• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Peter Parker has found his Mary Jane

Smokey hotness, my friends. Smokey, effin' hotness. Just about as perfect a casting choice a you're gonna get, in my opinion.

emma.jpg

I heard about this over the weekend, and I was pleased. (I never liked Dunst as MJ. Ever.)

I heard about this over the weekend, and I was pleased. (I never liked Dunst as MJ. Ever.)

I was never really that thrilled with her, either... or rather grew increasingly indifferent to Dunst's portrayal. From what I've seen, Emma seems to embody the aspect of MJ's character. Not only in the looks department, but in the "I'm sassy and gonna let you know it" area. This has the potential to be very good, so here's hoping they have a strong script to work with.

She's perfect for the role! And a natural red head to boot! Yays!

I thought Dunst did fine. I also think this is a good choice.

This girl is potentially a good choice. I do agree she seems to be a natural for the part. Personally, i'm a little hesitant about the remake, because i thought the other three movies were pretty good. I do wonder if they are going to be going in a sort of "Batman Begins" this movie, in making it a somewhat darker movie then the original.

I'd also love it if they made this movie in the same universe as the Avengers setting is going to be in. I love how they have interwoven the hulk, Iron Man, captain America, thor, etc setting. If they could do that with Spider-man and X-men, they would be set.

She's perfect for the role! And a natural red head to boot! Yays!

She's a natural blonde, she's been coloring her hair red.

I'd also love it if they made this movie in the same universe as the Avengers setting is going to be in. I love how they have interwoven the hulk, Iron Man, captain America, thor, etc setting. If they could do that with Spider-man and X-men, they would be set.

The Spidey franchise is in the hands of Sony, not Marvel Studios, so it will not be connected to the shared universe that Marvel is building. The only reason this Spider-Man film is being made is so Sony can keep the rights, otherwise it reverts back to Marvel/Disney. :crazy:

And it's Emma Stone, apparently. Good choice. Talented young actress and very, very attractive. Thoughts?

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...ary_jane_watson_taking_over_for_kirsten_.html

I never liked Mary Jane, I alway wished the Green Goblin had tossed that tramp of the George Washingtone Bridge instead of Gwen Stacy. Now their was a class act. Of course killing of Gwen made for much better drama because she was the more likable of the two, but I liked Gwen better.

In comic book continuity, yes. But this movie is a reboot, set when Peter Parker first becomes Spider-Man in high school.

Oh, so you mean they are planning to do it right this time, instead of the way that idiot did it last time. I hope Garfield has some charisma, and can actually act instead, unlike that stump Toby "I have no charisma" Maguire, Then their was the briliant choice of Christen "The Talentless" Dunst as Mary Jane. Sam couldn't have gone further out of their way to find actors who played the charactors the exact opposit of what they are in the comics.

Thank god for J.K. Simmons, Cliff Roberts, and Rosemarry Harris, because nothing else about that first movie went right. Willem Dafoe did a great job, but unfortunetly the Green Goblin he was given to play was a bag of shit.

Oh, so you mean they are planning to do it right this time, instead of the way that idiot did it last time. I hope Garfield has some charisma, and can actually act instead, unlike that stump Toby "I have no charisma" Maguire, Then their was the briliant choice of Christen "The Talentless" Dunst as Mary Jane. Sam couldn't have gone further out of their way to find actors who played the charactors the exact opposit of what they are in the comics.

Thank god for J.K. Simmons, Cliff Roberts, and Rosemarry Harris, because nothing else about that first movie went right. Willem Dafoe did a great job, but unfortunetly the Green Goblin he was given to play was a bag of shit.

That's the plan, hopefully. So far the casting is much better, if nothing else.
And it's true, Willem Dafoe gave a great performance, but a Green Goblin who looks like a power rangers reject just doesn't work. They haven't officially announced the villain yet, but I really hope they take their time and use the first movie to develop characters like Norman Osborn and Eddie Brock so that they can bring them in as fully fleshed out villains in later sequels.

And in an odd turn of events, I've just read that Emma Stone has actually been cast as Gwen Stacy, not Mary Jane as previously speculated. That's disappointing to me, as Emma really does seem to fit the MJ role perfectly, but we'll see how this goes.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/46894

I saw that last night. I guess Sony pulled the ol' switcheroo on us all! This leaves me to wonder if Emma Stone will survive this film :shock:

I thought Gwen Stacey was dead?

NO ONE in comics ever stays dead! Gwen and Uncle Ben are still currently dead, but give them time....

I never liked Mary Jane, I alway wished the Green Goblin had tossed that tramp of the George Washingtone Bridge instead of Gwen Stacy. Now their was a class act. Of course killing of Gwen made for much better drama because she was the more likable of the two, but I liked Gwen better.

You are looking at Gwen through rose colored glasses my friend. The simple fact of the matter on why Gwen was killed off was because neither Stan Lee (who had recently left the Amazing Spider-Man as writer) or Gerry Conway (the then current writer) felt that Gwen was boring. All she did towards the end was whine, cry, and pout. Conway wasn't allowed to marry Peter and Gwen off, nor was he allowed to have her discover Spidey's identity, so with nothing else to do with her, she took the plunge.

Conway also had Norman Osborn take a dirt nap since it was felt his constant cases of amnesia was past old. In one fell swoop, a major supporting character and the biggest bad guy were taken away, as a move to clear the deck for other, hopefully more interesting characters, to make their presence known.....MJ as a replacement for Gwen and (eventually) the Hobgoblin in place of the Green Goblin.

