• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Promotions And Employment...Am I Too Old To Start?

Ethical Edward

TMF Expert
Ive been reading posts from Hal, Irishgirl and Tickleshotel about their current success employmentwise and indeed I am happy for them...and perhaps a bit scared for me. Tomorrow night I begin donating time at my local volunteer ambulance corps. If you volunteer for a year they pay for the 90 day course to be certified and if you pass the test, sponsor you for a job in the area. As some might have read on other threads I lost my father on June 23. He always promised me jobs as long back as 1990 but never came through on one. I blame myself mostly because how many times does Charlie Brown have to try to kick to the football before he realizes that Lucy is gonna pull it away at the last second? (Peanuts cartoon reference.) Now with his drunkeness and fake promises behind me I look to start a career on my own with no help and "good words put in for you" and perhaps better for it. However I am 34 and frankly im laden with doubt. I just dont know if I can do it, my self-confidence is low. Hearing all these stories about promotions and stuff find me a bit jealous no offense but I dont want to just sit and stew about other peoples good fortune anymore...I want to do something about mine! Am I realistic? Am I too old to start the journey to be an Emergency Medical Technician? Has life passed me by while I let it? :confused:

Ethical Edward said:
However I am 34 and frankly im laden with doubt. I just dont know if I can do it, my self-confidence is low. Hearing all these stories about promotions and stuff find me a bit jealous no offense but I dont want to just sit and stew about other peoples good fortune anymore...I want to do something about mine! Am I realistic? Am I too old to start the journey to be an Emergency Medical Technician? Has life passed me by while I let it? :confused:

OH HELL NO! Edward, no way you're too old. Of course you can do it. In the brief time you've been posting you've shown yourself to be a thoughtful and intelligent person. I'm quite sure you can succeed as an EMT.

And I don't know if this is helpful information or harmful, but would you believe David Lee Roth is now an EMT? And he's a heck of a lot older than 34.

Golly, Edward, 34 is NOT old- you're just getting started on the good part!

Yep. What Lynn said. I've done some of that training and have a brother who's ALS certified. It's hard work and you need to be attentive to detail. But, I've seen nothing that would put your ability to do that into question. Go for it!

Ann

Ethical Edward,NO your not too old to set your sights on a career to be a EMT..If that is what you want to do,then with some persistence,determination and doing your best will be rewarded . I have had a few people in my everyday life who give me negativity and tell me I can't do this or that but you know what?,I am doing what they said I coudn;t do! MY advice is ,GO for it! :cool:

lk70 said:
OH HELL NO! Edward, no way you're too old. Of course you can do it. In the brief time you've been posting you've shown yourself to be a thoughtful and intelligent person. I'm quite sure you can succeed as an EMT.

And I don't know if this is helpful information or harmful, but would you believe David Lee Roth is now an EMT? And he's a heck of a lot older than 34.

Golly, Edward, 34 is NOT old- you're just getting started on the good part!

Thanks guys. David Lee Roth left Van Halen right before I entered high school so im of the Sammy Hagar era Van Halen (I feel a debate coming! ;) ) but I love all Van Halen and I forgot that Diamond Dave was training to be an EMT. The main thing I think is that I try and if I cant do it then I cant but im soooooo tired of being mad at other peoples good fortune. I want to be a part of society in some way...the punk rock/rebel life style looks like fun but you usually end up eating out of garbage bins, doing heroin and watching bands with no talent at night (so ive heard!). :woot:

Last edited:
Change is always scary. At least for me it is. Relax. You've chosen a noble profession and one that's always in demand. Plus you ALWAYS have a story to tell. Go on, and welcome to your new life!
XOXO

steph said:
Change is always scary. At least for me it is. Relax. You've chosen a noble profession and one that's always in demand. Plus you ALWAYS have a story to tell. Go on, and welcome to your new life!
XOXO

You dont mean the one about me tickling my drummer ex-friend's moms feet down in the True Stories section do you? I think I should keep that one to myself tomorrow! :dogpile:

Or go suck on her toes, you big FIBBER! :p
(snickers and runs away...)
XOXO

Ethical Edward said:
You dont mean the one about me tickling my drummer ex-friend's moms feet down in the True Stories section do you? I think I should keep that one to myself tomorrow! :dogpile:

