• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Quintessentially British!

BigJim

Level of Cherry Feather
The Celebration Of All Things Quintessentially British

As the author of the thread (admittedly some years ago now) giving Americans a chance to hoot about what they loved about their country, I think it only suitable that we now have one about the UK.

C'mon chaps, what's not to love? We pronounce vowels properly, we invented everything you ever buggered up (democracy, mail, weapons of mass destruction, the language, global imperialism etc). There must be a billion things (an English billion, naturally) that you think about when you say “English”, or “British”. So what are they?
Is it that we say arse instead of ass (an animal a bit like a donkey to us), not sidewalk but pavement, we call a pussy a fanny and a fanny an arse? Is it that some members of our royal family achieve heights of immense public imbecility George W. Bush can only dream of? Is it that we can sound like Sean Astin playing Sam Gamgee in Lord of the Rings (although to be honest, he sounded more Irish than Westcountry to me), but come across on paper as sounding like Hugh Grant or Colin Firth?
Is it that we call our private school public schools, or that we invented BDSM because of them?
“Perkins, meet me after Latin for six of the best!”
“Rather, couldn't make it twelve, could you?”

Is there something y'all just happen to like our green and Sceptred isle, or is there just something you think is rather notable and quirky, even if it irritates the nipples off you? Then share it for fuck's sake, d'you expect me to do all the writing?

I'll start, even though it's somewhat pointless, because I already am English...

I think it's great we actually ran the world better than you, when we did it. :dogpile: It's also quite ironic that when said state of affairs dissolved, it was mostly due to interference from American liberals that the Soviets were able to take over three quarters of Africa.

Okay chaps and chapesses, over to you. Please be aware that I will hasten to correct any stereotypical views like bad teeth and warm beer (teeth have been just fine since the marketing of proper dental care in the 70's and beer hasn't been warm since the 60's, following the invention of the draught pump).

I've never been to Britain, but I've been listening to a quintessentially British band a lot lately... Depeche Mode.

From the 60s to the 90s, Brits made so much good music... :D

Ah yes, British music....... nope, don't know a thing about it.

#1 Three of the best years of my life were spent in Britain when I was stationed at RAF Lakenheath

#2 The Who Best British rock band in my opinion

#3 The Centurion battle tank One of the best cold war tanks ever built

#4 The Alvis Stalwart six wheel drive amphibious truck,or lorry if you prefer

It is typically British to put extra U's in words. :D Example: honour

PS: Good to see you posting here, Big Jim. :D

Some great British actors

James Mason

Richard Burton

Terrence Stamp :p

Dangermouse was a great British cartoon:bouncybou

It is typically British to put extra U's in words. :D Example: honour

And armour.

More accurate to say it is typically American to remove them, being that we invented them before you removed the U's. :p British English is more Francophilic than its septic equivalent, yassee.

PS: Good to see you posting here, Big Jim. :D

Thanks mate. :)

Monty Python, of course.

British horror/dark fantasy (Clive Barker, Neil Gaiman, eg) writers tend to be some of my favorites in the genre.

And of course, Brits are probably the only people who dislike the French more than Americans do.

How could I forget Christoper Lee and his version of Dracula?:facepalm::facepalm:

The best I think

And of course, Brits are probably the only people who dislike the French more than Americans do.

We've nowt against the French, lad.

Also Britain is a shithole island with a superiority complex where it takes an age to get anything done because of the national obsession with bureaucracy, where jobsworthery is an art-form, posh people rule the roost, teenage pregnancy is rampant and you can't get a packet of ciggies after ten at night because all the 24-hour garages have gone 12-hours because the economy is fucked.

We do make a nice pastry, though.

We've nowt against the French, lad.

Apart from when they sold Exocets to the Argentinians? How dare they try and supplant us at at selling arms to bad guys!

Honesetly, did all those men who died on the fields of Waterloo and Agincourt do so in vain? Was the man who burned Joan of Arc simply wasting good matches?

Also Britain is a shithole island with a superiority complex

You have to do something to bolster your self-esteem when you stop running the world.

where it takes an age to get anything done because of the national obsession with bureaucracy,

*sticks pins in dolls of Tony Blergh and Gordon Brown*

where jobsworthery is an art-form,

*sticks more pins in dolls of every member of the cabinet*

posh people rule the roost,

You think that's endemic to England? You think it's a coincidence that more than three quarters of American Presidents have been directly related by blood to our own royal family?

teenage pregnancy is rampant

Yeah but, no but, yeah but, no but, yeah but, no but, I did get pregnant, but it wasn't my fault cos I like had a piss right afterward and Shannon McRory said that if you did that then stood on your head it wouldn't happen, but she was sooooooo well out of order and is gonna get well beaten cos she accused me of giving Luke Tanner a handjob in the gents and that is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO like a bloody lie 'cos like I would never ever do that ever I would have more class... It was actually a blowie.

