• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Rebuilding Plan for Carolina Panthers

MrMacphisto

Level of Lime Feather
Ok, I'm not sure how many Panthers fans we have here, but I figured I'd throw this idea out there...

Given the disastrous season we just had, a lot of changes need to be made. So...

1. Give the Eagles our first round pick for Kevin Kolb. We need a solid quarterback really badly, and while the first pick overall might be a high price for him, I think Kolb has a lot of long term potential as a starter. He seems like a far better option than Matt Moore or Jimmy Clausen.

2. Trade Steve Smith and a 3rd round pick this year to the Titans for Randy Moss. The Titans barely used Moss, but I know we'd maximize his use as a number one starter. In the meantime, Smith would probably do better in Tennessee at this point.

3. Buy Plaxico Burress as a free agent. He might have gotten rusty from being in prison, but I think he's still got plenty of good years left.

Any thoughts?

Ok, I'm not sure how many Panthers fans we have here, but I figured I'd throw this idea out there...

Given the disastrous season we just had, a lot of changes need to be made. So...

1. Give the Eagles our first round pick for Kevin Kolb. We need a solid quarterback really badly, and while the first pick overall might be a high price for him, I think Kolb has a lot of long term potential as a starter. He seems like a far better option than Matt Moore or Jimmy Clausen.

2. Trade Steve Smith and a 3rd round pick this year to the Titans for Randy Moss. The Titans barely used Moss, but I know we'd maximize his use as a number one starter. In the meantime, Smith would probably do better in Tennessee at this point.

3. Buy Plaxico Burress as a free agent. He might have gotten rusty from being in prison, but I think he's still got plenty of good years left.

Any thoughts?

Here are my thoughts to your ideas as posed by you:

1. Without a CBA in effect, there's no telling what impact the #1 overall pick will be in terms of monetary figures. That being said, there is no way in hell you trade the #1 overall pick just for Kevin Kolb. That package would have to be much more lucrative not to mention Kolb doesn't merit such consideration based on his performance so far. Can you even tell me what offensive scheme the Panthers are going to run under Ron Riviera and if so will that scheme be conducive to Kolb?

2. While I agree Steve Smith is likely on his way out of Carolina, regardless Randy Moss is not the answer for the Panthers. He hasn't shown any flashes since leaving New England and Tom Brady so any situation in Carolina will likely lead to similar results as shown in Tennessee. Not to mention even with the addition to Moss, how can he be effective since any defense would just double team him and thus take him out of the equation?

3. Just no. You're reading to much into the success of Mike Vick and putting that result as the standard and not the exception. Plax first of all was shot and who knows how that would effect him on the field not to even begin with the fact about the layoff and rust.

Carolina's rebuilding plan is gearing up for this draft and acquiring some young talent, then its about training camp to see where they are at with the players they have in the fold. This plan will be years in the making and patience is the key because there is no quick fix for the Carolina Panthers.

i am the biggest panthers fan probably on the forum. had season tickets since 95. here is the deal.....

1. no way in hell do u trade the number one overall pick for kevin kolb. i wouldnt even trade it for payton manning or tom brady. What i would do with it is get you a good defensive lineman. we have one of the best linebacking core out there. also get you a ball hawk at the CB level. Trade that first round pick for more picks in the 1st and second round. you could probably a 1st and second round pick plus a 4th for it. We have super steller running backs. Gettis and lafell look better then anyone we have drafted since smith. our offensive line is good. add depth and some supporting role players.

2. we can probably get a decent QB later in the first round or second round. no qb out of this draft is worth the first overall pick. with that being said smith stays.... he is the fire and heart of the team. yes otah and thomas davis and a few others were hurt all last year but how many of them could have probably gotten back on the field. they quit on fox his scheme wasnt working anymore. Jake Delhomme proved that he is the most underrated QB of the this past decade by being the only quarterback who could provide a winning record with john fox. you dont trade smith you keep him in an effort to give ur heartbeat and new shock. moss also has gone back to his old ways... he is just to much of a problem.