Who knows maybe volunteering ill find a girl who appreciates me rather than the one I have who treats me like gum on her shoe. I mean I dream of being with her best friend which of course would never happen. Actually there was an attractive young lady there saturday when I registered. But im focused on the job. Girls come later...I hope. :shock:

OMG. I've had 2 boyfriends who were EMTs. I had to chase the girls away with sticks! I mean they were like dogs sniffing around just because of the uniform! I'm sure you'll have NO problem!
XOXO

Ethical Edward said:
Who knows maybe volunteering ill find a girl who appreciates me rather than the one I have who treats me like gum on her shoe. I mean I dream of being with her best friend which of course would never happen. Actually there was an attractive young lady there saturday when I registered. But im focused on the job. Girls come later...I hope. :shock:

steph said:
OMG. I've had 2 boyfriends who were EMTs. I had to chase the girls away with sticks! I mean they were like dogs sniffing around just because of the uniform! I'm sure you'll have NO problem!
XOXO

Well...I can see there wasnt much of a dropoff for David Lee Roth in the ladies department from becoming an EMT from a worldwide rock icon!! This is better than I thought! Seriously though, I have to keep my personal life out of this project or im doomed for failure. I actually look forward to keeping my girlfriend out of my head for hours on end! And that story Steph was 100% true blue in the true stories section so NYAH! NYAH! :cool:

Go get 'em tiger~you'll be fine! :redheart:

Be back later!
XOXO

Ethical Edward said:
I love ya Steph! Wish me luck tomorrow evening please! :smilelove

And out come the naysayers. I wake up this morning very nervous but ready to start at 6pm and my girlfriend and mother are giving me shit. My mother saying "if your nervous you cant handle it so dont go" and my girlfriend just wanting me to be her slave to her and her kids as usual. I tell you the truth I feel like just packing my bags and transferring to the social services program in Pennsylvania. Theyd give me a house, food, money but id be all alone. Then again I really feel all alone right now. :dropatear

Ethical Edward said:
And out come the naysayers. I wake up this morning very nervous but ready to start at 6pm and my girlfriend and mother are giving me shit. My mother saying "if your nervous you cant handle it so dont go" and my girlfriend just wanting me to be her slave to her and her kids as usual. I tell you the truth I feel like just packing my bags and transferring to the social services program in Pennsylvania. Theyd give me a house, food, money but id be all alone. Then again I really feel all alone right now. :dropatear

All you can do about them for now is prove them wrong. Do it - prove them wrong.

lk is such a classy gal :wub:~I'm gonna be my typical obnoxious Italian self and quote a famous Goddess bellystrokes (morning doll!) Stephism:

F'em babe. This is YOUR adventure, not theirs, ok? Life is way too short. Screw them if they don't get it.
XOXO

lk70 said:
All you can do about them for now is prove them wrong. Do it - prove them wrong.

steph said:
lk is such a classy gal :wub:~I'm gonna be my typical obnoxious Italian self and quote a famous Goddess bellystrokes (morning doll!) Stephism:

F'em babe. This is YOUR adventure, not theirs, ok? Life is way too short. Screw them if they don't get it.
XOXO

That works too!

well, you know me. I don't sleep at night if I can't put my own spin on it. :jester: I just hope he hears us both, no matter who he pays mind to!
XOXO

lk70 said:
That works too!

Well I guess its like when a pitcher gives up a homer in a big game or something. You just have to shake it off and concentrate on the next batter...easy to say but hard to do. The good thing about tonight is im only volunteering and I think ill be free to say "im nervous" and theyll bring me along slowly if I hit a hard part. Beginnings are tough yes? :ermm:

steph said:
Yes. Luckily you have us to help push you thru it. :jester:
XOXO

Indeed. And it should get easier every day.

You'll be fine hon, I promise. After today, it'll be a piece of cake!
XOXO

Ethical Edward said:
Thanks guys I really appreciate it as 6:00 nears and im a nervous wreck!!! :eek:

What's New

5/4/2024
The Final vote for the 2023 Golden Feather Awards is open! Visit the GFA fouem and cast your ballot!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** LadyInternet ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back