• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Profession question...

Moses25

4th Level Orange Feather
What does it take to become a professor of Psychology?

Just asking.

All replies are greatly appreciated.

Cheers. :lion:

Postgraduate study in psychology would be a start.

Ali32

Yeah, I don't think psychology is like some of the other classes such as business, where you can go out and do it and then come back and teach it. Psychology is more of a pure academic discipline, which means slaving yourself to academia for a looooong time.

My little sister has a Dual Masters in Psychology, and is currently in her last stage to finish her PHD. She has been in school since 22, now 34. She went the full route including many internships with professors, working clinics including free clinics. Sports psychology and the whole gambit. After finishing her PHD next year (on both disciplines Child and Adult) she has several offers from big colleges to become a professor.

It takes a lot work, but she loves it and has worked hard. She even gave up a lot of things, she got married just 2 years ago and hasn't even thought about children. But she wanted to get the career she wanted.

Like 9's said, she was a slave to academia for a long time, living at home until she was 30 because of all the studying and internships that don't pay, but get the necessary tools to move forward in that area of study.

Rob

What's New

5/19/2024
There will be Tivia in our Chat Room this Sunday evening at 11PM EDT! Join us!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back