• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

red letter day for a black man

meteor

TMF Expert
i'am pleased for obama do you think he will be our shinning knight, in these very troubled times,power to his elbow and good luck to him what do you think:

ah he is our hope for a brighter future..and in ten minutes or so he will be our President..the Constitution dictates that at twelve noon eastern standard time the President-elect is become the President..even if he isn't sworn in right at noon..

My question is this..why is the inauguration of our President not a national holiday?

*update* Barrack Hussein Obama is now our President..ah even President's get nervous as he stumbled a wee bit over the oath..actually it wasn't he who messed up but the Chief Justice..gesh..

All Hail our 44th President..

Last edited:
To be honest, I feel sorry for Obama.

He's been built up sooooo much. he's walking into a mess, a big one, and I don't think that people realize that he has a lot of cleaning up to do before he can even think of starting any of his campaign promises.

He's in for a world of criticism.

To be honest, I feel sorry for Obama.

He's been built up sooooo much. he's walking into a mess, a big one, and I don't think that people realize that he has a lot of cleaning up to do before he can even think of starting any of his campaign promises.

He's in for a world of criticism.

I totally agree here. The people who supported him are pinning all their hopes on this man. He is still a man. No matter what party the President is the person is still just a cog in the Washington machine. All that blind hope will only last so long.

In addition, there is another avenue where I do feel sorry for him. That is being the first "black" President. Many people voted that person. They voted for this superhero who wasn't George Bush (McCain withstanding). They didn't necessarily vote for Barak Obama the individual. If this superhero fails to materialize then Barak Obama the man again is lost in the mix. His Presidency is a dual-edged sword in a way.

He's been put up on such a high pedestal by the media and his 'cult of personality' followers, he's doomed to fall short. He's inherited a mess left to him by BOTH SIDES of the aisle in the House and Senate that nobody wants to fix in the way it needs to be done. He's surrounded himself with Clinton cronies and cast-offs, the media has made him such a "Messiah" to the willing lemmings of voters out there that when, inevitably, the problems take longer than a year to fix, they will turn on him faster than they did Bush 43.

I would love him to succeed, but what little substance he has told us he will do will only make things worse. Like FDR, he wants to create a new New Deal. Sad to say, research done by a team at UCLA (hardly a conservative, Republican bastion) has shown that the New Deal extended the Great Depression by 7 years.

Hope y'all are debt-free, as I soon will be. It's gonna be a rough ride.

Thing about the New Deal was that it was the mid-1930's when it went through (the parts which were shot down by the Supreme Court notwithstanding). Back then, as James Howard Kunstler has pointed out, we had plenty of everything except money. Now we import much of our petroleum, our factories have been bulldozed for shopping malls as manufacturing has been outsourced. And we have a massive deficit.

Great as he might be, Mr. Obama is just one guy (as someone on TV pointed out today, he's the president, not the messiah). As he himself has pointed out, he's going to need us backing him up if we're going to have a country when all this is over instead of a burnt-out shell of a country.

What's New

5/3/2024
If you need to report a post, click the report button to its lower left.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** LadyInternet ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back