3. burress needs to go to team like new england or indy who cant afford to have him not work. and by not work i mean work his way into the team. Terrell owens would be in my opinion a better fit then plex. like i said before with the emergence of gettis and lafell i think we shall be fine at the WR position. i would like to see shocky though at the TE spot. we need another wesly walls type. someone that can make the physical catch over the middle. also we are a QB away from being a wild card contender. the nfc south is back to being one of the toughest divisions in football. i wouldnt mind seeing a hassleback or thygpen coming in and making a qb competition. we have the salary space so why not use it on some veterns we could get at a discount price.

i am the biggest panthers fan probably on the forum. had season tickets since 95. here is the deal.....

1. no way in hell do u trade the number one overall pick for kevin kolb. i wouldnt even trade it for payton manning or tom brady. What i would do with it is get you a good defensive lineman. we have one of the best linebacking core out there. also get you a ball hawk at the CB level. Trade that first round pick for more picks in the 1st and second round. you could probably a 1st and second round pick plus a 4th for it. We have super steller running backs. Gettis and lafell look better then anyone we have drafted since smith. our offensive line is good. add depth and some supporting role players.

2. we can probably get a decent QB later in the first round or second round. no qb out of this draft is worth the first overall pick. with that being said smith stays.... he is the fire and heart of the team. yes otah and thomas davis and a few others were hurt all last year but how many of them could have probably gotten back on the field. they quit on fox his scheme wasnt working anymore. Jake Delhomme proved that he is the most underrated QB of the this past decade by being the only quarterback who could provide a winning record with john fox. you dont trade smith you keep him in an effort to give ur heartbeat and new shock. moss also has gone back to his old ways... he is just to much of a problem.

3. burress needs to go to team like new england or indy who cant afford to have him not work. and by not work i mean work his way into the team. Terrell owens would be in my opinion a better fit then plex. like i said before with the emergence of gettis and lafell i think we shall be fine at the WR position. i would like to see shocky though at the TE spot. we need another wesly walls type. someone that can make the physical catch over the middle. also we are a QB away from being a wild card contender. the nfc south is back to being one of the toughest divisions in football. i wouldnt mind seeing a hassleback or thygpen coming in and making a qb competition. we have the salary space so why not use it on some veterns we could get at a discount price.

Hey now if he wants to give us a # 1 for Kobl then let him it's his plan and god I only wished he was running the show for Carolina, heck I like to see a 3rd for Kolb but heck we may not have football till Christmas.

thats true duece. i would most of the time give you a third round pick for kolb but i mean there is so many options out there. Pike for example looked alright before he got hurt.i think if we get hassleback we might mike the playoffs biggest thing is we have been missing developmental coaching at the qb spot. i mean last ten years ever qb we have gotten out of the draft has provided more ints then tds. and yeah christmas will be when we get football.... if they go to the replacement players u will see me out there

Eh, maybe I overrated Kolb, but I think he's pretty good nonetheless.

Here's another thought... Why not trade down with the first pick? Is there anyone really worth spending a ton on -- especially with a team so young and short on veteran talent?

I just wish Carolina would draft less and trade more. Being active in the free agent market would certainly help us.

well that is what i said trade down and gain more picks and more players. also trading is tough in this day and age. no one wants to give up good draft picks and trading a top notch player like for example when Baltimore got rid of bart scott is hard to do because you have to worry about trading inside the salary cap range. Free agency is they only way to go. i am glad we got shocky i suppose someone in the panthers is on tmf. now if they could get hassleback or thigpen i would be very happy

Eh, maybe I overrated Kolb, but I think he's pretty good nonetheless.

Here's another thought... Why not trade down with the first pick? Is there anyone really worth spending a ton on -- especially with a team so young and short on veteran talent?

I just wish Carolina would draft less and trade more. Being active in the free agent market would certainly help us.

The short answer is who would be willing to trade up for the #1 pick?

One of the issues in the CBA negotiations is a rookie wage scale to reign in the ridiculous salaries and guaranteed money being given to drafted rookies. Until that matter is settled coupled with the lack of any clear cut #1 overall pick, no trade will happen with this pick. Teams frankly would have to give up too much to acquire said pick or the flip side would be the Panthers would get to little of a return for such a draft choice.

Fans playing GM is always a fun thing to do, but in reality its a very complicated and tedious job with far too many variables for the casual fan to process.

