• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Pretty pictures ...

ParanoidChant

TMF Master
So, my phone is crappy by 2005 standards, but I still manage to get some decent pictures out of its camera function.

However, I'm the type of person less inclined to take photos of my friends all crowded together with plastic smiles and shots in their hands than I am to take photos of the truly breathtaking ... which for me, are sunsets.

I've attached what I think are the four prettiest sunsets I've managed to capture. What about you guys? What are the prettiest pictures you've ever taken?

Attachments

• doctor obsidian.jpg
    doctor obsidian.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 12
  • garshmoogin.jpg
    garshmoogin.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 14
  • hoohahpants.jpg
    hoohahpants.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 7
  • plooper.jpg
    plooper.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 10
I tend to think of my pictures not as pretty. Instead I try to look past the surface and go back to the moment when I took the photo, and remember the feeling I had then.
This picture has a melancholic, although relived atmosphere, one where I managed to put my own feelings into it - I can see myself in it, and that's something that rarely happens to me. In some cultures, when a child dies, it turns into a bird.

IMG_3523.jpg

Very nice pictures. Cell phones sometimes can take really awesome pictures by accident. Had this camera phone, and it was a bottom rung Kyocera paper weight piece of junk, but it did the job.
Between_the_Lines_by_Saeria.jpg

This picture has a melancholic, although relived atmosphere, one where I managed to put my own feelings into it - I can see myself in it, and that's something that rarely happens to me.

Ya see, that's why I like sunset pictures - coz evenings are times of decompression for me, so I associate those kind of scenes with after-work relaxation, or when I was kid and my friends and I would try to get in a few more games before dark.

Your picture strikes melancholy in me as well. I usually associate statues with waiting, and in combination with the overcast, I get a sense of life at a still, zero-sum pace ... like watching the world go by you on an unremarkable day.

Very nice pictures. Cell phones sometimes can take really awesome pictures by accident. Had this camera phone, and it was a bottom rung Kyocera paper weight piece of junk, but it did the job.

Ya know, I like this pic as well. Maybe I'm just a sucker for skyscapes, but usually when I see sky at this time of day, it's because I have free time, so I get that same feeling from this pic as I do from lazy sunday afternoons.

Srsly. I live for this shit.

Ok, since we're talking sunsets captured with mobile cameras, I might as well jump on that bandwagon :D

lomobild1.jpg
DSC00932.jpg

Both of them are taken in the northern part of Sweden. The sun actually sets, but that is about as low as it goes before rising again.
I'm usually a real sucker for monochrome, but these got to keep their colour.

Ok, since we're talking sunsets captured with mobile cameras, I might as well jump on that bandwagon :D

lomobild1.jpg
DSC00932.jpg

Both of them are taken in the northern part of Sweden. The sun actually sets, but that is about as low as it goes before rising again.
I'm usually a real sucker for monochrome, but these got to keep their colour.

those 2 pictures are awesome

those are all awesome!!! you guys know how much i love natural photos like that :) i have some cool ones that i took recently with my phone. the first is of some cool looking cloud formations during a coming storm. the rest are some distant early morning Los Angeles skyline photos from when I was home last. hope you guys like them!

Last edited:
No sunsets to offer,but here's one i took from the balcony of my apartment.Got too much of the building in the frame though.:(

The rest of them were taken at McKinney Falls State Park last fall.

Had to go into the cellphone to actually see what I had on there. Some Colorado and some NYC.

God-DAMN, those are some pretty forests y'all got up there!

those are all awesome!!! you guys know how much i love natural photos like that :) i have some cool ones that i took recently with my phone. the first is of some cool looking cloud formations during a coming storm. the rest are some distant early morning Los Angeles skyline photos from when I was home last. hope you guys like them!

There was seriously just a hole in the clouds? Crazy. And the Los Angeles skyline ... I just love it. Don't ask why ...

No sunsets to offer,but here's one i took from the balcony of my apartment.Got too much of the building in the frame though.:(

The rest of them were taken at McKinney Falls State Park last fall.

I think I've seen the McKinney ones before, but still ... I love state/national parks. There's no reason to see them BESIDES being on holiday (well, unless you work there .., which I have before, lol)

[QUOTE-kraziedog]Had to go into the cellphone to actually see what I had on there. Some Colorado and some NYC.[/QUOTE]

Damn man, where didja get those Colorado pics?

Very nice pictures in this thread.

Here are a couple of mine; both of them were taken in southern Arizona, not far from my town.