Don't go givin' me evils!

and you can't get a packet of ciggies after ten at night because all the 24-hour garages have gone 12-hours because the economy is fucked.

Kind of a worldwide thing old boy.

We do make a nice pastry, though.

Especially in Cornwall with our pasties. I got a mate called Denzil Pernberthy, I have!

Apart from when they sold Exocets to the Argentinians? How dare they try and supplant us at at selling arms to bad guys!

We killed them all so it's alright.

Honesetly, did all those men who died on the fields of Waterloo and Agincourt do so in vain? Was the man who burned Joan of Arc simply wasting good matches?

If the most creative punishment you can come up with for a 19 year-old blonde French virgin is "set her on fire" then you are truly history's greatest idiot.

You have to do something to bolster your self-esteem when you stop running the world.

We have the Olympics in 2012, what more do we need?...

*sticks pins in dolls of Tony Blergh and Gordon Brown*

I will feel the hand of history on my shoulder in three hours' time because it's currently waiting in the passport office queue.

*sticks more pins in dolls of every member of the cabinet*

Wait don't do that I'm going round to Jackie Smith's later to watch East-Benders and Silent Witness Takes it Up The Arse with her husband later.

You think that's endemic to England? You think it's a coincidence that more than three quarters of American Presidents have been directly related by blood to our own royal family?

Arm the poor, that's all I'm saying.

Yeah but, no but, yeah but, no but, yeah but, no but, I did get pregnant, but it wasn't my fault cos I like had a piss right afterward and Shannon McRory said that if you did that then stood on your head it wouldn't happen, but she was sooooooo well out of order and is gonna get well beaten cos she accused me of giving Luke Tanner a handjob in the gents and that is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO like a bloody lie 'cos like I would never ever do that ever I would have more class... It was actually a blowie.

Don't go givin' me evils!

I think I shagged this girl at my mate's wedding.

Especially in Cornwall with our pasties. I got a mate called Denzil Pernberthy, I have!

All rise for the Cornish national anthem (to the tune of Kum Bye Ah):
Combine harvester,
Tractor sheep,
Combine harvester,
Tractor sheep,
Combine harvester,
Tractor sheep,
Barn door, tractor sheep...

I must correct you sir.

As the English, Scottish and Welsh compete separately we actually have 3 shite national football teams.

Four actually, if you include Northern Ireland, which is currently British as part of the UK.

Quintessentially british?
Great domestic football league, shite national team.

Where yours are world beaters of course. :D I gotta hand it to you though, one of your commentators is the most famous in all of broadcast history for getting just the tiniest bit excited when you beat us in the 70's.

Mind you, half the people he was bellowing to in his excitement were dead at the time.

Best thing lately about Britain or from Britain? JKR. Hands down.

We killed them all so it's alright.

All the French, all the Argentinians or all the Exocets?

If the most creative punishment you can come up with for a 19 year-old blonde French virgin is "set her on fire" then you are truly history's greatest idiot.

Do you think it's possible to hump a French girl to death, then?

We have the Olympics in 2012, what more do we need?...

Well, a few golds would be nice. Either that or the Americans asking QE II to be their head of state.

I will feel the hand of history on my shoulder in three hours' time because it's currently waiting in the passport office queue.

Hornswoop me bungo pony.

Wait don't do that I'm going round to Jackie Smith's later to watch East-Benders and Silent Witness Takes it Up The Arse with her husband later.

Nope, didn't catch any of that.

Arm the poor, that's all I'm saying.

Most of us, these days.

I think I shagged this girl at my mate's wedding.

Oooooooooohhhh my God, I sooooooooo cannot believe you said that Mister Scruff.

All rise for the Cornish national anthem (to the tune of Kum Bye Ah):
Combine harvester,
Tractor sheep,
Combine harvester,
Tractor sheep,
Combine harvester,
Tractor sheep,
Barn door, tractor sheep...

What do you call a Cornish spiritual leader? The Dalai Farmer.

What's New

5/12/2024
There will be Trivia in our Chat Room this Sunday evening at 11PM EDT. Join us!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back