• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

playstation network down, no Destiny for me...

JennyTickles

TMF Poster
So I bought Destiny for my PS3 yesterday when everything was fine, but now the PlayStation Network is down... Anybody else having similar problems?

The PS Network, and X-Box Live networks are both experiencing significant disruptions at this time. It seems both are under attack by unknown parties who seem to wish to disrupt the services.

A bummer for all the folks who got new games for the holiday I'm sure. I wager they will have thing back to normal in a day or so.

Myriads

A small group known only as Lizard Squad attacked the PSN about a month ago with a DDOS attack which took down the servers, the group then proceeded to make a promise on Christmas day to take both PSN and XBOX off forever and that is what is happening right now

A small group known only as Lizard Squad attacked the PSN about a month ago with a DDOS attack which took down the servers, the group then proceeded to make a promise on Christmas day to take both PSN and XBOX off forever and that is what is happening right now

Netflix still works on the PS3, so I got that going for me.

Lizard Squad has been launching small DDOS attacks on games all year. World Of Warcraft, Final Fantasy 14, Guild Wars, The Old Republic, etc. They usually only last a day or so before being cleared up.

What no-life having idiots. I spent over $300 at gamestop....

Was it ever proved that the Koreans were responsible for the hacking attacks?
Or was that just Sony?

Not quite sure about this one as it's sooo hard to trace a well-versed hacker.

Was it ever proved that the Koreans were responsible for the hacking attacks?
Or was that just Sony?

Not quite sure about this one as it's sooo hard to trace a well-versed hacker.

The Playstation Network Crash wasn't North Korea. It was a DDOS (Denial Of Service) Attack by a group of hackers called "Lizard Squad". Basically, you use thousands of clients at once to try and contact a server, it doesn't know what to do with the sudden burst of information, and it crashes. I think, someone better at tech stuff might know more.

They tend to go after video game servers, and have hit a lot of online games and such in the past. I think they took down Microsoft's Live service for the Xbox that week too, IIRC. They're more pranksters than terrorists, no real political motivations, although they were apparently accepting bribes or something like that. Didn't stop national law enforcement from swooping in and arresting a few of them, though. Probably nothing to worry about except for maybe not being able to play Warcraft or something for a day or so, even if they weren't.

What's New

5/20/2024
Visit the TMF Welcome forum and take a moment to say hello to us all!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** LadyInternet ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back