Great thread idea,

My first three pictures are from my grandpa's farm in Pa. It was a X-mas tree farm with lots of land, and you could spend all day there taking pictures, there's so many places to find pretty things.

The other two were at a car show and I just really think cars are pretty, especially bright ones when the sun hits them in a nice way. Plus the Mach One is badass.

love all the pics especialy the sunsets they are cool i dont have a camara phone so i cannot take ne pics but i do love to take pics with my digital camera

Damn man, where didja get those Colorado pics?

The first with little statue in the river is in Estes Park Colorado, runs right through the middle of town. Beautiful town.

The next two are at Seven Falls in Colorado Springs/Manitou area.

And the last one in the second post is from Garden of the Gods in Manitou Springs CO.

Shitty iPhone camera does not do them justice, but neither do real cameras either. Awesome places to visit. Estes is 45 mins past Boulder up in the mountains, and Seven Falls and GotG are 7 miles apart from each other about 1:30 south of Denver off highway 25. If you are ever in that Springs area you can also check out Cave of the Winds, the Indian Cliff Dwellings, and the Air Force Academy.

The first with little statue in the river is in Estes Park Colorado, runs right through the middle of town. Beautiful town.

The next two are at Seven Falls in Colorado Springs/Manitou area.

And the last one in the second post is from Garden of the Gods in Manitou Springs CO.

Shitty iPhone camera does not do them justice, but neither do real cameras either. Awesome places to visit. Estes is 45 mins past Boulder up in the mountains, and Seven Falls and GotG are 7 miles apart from each other about 1:30 south of Denver off highway 25. If you are ever in that Springs area you can also check out Cave of the Winds, the Indian Cliff Dwellings, and the Air Force Academy.

Been to all those places.Loved it.:)

Great thread... love looking a people's pics from all over the place.

Love the Colorado pics Kraziedog... some very nice scenery. Big fan of the PA pics too lemoncake. The first one doesn't even look real, it's such a nice green pic.

Thought I'd throw a few of my own on here. The first is a little park out here in Arizona (and who says the desert isn't green?) The second is a waterfall that's just off an overpass in the hills. It's not easy to hike to, but it's so worth it. The next two are both reflection shots... I don't know why but reflections in the water is something that's always interested me. And then the last one is a sunset, sticking with the theme of things so far.

Here are a couple of mine; both of them were taken in southern Arizona, not far from my town.

I really like that first one. My desert experiences so far consist of flying over them and visiting the Omaha zoo's Desert Dome, but I can always appreciate areas of vast quiet and desolation -it's good for introspection (Nebraska and most of the prairie states were called 'The Great American Desert' back in the 19th century, before Arbor Day and agriculture totally turned the ecosystem on its head)

My first three pictures are from my grandpa's farm in Pa. It was a X-mas tree farm with lots of land, and you could spend all day there taking pictures, there's so many places to find pretty things.

Wow, you have quite the photographer's eye. I agree with Laffy Daffy on that first one - you could easily sell that one to the Microsoft Corporation, it'd make a kickass desktop. Your g-dad's farm looked beautifully idyllic.

I like how the second pic is at once both still and peaceful and very busy with all the floatsam in the water. It's one of those photos that you can take your time on and soak in all the layers.

love all the pics especialy the sunsets they are cool i dont have a camara phone so i cannot take ne pics but i do love to take pics with my digital camera

Heck man, post some! I'd love to see em!

Thought I'd throw a few of my own on here. The first is a little park out here in Arizona (and who says the desert isn't green?) The second is a waterfall that's just off an overpass in the hills. It's not easy to hike to, but it's so worth it. The next two are both reflection shots... I don't know why but reflections in the water is something that's always interested me. And then the last one is a sunset, sticking with the theme of things so far.

I really dig that technique you used in the fourth one. I had to magnify it to see the pond bottom, and that rock sticking out looked like a freaking meteor falling from the sky! The other pics make me wanna hunt down all the undeveloped film canisters I have lying around (Laziness strikes again) and finally get prints of the pictures I took when I worked at Yellowstone.

So ... how many of you guys pursue photography as a hobby? I'd like to get into it more, I just don't have a decent camera readily available, just my cell.

here is one i took earlyer when the sun was setting it was very bright
SANY1092.jpg

pic i took in mass at a gathering
SANY1047.jpg

ct at a munch also
SANY0926.jpg

SANY0930.jpg

on my way to texas from ny
SANY0348.jpg

SANY0349.jpg

SANY0346.jpg

What's New

5/4/2024
The Final vote for the 2023 Golden Feather Awards is open! Visit the GFA fouem and cast your ballot!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** LadyInternet ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back