• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Quiting Smoking

Strider

2nd Level Blue Feather
So, haven't had a cigarette in about a week. All well and good.

Now, my question, dedicated to all those who've trod this path before me....

HOW LONG DO THE DAMN CRAVINGS LAST?!?! BECAUSE RIGHT NOW, I REALLY FUCKING WANT A CIGARETTE!!!

That concludes this outburst. Thank you.

the worst is over in a few weeks.

The trick that got me through it was that I read an article that said a typical nicotine craving lasts for 5-7 minutes. So whenever I really wanted a cigarette and was about to crack, I would tell myself to wait ten minutes, just ten minute, and then see how I felt, and inevitably by the end of the ten minutes I would be back under control.

I think it's different for everyone. I once quit for 7 months, cold turkey. And even after that, I still wanted one. Finally, a stressful night at work had me threatening to maim someone if I didn't get a cigarette. Needless to say, I got one and never bothered trying to quit since.

But as I said, everyone is different so maybe Jeff's or someone else's method (or your own, even) may work for you. Good luck.

that is ousome to hear dude best thing u can do for ya self my sweetheart quit months ago and i am so happy for that and very proud of her she is a very strong woman as for the cravings i know nothing about that i am not a smoker and have never been one so cannot help ya there ddue but that is goood u have done this for ya self after a little while u will start feeling better and breathing better and ya lungs will start to heal there selves in time good for u

Good luck Strider,don't give in to temptation. :matrix:

its hard but worh it, as for the cravings.. defiantly depends, my mum quite when I was a baby as I had asthma, anout 10 year later she was in a pub and there was smoking going on and she suddenly felt the erge, shes gave up again shrtly after the smoking ban.

But then again my step dad smoked right up until my mum quit for the second time and he stopped getting the cravings after about 2 weeks.

Good luck man!!

The physical cravings last much less time than the psychological ones. Once your system is clear of nicotine and finished with the withdrawal...which only lasts a couple of weeks...you're down to the psychological part. Since smoking is often habitual, it's only natural to crave it, even when the body no longer "needs" it.

As with Jeff, I waited when I felt the craving. For me, it was half an hour. Some of those half hours were long if I was also stressed. I found that things like chewing gum or sucking on a fireball helped to distract me from the craving.

Hang in there. You can do it!

Jeff's waiting for ten minutes is a good tactic, however I found I needed to do something with the ten minutes to last it out so I'd eat an apple or two whenever I got a craving, or drink some water. For the first fortnight I would down a half-litre bottle in one go the cravings were that bad, but the edge comes off after a little while and they're not so bad. As a result of this I am now addicted to Washington Reds, which I suppose is better than ciggies but is still annoying >_<

So, haven't had a cigarette in about a week. All well and good.

Now, my question, dedicated to all those who've trod this path before me....

HOW LONG DO THE DAMN CRAVINGS LAST?!?! BECAUSE RIGHT NOW, I REALLY FUCKING WANT A CIGARETTE!!!

That concludes this outburst. Thank you.
I have not had a cigarette since September of 2002. Unfortunately, the psychological cravings are still there. My entire family, with the exception of my grandmother and an uncle smoke, so hanging around them either make me want to wear a particle mask or light-up.

My advice to you is to of course, stay strong, but also remind yourself of: the medical dangers, i.e. lung cancer, pancreatic cancer, throat cancer, heart disease et al.; the stained teeth; the smelly wardrobe; the decreased lung capacity; the feeling of being an outsider to a healthy community; that damn pointer and middle finger smell after having a smoke; yellow skin; pre-mature aging; fatigue; depression; and last, but not least, the feeling of addiction.

Good luck, my friend. Send me a PM anytime that you are craving a cigarette and I will surely talk you out of it.

Buy lots of those cool icebreakers mints. with those, and a bit of help and support, you should be over the worst of it in no time. The "wait ten minutes" trick works wonders too. Also i take into consideration that now that i've quit smoking i have more moneez 4 cheezburgrs!!!... uhm, yeah, that's actually why i think alot of smokers gain weight after they quit, all that extra change that used to be scrounged up for a cheap pack to last you until your next check now accumulates and you decide to do other stuff like catch a quick burger instead of going all the way back home to eat.
As for me, i found quitting disturbingly easy after i found a way to satisfy the oral fixation (that sounds much dirtier than i meant it to.)
I also have used an aversion therapy of sorts. For a little while, when the cravings were bad, i would hang around smokers. I knew that if i could stand not smoking with others, i can stand not smoking alone much easier.

THe End

I dropped it cold turkey after about 4 years. The want was gone after about a month. Since they I never wanted one, but more missed the physical motions of it. Weird, but just hang in there bro. It's worth it.

Good luck, babe.

I quit cold-turkey for awhile when I was pregnant and what not and had no issues. Although, I've had issues quitting since then.

Chewing on those coffee stir straws help sometimes too.

Inspired by this thread, I've given up smoking. I put my last cigarette out today.

Okay now a lot of people know this but I was a heavy smoker when I was 16 years old, and then my mom found out. So she said I had to quit. So this is what I did. It worked for me, I'm not sure if it will work for anyone else. I went to Sam's Club and bought jolly ranchers and bubble gum in bolk. And whenever I had a craving I either chewed gum or sucked on a jolly rancher. I did this for about 5 months. So after that, whenever I had a craving the only thing I thought was "NO MORE JOLLY RANCHERS NOOOOOOOOO!" so it made me not want a jolly rancher.

Thank you all. Still haven't had one since I started this thread. Maybe we should get a support group going or something. Anytime someone gets a craving, they get zapped with a cattle prod...

Thank you all. Still haven't had one since I started this thread. Maybe we should get a support group going or something. Anytime someone gets a craving, they get zapped with a cattle prod...

how about flogged instead? :dom:

You'd be willing to get zapped? :firedevil

IMO, so long as you like to smoke, the cravings never go away,ever. However, the best method i can suggest, is to simply not have them around you, and be around friends who smoke,as they will probably be willing to bum you a ciggarrette if you want one.

IMO, so long as you like to smoke, the cravings never go away,ever. However, the best method i can suggest, is to simply not have them around you, and be around friends who smoke,as they will probably be willing to bum you a ciggarrette if you want one.

I agree with your opinion; I have not had a cigarette for about 6 and a half years and still to this day get cravings once and a while.

my doc said the cravings will come and go for ever... I used lollipops and nicotene gum to kick the habit it's been four years.. whenever i want a cig now.. i get a bag of lollipopsssssssssss

What's New

5/11/2024
The TMF Art and Story Archives collect some of our communities best creators work in one place!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back