• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Rant -What's with all the non-tickle stuff???

Dynamo Joe

TMF Master
If the person in question is in "the pose" AND being tickled, I can understand it. Just throwing a bunch of foot fetish pics on the site IMO seems like a waste. I admit, I am an upperbody tickler, but I would have the same heartburn over seeing pics of bare bellies, ribs and/or underarms on here. Just my opinion here, but it's called TMF for a reason. Thanks for letting me rant.

A.

haha, but why make a thread about about all the non tickle stuff in the mainstream clips secton thereby adding to the number of threads about non tickling? and why am i responding to your rant, bumping it to the top of the list? I guess their are some things we'll just never know.

Dynamo Joe, I couldn't agree with you more. I love both upperbody and lower body equally......and I DO go to the Mousepad, and to the Non-Tickling Images section and can appreciate soles-related stuff (or tummy related stuff for that matter!). But it's SUCH a pet peeve to see the stuff here, it just clutters up the section in my opinion. Plus nine times out of ten it's something that originates on the Mousepad, or something they found on You Tube that originated on the Mousepad!

What can you do, I put a request in the Requests section for a Non-Tickling video section to be made for this purpose. Maybe one day!

At least people are LABELLING it in the subject line....that's an improvement!

nontkl said:
What can you do, I put a request in the Requests section for a Non-Tickling video section to be made for this purpose. Maybe one day!

I couldn't agree any more with this suggestion. I love feet as much as the next guy, but this is a tickling site.

Regards,

TK

Have to agree with you, Its nothing to do with tickling, therfore why is it posted. I admit i like feet stuff but i don't come to the mainstream forum to look at that I go to the HITW gang site...

This forum is to do with Mainstream TICKLING seems people are not realising that.

or you could just ignore the non-tickling posts, unless there is someone holding a gun to your heads making you click on every single post on this website. who knows, maybe there is someone out there forcing people to open post after post... wouldn't that be horrible.

honestley if u want to cry about it jus dont look at wow

eatthecatpoop said:
or you could just ignore the non-tickling posts, unless there is someone holding a gun to your heads making you click on every single post on this website. who knows, maybe there is someone out there forcing people to open post after post... wouldn't that be horrible.

Really? I SO didn't know people could do that! Wow, that changes everything!

Really though, so by your logic, I can go through and post all the nudie picks I want here then. So I guess I might just do that then, since it'd be perfectly fine to post all that here.

Oh please, give me a break, no one is "crying" about it. It's just annoying....and if you've been around here long enough - which obviously you haven't - then you'd know that all this non-tickling material is a relatively new thing.

I know the girls I know who I talk to here are mostly turned off by what they see as creepy foot fetishism, which then makes ME feel creepy, and embarrassed. (I know there are some footcentric girls here, don't get me wrong). I know there's an overlap of foot fetishism and tickle-ism, including for me, but when you go in every day and it's more non-tickle related stuff than tickle-related stuff, it gets on your nerves. SInce it IS a tickle forum, perhaps these freaking people can just post their shit where it belongs: on a FOOT FETISHISM BOARD.

Anyway, people who only have, like, 5 posts should really only contribute positive things at this point, you know what I mean?

Seeing as this is a "mainstream clips" section....then this is where all mainstream clips should be posted tickle related or not.....

They should be labeled as M/M are labeled so those that do not wish to view them do not have to, but to say someone cant post them at all is silly...

As for Nudie pics, they would be posted in the non tickling images section and not in a clips section and yes you can post all you want if they are properly labeled.....

As someone who has been around since the beginning, I find no problem with any content that someone wishes to share as long as it is marked correctly so others can ignore it if they wish......

Note: 15 out of the first 100 posts here (15 %) on the first 4 pages are non tickle related and ALL of them are properly labeled as such.....

Doesnt appear to be a major problem for those that do not wish to look at them....It is only a problem for those that do not want such material posted at all.....If that be the case, there is a lot of material that I myself would want pulled from the forum entirely....shall I begin my list, or shall we let things stand as they are with tolerance for ALL community members as it should be.... :triangle:

Last edited:
I'm still thinking about this issue, but I'm listening to what everyone has to say.

