Rick Riordan will never see this post but I want to thank him for such an awesome series - a series that doesn't just appeal to kids but people of all ages. I think I'm gonna give his recent release about a pair of siblings and Egyptian Mythology a try before his new Camp Half Blood series begins in October. I'm psyched and I haven't leisure read this much since I was a kid. They're also in production for the second Percy Jackson movie so I'm hoping they get their heads on straight and this movie does the book more credit than the first.

For those of you who have seen the movie or, even better, read the series as I have - what did you think?

CAN'T EFFING WAIT! :toast: :toast: :toast:

I enjoyed the first book, and was annoyed by some of the greater details left out in the movie. Certainly a series worth investing in.

Now I know these series of books are geared towards kids and that's fine but I've read through the entire Percy Jackson series and damn that is one awesome series. I thought seeing the movie was good but the book completely embarassed and humiliated the movie - I feel a measure of shame in seeing the movie and thinking it was good. Why couldn't a better adaptation of the book been used - I honestly feel it could have competed with Lord of the Rings if done right but the first movie sets the tone and it did a poor job, given that I've read the series.

If you get the chance to read it, more so if you're a Mythology nerd like I am but not necessary, do read it. I found myself becoming very enthralled with the books - characters, plotlines and their respective developments, twists, everything. I'm quite positive author Rick Riordan will never see this post but I want to thank him for such an awesome series - a series that doesn't just appeal to kids but people of all ages. I think I'm gonna give his recent release about a pair of siblings and Egyptian Mythology a try before his new Camp Half Blood series begins in October. I'm psyched and I haven't leisure read this much since I was a kid. They're also in production for the second Percy Jackson movie so I'm hoping they get their heads on straight and this movie does the book more credit than the first.

For those of you who have seen the movie or, even better, read the series as I have - what did you think?

CAN'T EFFING WAIT! :toast: :toast: :toast:

Thanks for this, it was my sister's birthday yesterday and my mum told me to get her "Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters." I'd never heard of it before. Thanks, so it was a good choice then.

It's an excellent series, and I haven't seen the film yet for fear of ruining it.

Thanks for this, it was my sister's birthday yesterday and my mum told me to get her "Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters." I'd never heard of it before. Thanks, so it was a good choice then.

Does your sister have The Lightning Thief already? Sea of Monsters is an awesome book but I'd recommend her reading Lightning Thief first before Sea of Monsters since Sea is the 2nd book of the series. Oh and you made an extremely awesome choice dude! :D

i just finished the first two books. I thought they were good, its just written for kids. They yell things like Gosh Darn the Gods.

i just finished the first two books. I thought they were good, its just written for kids. They yell things like Gosh Darn the Gods.

It is true that the series is geared towards children but I don't think it takes anything away from them. I was reading on Riordan's webpage that the series was derived as a means of telling his son, who has ADHD and dyslexia, new bedtime stories and because he was a history teacher specializing in mythology he was able to use that and Percy Jackson was born. I was also reading that a Percy Jackson-based graphic novel is in the plans for the adult readers among us so that may be interesting.

On top, silver, 1st two books are awesome...the series really starts to ratchet up another gear at the end of the second going into the 3rd book, the 4th and the last book is the best.

Does your sister have The Lightning Thief already? Sea of Monsters is an awesome book but I'd recommend her reading Lightning Thief first before Sea of Monsters since Sea is the 2nd book of the series. Oh and you made an extremely awesome choice dude! :D

Thanks, I'm not sure if she has Lightening Theif, but my mum said that my sister is really excited following the series, so if she doesn't have it, she soon will.

I've read the series AND seen the movie. I don't even know how they can do any of the sequels with what they left out. Worse than any of the Harry Potter adaptions in my opinion. I did enjoy the film - if I hadn't read the book, I wouldn't have had a clue what was missing. But knowing what I know, I don't see how the direction of the films will keep up with the storyline.

As far as the author goes, I read "The Red Pyramid" - his next series which involves Egyptian mythology (which I'm not as familiar with as Greek mythology). I didn't like it as much, but it was still fun. In November, he comes out with another "camp half-blood" book (continuing where the end of the Percy Jackson series left off). Can't wait!

I've read the series AND seen the movie. I don't even know how they can do any of the sequels with what they left out. Worse than any of the Harry Potter adaptions in my opinion. I did enjoy the film - if I hadn't read the book, I wouldn't have had a clue what was missing. But knowing what I know, I don't see how the direction of the films will keep up with the storyline.

As far as the author goes, I read "The Red Pyramid" - his next series which involves Egyptian mythology (which I'm not as familiar with as Greek mythology). I didn't like it as much, but it was still fun. In November, he comes out with another "camp half-blood" book (continuing where the end of the Percy Jackson series left off). Can't wait!

Des, there is a website where you get a glimpse at the 1st 2 chapters of the new book called The Lost Hero.

http://www.camphalfblood.com/

password: newhero

i've read the lightning theif but I haven't seen the movie yet. i always like to read the books first

Fireguardian and I watched the movie the other week. She wants to get the books now, so I'll steal them from her when she's done. :p

Thanks!!! I owe you! <<33

You don't owe me anything at all Des! Glad to help :D :D :D (I do want a hug when I see you next though!)

Fireguardian and I watched the movie the other week. She wants to get the books now, so I'll steal them from her when she's done. :p

Dude, believe me when I say you'll feel some form of shame about the movie when u read the book - it's not like a book where it's better than the movie due to the reader's imagination...the book, the words, the structure itself is better than the movie. If you liked the movie, you will seriously love the books!! :D

:gbtoast:

Those are the ones Kassi borrowed from me :) I still have to get the 5th book to her. I found the paperbacks cheap at Meijer (yeah, I know you don't have one... I'm sure Wally world or somewhere will have them). After book 1, I couldn't stand it and bought the boxed set off of Amazon.

You don't owe me anything at all Des! Glad to help :D :D :D (I do want a hug when I see you next though!)

I can do that :)

Dude, believe me when I say you'll feel some form of shame about the movie when u read the book - it's not like a book where it's better than the movie due to the reader's imagination...the book, the words, the structure itself is better than the movie. If you liked the movie, you will seriously love the books!! :D

:gbtoast:

I sooooo agree. The book makes the movie look amateurish. I think the actors they picked did ok though. So I'm interested in seeing what they do with the sequels. :)

Great books

On top, silver, 1st two books are awesome...the series really starts to ratchet up another gear at the end of the second going into the 3rd book, the 4th and the last book is the best.

I finished them last week. You were correct. The books were great. :D

What's New

5/22/2024
Check out Clips4Sale for more tickling clips of all sorts then anyplace else!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** LadyInternet ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back