• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Riddler and Penguin confirmed for Batman 3

Frankly I think both Depp and Hoffman are way above doing "Batman Villain" roles.

Drew

how do you mean?

Depp can play a pirate but not a batman villian?

forget hoffman...Paul Giammtti would be excellent

not like any of this has been confirmed yet...

None of it has been confirmed. There isn't a script yet. Everyone who has been involved is currently involved in other projects. Nolan's brother, who's also his writing partner and has been for years, is slated for something entirely different.

As for Johnny Depp being above playing a Batman baddy, perhaps - but Christian Bale was very reluctant about taking on the part of Bats himself until hearing Chris Nolan had signed on. Nolan has a body of amazing work that's gotten him indie cred (Following, Momento), and mainstream success as well (The Prestige), and even then he had to read the script first. They have similar backgrounds when it comes to juggling indie films and blockbusters, which has only recently happened for Bale because of Batman. American Psycho was a critical success but absolutely tanked in terms of money.

And Hoffman was in Mission Impossible. :D

I am not much of a Johnny Depp fan but I will admit he is universal at his portrayal of different characters. Just don't get a bulky muscle bound guy to play a nerdy scientist aka Mr. Freeze and expect me to believe that he is a "Nobel Prize Winner and Tri-Athlete."

When exactly did he have time to sleep let alone meet a woman and marry her. You are either a brilliant scientist that always studied or you are a jock that always trained, its impossible to be both in my opinion.

Umm.. maybe you all should read this .. Nothing Confirmed

Philip Seymour Hoffman: I'm not playing The Penguin
BY TRACY MILLER
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

Wednesday, September 10th 2008, 2:28 PM

Corkery/News

Philip Seymour Hoffman
Philip Seymour Hoffman put the deep freeze this week on rumors he's been asked to play The Penguin in the next "Batman" sequel.

"No one has talked to me about it - never," the actor told MTV. "It happened, like, five years ago, too. It's a rumor back then and it's still a rumor."

Speculation on the next cast of villainous characters in the Christopher Nolan-directed series had flared up anew at the Toronto Film Festival, where "Batman Begins" and "The Dark Knight" co-star Michael Caine told reporters that Hoffman had been tapped for the Penguin role - and that Johnny Depp would be joining him as The Riddler.

"It's Johnny Depp as The Riddler. And The Penguin is Philip Seymour Hoffman. I read it in the paper," Caine said when asked which actors might step in to fill the shoes left by Heath Ledger's menacing, memorable Joker in "Dark Knight."

He later amended his story to say that he heard the news straight from the executives at Warner Bros. "I was with [a Warner Bros.] executive and I said, 'Are we going to make another one?' They said yeah. I said, 'How the hell are we going to top Heath? And he says 'I'll tell you how you top Heath - Johnny Depp as The Riddler and Philip Seymour Hoffman as The Penguin.' I said, 'S–t, they've done it again!'"

Depp, like Hoffman, also denied being offered the role, though he admitted it would be a "fun gig." Hoffman, on the other hand, played his interest closer to the vest.

"I'm more a fan, so the interest of being in it isn't that great," he said. "It's more the interest in wanting to see the next one. It’s probably better that way ... I don't know if I'd make a good Penguin, to be quite honest."

http://www.wizarduniverse.com/090808batman3.html

"According to Bruce's butler, Depp and Hoffman are in for the sequel!

By Josh Wigler
Posted 9/08/2008

Speculation in a third "Batman" movie—which is likely several years away—has heated up tremendously given the success of "The Dark Knight." There have been ridiculous rumors ranging from Milo Ventimiglia as Robin to Cher as Catwoman. A great deal of attention has focused on Johnny Depp and Philip Seymour Hoffman as The Riddler and The Penguin respectively, though Depp himself seems just as puzzled as the rest of us.

So just when you thought that things couldn't get battier, here comes Alfred Pennyworth himself to join in the fun. In an interview with MTV's Splash Page, actor Michael Caine spills the beans on the next movie's villains.