And for the record, that means everyone who is a member of the TMF, even if they only have made a few posts.

Well since I can have an opinion :p

The ONLY problem I have with the non-tk posts is that there is always the possibility they will knock new-tk posts off the first page and they get lost forever if you miss them for a day or so.

It has not happened yet, but I've had weeks where I was not here every day and almost missed stuff.

Really not a big complaint, just my 2 cents.

~ toyou

MTP Jeff said:
I'm still thinking about this issue, but I'm listening to what everyone has to say.

And for the record, that means everyone who is a member of the TMF, even if they only have made a few posts.

thanks Jeff....

I really appreciate you looking into the issue...I am sure you will come up with an appropriate solution....

just for the record, I only recently became aware that non tickling related content could be posted here.....I had just assumed that only tickling related content was allowed here, as is the policy in some of the other TMF sections....I really don't venture here much anymore because of the amount of non tickling related content here, and I just thought that people were disregarding the "tickling content only" policy, so I just chose not to visit this section much anymore.......I mean, I have a foot fetish, but I can go to any one of hundreds of foot fetish sites on the web to see non tickled feet......this is one of the very few TICKLING related forums on the web, and I hate to see it cluttered with non tickling content of all types that one can find elsewhere.....

thanks again, Jeff.....

Let me tell you guys where my head is, and maybe that will help steer the conversation...

Video clips are the only media sections that don't have a non-tickling subforum. The reason for that is bandwidth. We do between one and two terabytes every month as it is, and I'm a little afraid of what might happen if I uncork the bottle by saying, "Hey, here's a place where anyone with a whim can post any non-tickling video clip that comes across their radar."

So I've been trying to see what would happen if we just let it slide. Frankly, so far, it doesn't strike me as a big deal.

That being said, if it comes down to it, right now what I would probably do is just make the rule be no non-tickling video content allowed.

I really would hate to do that, and the people who are saying "If you don't like it, don't look," are making a lot of sense.

But I have the same concern as toyou, that the non-tickling stuff is going to push the tickling stuff off the front page. That would be, to me, a significant problem as far as the mission of the forum goes.

toyou444 said:
Well since I can have an opinion :p

The ONLY problem I have with the non-tk posts is that there is always the possibility they will knock new-tk posts off the first page and they get lost forever if you miss them for a day or so.

It has not happened yet, but I've had weeks where I was not here every day and almost missed stuff.

Really not a big complaint, just my 2 cents.

~ toyou

See, that's my biggest problem as well. I can go to any hundreds of sites to see non-tk content, so it just strikes me that in this place that is meant for what the rest of the site is, I see alot of non-tk content. Lately I've been seeing more and more of it. But if you're deciding to just let any clips posted here, then that's ok I spose, though I still don't really see the need to post it all here.

P.S. The nudie thing was a joke meant to for an example, so yeah. :p

My 2c as well

I don't have a dog in this fight, so it's not a big deal to me. I'm a huge pro-freedom of expression guy, so of course my first gut reaction is don't censor don't censor. That's where I stand on principle BUT there is a difference between censoring and just staying on topic. What I had always wondered was about bandwidth, I mean hopefully if it ever came down to it, and things had to be cut, I would certainly hope the non-tickling stuff of all kinds would be the first to go... to me that just makes sense, limited resources you keep what the forum was made for. I mean I love this place, it is the best thing in the tickling community in my opinion probably EVER. But I also remember other sites that I thought would be around forever, that either crashed and burned or went to being pay sites. Now Im not predicting either one of those things here, but put simply bandwidth is not infinite, it might seem like a few cups of water in the ocean now, but sooner or latter choices may have to be made... only then would I strongly oppose non-tickling stuff being posted. For my personal taste I hate seeing "Terri Hatcher...." only to click on the mainstream page and see "Terri Hatcher feet (non-tk)" but that's a small complaint. I don't care if there's non-tk stuff here, I usually don't look at it but sometimes I'll glance at the pictures, I just think that tickling stuff should ALWAYS be priority #1, so far I think it is, but we must always be aware that the future has a way of sneaking up on us and its always better to be prepared than surprised. I mean as long as its tickling and a few feet its probably ok, but when people start posting whole tv shows broken up into pieces cause "hey there just mainstream clips' or if we start posting all kinds of BDSM clips in the video clip sections, there's always the fear things will get out of hand. I'm just curious how the people who like the foot clips would react to these kinds of clips, or for shock value (not my thing) scat clips, if they were properly lmarked, but there were dozens of them, cause if ANY clips are allowed, then ANY should be allowed, since its not the foot AND tickling forum. I just don't know. So I know I didn't really give a solid vote or anything just a bunch of opinion. Just saying this is now, and I think should remain, a tickling forum first and foremost. So, there's my rant on a subject Im not too passionate about, just cause I guess I like ranting and making Jeff think about stuff :)