The short answer is who would be willing to trade up for the #1 pick?

One of the issues in the CBA negotiations is a rookie wage scale to reign in the ridiculous salaries and guaranteed money being given to drafted rookies. Until that matter is settled coupled with the lack of any clear cut #1 overall pick, no trade will happen with this pick. Teams frankly would have to give up too much to acquire said pick or the flip side would be the Panthers would get to little of a return for such a draft choice.

Fans playing GM is always a fun thing to do, but in reality its a very complicated and tedious job with far too many variables for the casual fan to process.

Points taken, but the condescension really isn't necessary.

The odds of Clausen being the next Joe Montana from Notre Dame are slim,I think you need to give him another year. God all mighty you guys pull the string and send them packing to the curb faster then we do in Philly lol. With all fairness what did he have to work with last year, with all the other needs I pass on getting a QB till next year.

Points taken, but the condescension really isn't necessary.

Apologies if you took it that way but that was in no way my intent. I was merely stating the role of a GM is more complicated then just theorizing potential trades.

You posted your theory and I merely replied with my take on it. No malice was implied by my rebuttals.

we do not pull the string on qbs delhomme was our starter for seven solid years.... never benched

The QB situation was long ignored and it hurt the franchise. That being said Clausen was a proverbial steal in the draft but was thrown into a tough situation. Bringing in Kolb at the expense of the 1st pick alone would wreck this franchise on levels unseen before by the public. He's a decent West Coast QB in the "perfect" situation but nothing from what I see from Carolina shows me this is a trade that makes any sense.

The problem is, I don't think you would be getting the Randy Moss you anticipate, Mac.

Randy Moss would not be the incoming player on a premier Patriots team ready to prove he's still the league's premier receiver, running routes and catching everything thrown to him, playing with a major chip on his shoulder.

He would probably be the disgruntled Randy Moss knowing he's going to a redeveloping Carolina team, and he would give minimal effort while collecting an NFL paycheck and whining in the locker room and standing sullen on the sidelines, like he did with my Raiders.

Plaxico Burris, however, might be an interesting option. If he is healthy and has learned his life lessons, he might play with something to prove. And if he plays to capability, he will make the team who takes a chance on him a better one, in my opinion.

The problem is, I don't think you would be getting the Randy Moss you anticipate, Mac.

Randy Moss would not be the incoming player on a premier Patriots team ready to prove he's still the league's premier receiver, running routes and catching everything thrown to him, playing with a major chip on his shoulder.

He would probably be the disgruntled Randy Moss knowing he's going to a redeveloping Carolina team, and he would give minimal effort while collecting an NFL paycheck and whining in the locker room and standing sullen on the sidelines, like he did with my Raiders.

Plaxico Burris, however, might be an interesting option. If he is healthy and has learned his life lessons, he might play with something to prove. And if he plays to capability, he will make the team who takes a chance on him a better one, in my opinion.

Yeah and the money you save on him they can then afford metal detectors for the clubhouse lol

Yeah and the money you save on him they can then afford metal detectors for the clubhouse lol

Maybe Plaxico will come to the Raiders. Oakland stadium is already metal detector ready, and we're looking at TSA full body scan detectors for next season!:xpulcy:

Knowing Raider owner Al Davis, Burris in Oakland is not at all inconceivable....The problem, like with many developing teams, is to get someone decent to throw the ball, and a satisfactory O line to give the quarterback a little breathing room to make plays.

Apologies if you took it that way but that was in no way my intent. I was merely stating the role of a GM is more complicated then just theorizing potential trades.

You posted your theory and I merely replied with my take on it. No malice was implied by my rebuttals.

Fair enough. Thanks for the input.

Maybe Plaxico will come to the Raiders. Oakland stadium is already metal detector ready, and we're looking at TSA full body scan detectors for next season!:xpulcy:

Knowing Raider owner Al Davis, Burris in Oakland is not at all inconceivable....The problem, like with many developing teams, is to get someone decent to throw the ball, and a satisfactory O line to give the quarterback a little breathing room to make plays.

Well if he gets the lead out of his pants may be I'll give him a shot oooh yeah pun intented :laughhard:

What's New

5/9/2024
If you need to report a post, the report button is to its lower left.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back