And thus ended the Silver Age of comics. The following year (1974) saw the introduction of both the Punisher (in February) and Wolverine (in October) and comics got a whole lot more violent!

OK, sorry for my nerd rant. I just love my comics history!

You are looking at Gwen through rose colored glasses my friend. The simple fact of the matter on why Gwen was killed off was because neither Stan Lee (who had recently left the Amazing Spider-Man as writer) or Gerry Conway (the then current writer) felt that Gwen was boring. All she did towards the end was whine, cry, and pout. Conway wasn't allowed to marry Peter and Gwen off, nor was he allowed to have her discover Spidey's identity, so with nothing else to do with her, she took the plunge.

Neither Stan Lee or Gerry Conway felt Gwen was boring? So if they didn't think she was boring why did they kill her off? If Gwen was such a bad character why did the fans wright hate mail to Gerry for killing her off in the first place, and if Mary Jane was so great why did Marvel recently decide to do the ever so lame "One More Day" story to break-up the marriage. The truth is the Hero should never get married, he sacrifices that part of his life to serve the greater good. When the only step left is to Mary off the hero, then it is time for that hero to be retired.

Conway also had Norman Osborn take a dirt nap since it was felt his constant cases of amnesia was past old. In one fell swoop, a major supporting character and the biggest bad guy were taken away, as a move to clear the deck for other, hopefully more interesting characters, to make their presence known.....MJ as a replacement for Gwen and (eventually) the Hobgoblin in place of the Green Goblin.

I wouldn't say the Hobgoblin was more interesting, but he was as interesting as the Green Goblin, at least until they fucked it all up by changing his story as far as his being Ned Leeds was concerned. Mary Jane was OK at first, but as things progressed it began to revolve around there relationship to much, and a good adventure became secondary. I really didn't care about Mary Jane by the time they got married, and she wasn't doing anything buy wining about the Spider-Man side of her husbands life. She became stagnant and in turn made Peter stagnant.

And thus ended the Silver Age of comics. The following year (1974) saw the introduction of both the Punisher (in February) and Wolverine (in October) and comics got a whole lot more violent!

With the end of the silver age, came the end of strong plots and well developed characters. Wolverine and the Punisher are two of the worst characters ever conceived. They never change, or evolve, everything that happens simply rolls off them like water off a ducks back. Although when Garth Ennis writes Punnisher it is an entertaining read.

Neither Stan Lee or Gerry Conway felt Gwen was boring? So if they didn't think she was boring why did they kill her off? If Gwen was such a bad character why did the fans wright hate mail to Gerry for killing her off in the first place, and if Mary Jane was so great why did Marvel recently decide to do the ever so lame "One More Day" story to break-up the marriage. The truth is the Hero should never get married, he sacrifices that part of his life to serve the greater good. When the only step left is to Mary off the hero, then it is time for that hero to be retired.

I wouldn't say the Hobgoblin was more interesting, but he was as interesting as the Green Goblin, at least until they fucked it all up by changing his story as far as his being Ned Leeds was concerned. Mary Jane was OK at first, but as things progressed it began to revolve around there relationship to much, and a good adventure became secondary. I really didn't care about Mary Jane by the time they got married, and she wasn't doing anything buy wining about the Spider-Man side of her husbands life. She became stagnant and in turn made Peter stagnant.

With the end of the silver age, came the end of strong plots and well developed characters. Wolverine and the Punisher are two of the worst characters ever conceived. They never change, or evolve, everything that happens simply rolls off them like water off a ducks back. Although when Garth Ennis writes Punnisher it is an entertaining read.

Oops, I made a typo there. I meant to say that both Stan Lee and Gerry Conway felt Gwen Stacy was a boring character. As writers, they had no where for her to go. It's pretty well documented all over the interwebs.

As far as Marvel breaking up Spideys marriage....that wasn't Marvel, that was all its publisher, Joe Quesada! Blame him.

As far as Marvel breaking up Spideys marriage....that wasn't Marvel, that was all its publisher, Joe Quesada! Blame him.

I don't blame him for what he did, I blame him for how he did it. They never should have maried him off in the first place.

And in an odd turn of events, I've just read that Emma Stone has actually been cast as Gwen Stacy, not Mary Jane as previously speculated. That's disappointing to me, as Emma really does seem to fit the MJ role perfectly, but we'll see how this goes.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/46894

As with Sue Storm in the Fantastic Four, another role the Elisha Cuthbert could have been perfect for. After all Peter didn't meet Gwen until college, and I believe Elisha can still pull of a College age chick.

I'm actually beginning to wonder whether they'll choose to film the majority of this movie focusing on Peter's high school or college days. Andrew Garfield, at 27, is a good 2 years older than Tobey Maguire was when he got the part. Of course, they do cast older actors as high schoolers with a great deal of frequency, but 27 is stretching it. Of course, they may go the route of the original and show Pete in his final days of high school, then move out of that setting.

wished the movies would have followed form and provide a Carnage appearance...we all know he should be next

wished the movies would have followed form and provide a Carnage appearance...we all know he should be next

I'd love to see Carnage in a movie, but not after that pathetic version of Venom from Spider-Man 3. This is a much better idea, and it gives them a chance to cast and develop characters correctly, so if and when characters like Venom and Carnage show up, it will be as awesome as those characters deserve.

What's New

5/17/2024
Check out Clips4Sale for the webs largest one-stop fetish clip location!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back