(puts his soap-box away... I'm glad I found a collapsible soap-box)

MTP Jeff said:
Let me tell you guys where my head is, and maybe that will help steer the conversation...

Video clips are the only media sections that don't have a non-tickling subforum. The reason for that is bandwidth. We do between one and two terabytes every month as it is, and I'm a little afraid of what might happen if I uncork the bottle by saying, "Hey, here's a place where anyone with a whim can post any non-tickling video clip that comes across their radar."

So I've been trying to see what would happen if we just let it slide. Frankly, so far, it doesn't strike me as a big deal.

That being said, if it comes down to it, right now what I would probably do is just make the rule be no non-tickling video content allowed.

I really would hate to do that, and the people who are saying "If you don't like it, don't look," are making a lot of sense.

But I have the same concern as toyou, that the non-tickling stuff is going to push the tickling stuff off the front page. That would be, to me, a significant problem as far as the mission of the forum goes.

I appreciate this discussion Jeff, this issue does come up on occasion in the tickling discussion section....

I guess my question, respectfully of course, is anyone with a whim CAN post any non tickling clip that comes across their radar under the current policy, correct? I love to see non tickled feet (just not on the TMF) but should feet, or underarm hair, or burp and lactating fetish clips be allowed here? IS all of that non tickle content currently allowed here if someone were so inclined to post them here? It's not fair for me to be a proponent of my preferred foot fetish clips posted in this section, yet balk at someone else's amputee fetish clips being disallowed....it may not be a problem now, but we can see where it can lead...I just don't want to see a "youtube" type situation on our tickling forum.....the TMF is the best forum of it's kind, and I hate to see it get "watered down" by content we can find elsewhere on the web.....

MTP Jeff said:

Aha! Yes, I do understand the bandwidth problem! I say that IS a significant issue.....and so......better just let it slide! I find it an trifling annoyance, not an egregious infraction!!!! But I will say, Jeff, as usual, thanks for understanding! And thanks to Toyou for bringing up the REAL problem, which is pushing stuff back!

But yeah, with the bandwidth thing, it definitely doesn't make sense to make a whole 'nuther forum that's going to eat up precious bandwidth....because it WILL become populated if it's created! I'll just keep ignoring it as I'm doing, as I said, 99% of the time it's just stuff ripped off from The Mousepad and the HITW anyway.

Cave In said:
Have to agree with you, Its nothing to do with tickling, therfore why is it posted. I admit i like feet stuff but i don't come to the mainstream forum to look at that I go to the HITW gang site...

This forum is to do with Mainstream TICKLING seems people are not realising that.

iam with you

Well, since I started this thread...

... let me clear up one misconception. I have been a member of the tickling community since ABMET, Alt.Multimedia.tk, and the other newsgroups we frequented before TMF came around. You young`uns don't know about Terri ******* and the problems he/she caused. Don't worry, I'm not calling the non-tickle stuff SPAM, I'm just trying to establish my bona fides to the people who were there back then. Just because I have a new screen name, doesn't mean I'm not one of the old timers.

Now. I notice that the people who have been around for a while see what my basic point was, even though I was ranting. The other people who just had negative one-liners are all... less seasoned. All I was trying to get across was the idea that people who don't visit every day shouldn't HAVE to wade through pages and pages of non-tickling related material in order to find the on-topic stuff.

