• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Ranking "24"s seasons from worst to best

Tenebrae

Verified
An article that was a delightful throwback to my favorite show of the early 2000's:

https://www.denofgeek.com/tv/24/33992/24-ranking-the-seasons-in-order-of-quality

I stopped liking it at season 4; that's where they really jumped the shark for me. That's when the plots started to get increasingly dumber, and they abandoned the cold professionalism and clever spy double-crossing in favor of more and more action, to the point of absurdity.

An even bigger sin for me was to turn away from the "family is everything" moral to go towards the surprisingly (for a US show) quasi-Communist value of "the State is everything". I really liked how in the first three seasons, Jack and the other characters (even the baddies, to a certain extent) were struggling with varying degrees of success to find a balance between their personal lives and the people they truly cared about versus the greater cause they were supposed to defend. The constant stream of unlikable characters they brought in to replace the awesome people they had in the earlier seasons was the last nail in a coffin that's probably never gonna be open again.

It's still a great show, a stellar one even if you just watch its first three seasons.

I'd like you guys opinion as well! What's your favorite memories of 24? What did you like/hate about this show?

The first three seasons were good; I thought season 3, the one with the virus, was the best.

The first three seasons were good; I thought season 3, the one with the virus, was the best.

Yep, that's the one! Also the last one where Jack was behaving like a normal flawed human being, versus the unstoppable, remorseless and quasi-robotic killing machine he was destined to become. In this particularly intimate season, I liked how they portrayed him as conflicted in his personal loyalties, and how his death wish remains a constant question as the plot moves forward. This is a man who thinks his mission in life is to die for the greater good, punishing himself for his own sins in the process... yet whose realization at the very end that he is merely a human like every other is all the more touching. When he sat in that car at the very end, crying under the weight of all the abuse he endured (a significant part of it self-inflicted), it felt to me like I was no longer watching a work of fiction but rather a documentary with nietzschean overtones.

Little did I know that this powerful ending would lead to the massive letdowns that were gonna be the ensuing seasons :p

Wow, I incorrectly read the title big time.
I though it said 24 sessions ranked from worst to 1st.
I was excited to see who you had sessions with and where you ranked them.
Not your fault, but I was disappointed to see you ranking a TV show.
Oh well...

Wow, I incorrectly read the title big time.
I though it said 24 sessions ranked from worst to 1st.
I was excited to see who you had sessions with and where you ranked them.
Not your fault, but I was disappointed to see you ranking a TV show.
Oh well...

Hahaha! Oh I am so sorry to have disappointed you :blush:

I may point out that should I have created such a thread, I would have put it in the Tickling section; NOT the General one. Be that as it may, I present you my apologies :sorry:

Feel free to chime in if you like the show though :D

I love 24, the only season that was a bit of a drag was 6 but it started off great and ended great. Jack's rampage towards the end of season 8 was epic.

What's New

5/12/2024
There will be Trivia in our Chat Room this Sunday evening at 11PM EDT. Join us!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back