• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

*points to signature*

brad1701

TMF Expert
I was deprived of the chance to do this yesterday, so I'm doing it now.

*waits*

...well?

EDIT:
For TT historians... I attached a little "Kiss Me, I'm Irish" button to my signature for a day. Here it is--

Attachments

• paddybadge.jpg
    paddybadge.jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Erinn go bragh! *high five* :D

I'm still waiting for a kiss though. :p

*shrugs* Fair 'nuff. *Makes out with Brad and Karen.*

Well, I'd remark that last year all I got were pecks on the cheek, but it's impolite to talk with your mouth full.

*snogs* (I've never used that word before... hee hee hee!)

Yeah I was hoping to add an 'Erin Go Bra-less' in my sig yesterday but alas it wasn't to be.

I'm part Irish too if any lass would like to through a smooch my way. ;)

Grandmother was Irish yet her family lived in London, go figure.

Not unprecedented, if you've read Angela's Ashes. The father moved to England in World War II because there was work there.

This is true. Before Ireland's economic revival there was quite a bit of emigration to other countries.The area where I live in the US probably has the highest concrentration of Irish outside of Ireland / UK isles.

This is true. Before Ireland's economic revival there was quite a bit of emigration to other countries.The area where I live in the US probably has the highest concrentration of Irish outside of Ireland / UK isles.

Yeah... the whole potato famine thing. That's how my family came over. Have you seen Gangs of New York?
Oh, and everyone on the forum now knows you live in Boston. :p

My family left before the "Great Hunger" and perhaps even before "the Coffin Ships"

Actually, BRad, I think it goes (1) NY City, then (2) Chicago, and then (3) Boston for high Irish concentrations. I used to live in Louisville, KY and I know there is a high number there. Probably for the bourbon two counties south of there...LOL

My family left before the "Great Hunger" and perhaps even before "the Coffin Ships"

Quite a while ago then... but after still 1800, right?

Actually, BRad, I think it goes (1) NY City, then (2) Chicago, and then (3) Boston for high Irish concentrations.

The NYC thing would make sense... 'cause Gangs of New York was set in... you know... New York.

I used to live in Louisville, KY and I know there is a high number there.

Irish... or Scotch-Irish? One's mostly Catholic from the mid-19th century, the other from the colonial period and mostly Protestant. The Scotch-Irish settled all around that area; the Appalachians and the Ozarks... they became the hillfolk.

Last edited:
I still can't believe all of Ireland was brought to its knees...by potatoes.
Picky picky eaters.

"aye me belly...i'm starving. If only I had a potato. St' Christopher please let it rain potatoes."
"How about you try this corn?"
"Yeah I don't like corn all that much."

Yeah... the whole potato famine thing. That's how my family came over. Have you seen Gangs of New York?
Oh, and everyone on the forum now knows you live in Boston. :p

Not quite, but near enough in a global sense. ;)

I'm a Patriots and Red Sox fan.

I still can't believe all of Ireland was brought to its knees...by potatoes.
Picky picky eaters.

"aye me belly...i'm starving. If only I had a potato. St' Christopher please let it rain potatoes."
"How about you try this corn?"
"Yeah I don't like corn all that much."

The reason they all died was because the oppressive British government was shipping off all the wheat and barley to feed the British army and navy, as well as the citizens of Britain. The potatoes were all the Irish had. When the fungus hit, it wiped out the food supply and the seed potatoes for planting the next year. And maize (corn) was a staple of the Americas, not Europe.

What's New

5/12/2024
There will be Trivia in our Chat Room this Sunday evening at 11PM EDT. Join us!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back