The non-tickling offerings are at least an attempt at making available quality content to our community. I said nothing about censorship. In my opinion, a place should be made for those materials, that's all. If you read my original post, you will see I was asking a question. I received my answer. To those that understood my question, thank you. To the others... have an interesting life.

A.

If you do make a non-tickling clips section, you could do it in a way where the clips either have to be hosted off the site or can only be a certain size.

MTP Jeff said:

When non-tickling related clips get posted here, the same arguments in defense of it seem to come up. The four that I have noticed most often are along these lines:

1. This clip is of something in the mainstream world, so therefore it's OK to post here since this is the Mainstream Clips section. That's what 'mainstream' means.

2. As long as the clip is labeled as non-tickling, it should be OK to post since people can easily move past it.

3. Some people here liked it, so it should be OK.

4. We should tolerate other people's preferences that are different from our own.

I basically disagree with all of these arguments and here is why point-by-point.

1. The history of the Mainstream Clips section as well as its description "Post your video clips of mainstream tickles here!" indicate that the Mainstream Clips section is for tickling-related clips.

2. Even if all of the off-topic posts are marked as such, and they haven't been, people go to specific sections of this site looking for specific types of postings. There are 25-30 different sections within the entire Tickling Media Forum site. Why not just have one giant forum for all posts if each person is expected to just skip the postings not of interest to them? While there were only a few non-tickling clips posted to this forum this week, a year ago there were virtually none. The frequency with which non-tickling clips have been posted has increased quite a bit lately and I think if allowed to happen, this trend will continue.

3. For just about any clip you can find at least one person that likes it. By that logic, it should be OK to post just about anything. There are probably people here that like cars, so how about car-related clips? I know there are people here who like music (as demonstrated by a recent post), so why not have everyone post clips of their favorite music. Or bastinado clips? Those always draw a lot of responses (few positive as I recall).

4. I don't see this as a tolerance issue; instead, I think that some people come to this section for its advertised purpose (see my first point) and expect to find clips that match that purpose. This isn't like the times when someone complains about a legitimate tickling clip just because it doesn't match his preferences. For example, someone who prefers upperbody tickling may complain about a clip that focuses on tickling the feet. I think that is a legitimate case of a lack of tolerance.

I once got chewed out for posting a split file at TickleTheater (the other tickling forum) in the section for complete clips. At the time, I didn't realize that a separate section existed for clips that had been split. Now if I post split clips, I do so in the section devoted to such to respect the rules and the other people who visit the forum.

I think that one reason that the tickling forums have succeeded while the newsgroups devoted to tickling have died off is that the rules of the forum have been largely adhered to. When someone has posted something off-topic or inappropriate, which typically has meant posting something tickling-related to the wrong section of the forum, the moderators have stepped in to correct the problem. I don't blame the moderators; it would be a full-time job to try to catch every inappropriate or off-topic clip and I doubt any of the moderators are being compensated for their efforts. In fact, we wouldn't really need moderators if everyone adhered to the rules. And that's one of my points; if we start having a free-for-all, I'm not sure how the forums will be any better than the newsgroups.

nimrod

If bandwidth is an issue then I would have to go along with banning non-tickling related clips....

I would also suggest that people who post clips be required to do a search or use the index that Ann has set up so that we do not have the same tickling clip posted over and over again which is an even larger waste of bandwidth....

I already leave non-TK stuff off the master list. (Those on there were either added earlier on or I missed that it was non-tk.) While we can all appreciate the fact that lines of interest often cross over, I don't think that it should be allowed to force out the TK material. It hasn't done that yet. But, left unchecked, I can see it happening down the road.

I'd personally like to see a section for non-TK posts, but not allow uploads in that section. (Is that doable, Jeff?) This would allow us to seperate things out of the main clips section while not limitting those who enjoy it from posting it. There are plenty of free hosts where it can be stored and simply put a link in a post. That would eliminate the issues of bandwidth, pushing TK threads off the lead page and keeping them from distracting those who want only TK material.

just my two cents

Door 44 Productions
What's New

5/9/2024
If you need to report a post, the report button is to its lower left.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back