"It's Johnny Depp as The Riddler," says Caine. "And The Penguin is Philip Seymour Hoffman."

"I was with [a Warner Bros.] executive and I said, 'Are we going to make another one?'" Caine continues. "They said yeah. I said, 'How the hell are we going to top Heath?' And he says, 'I'll tell you how you top Heath—Johnny Depp as The Riddler and Philip Seymour Hoffman as The Penguin.'"

So either Mr. Caine has a very active imagination, or the good butler just let one of Hollywood's biggest cats out of the bag. Either way, it's safe to say that Bat-fandom's gonna be hopped up worse than those fear-gassed freaks in the Narrows until someone makes things official."

Thoughts? Comments?

I'm stoked.

Just a thought...

It's not exactly written in stone that Harvey Dent/Two-Face is actually dead. Perhapse they'll bring him back.

I think that the Riddler and Penguin put together in the movie might upset the serious tone of the movie and "campify" it a bit too much. However, they managed to pull off a decent Scarecrow so it is still doable.

Until Batman four comes out featuring...Crazy Quilt and the Mad Hatter!!!:cry1:

Penguin & Riddler Confirmed for Batman 3

I think Depp & Hoffman are excellent choices for those villains.However,please get a better love interest in this one.Maggie Gyllenhaal looks like a zombie & comes across like a total retard.

As absurd a notion it is of Cher being cast as Catwoman, ya know who'd make a bad-ass Catwoman?

Freakin' Madonna.

Wouldn't she just freakin' OWN that role?

As for the Deppmeister playing the Riddler, I had to take a moment and stroke my beard and go, "Hmmmmm...!"

As absurd a notion it is of Cher being cast as Catwoman, ya know who'd make a bad-ass Catwoman?

Freakin' Madonna.

So long as she didn't sing, speak or talk with that damned british accent.:jester:

Yeah, I drank too much haterade this morning...

News Flash

According to Starpulse.com....

September 15th, 2008 6:30pm EDT

Philip Seymour Hoffman is thrilled he's among the names in contention for Batman villain The Penguin, because he has always wanted to play the comic book bad guy. Despite The Dark Knight star Michael Caine's confirmation that the Capote star has already landed the role, Hoffman insists he's yet to be officially offered the part - but he can't wait for the phone call.

He tells TheStoneReport.com, "I grew up a comic book fan, so I love that stuff. I love going to that stuff. I think what they're doing with that whole Batman story is really true to what that whole Batman thing has always been. It's one of the darkest origins of a superhero, to get all nerdy and geeky on you. That character sees his parents gunned down as a young child. I remember when I was a kid reading that story, so seeing it now come to life as the dark tale that it really is intense, really dark, very visceral."

If he lands the role, he'll follow Danny DeVito, who played The Penguin on the big screen in 1992's Batman Returns.

I know this is off topic. I heard they were only using B rank badguys in these films thus far. But I though Joker was Batman's nemisis. So who would be considered an A rank Batman bad guy anyways?

I know this is off topic. I heard they were only using B rank badguys in these films thus far. But I though Joker was Batman's nemisis. So who would be considered an A rank Batman bad guy anyways?

Where'd you hear that from? The Joker was the Capital "A" of A list Batman villains. Batman doesn't have that many villains in the first place....

Here's the big problem here - DC always had crappy characters. Not really main good guys or bad guys but.....

Many of the best artists went to Marvel, and created great characters there.
Many went on to form Image Comics in the 90's, but still, Marvel was the leader in great characters.
Yeah, DC had Superman, Batman, ...but even when you get to Wonder Woman, who was an A-list hero, they are having the hardest time adapting that movie right now. Marvel, on the other hand, has finally done it - the beginning of a "Cinematic Universe," where Iron, played by Robert Downey Jr., will meet Hulk, played by Edward Norton, together in two movies, The Avengers. DC hasn't even gotten close with a Justice League movie.

So, back to the character list, Batman has maybe 10 villains he can go against, and then he's against The Floronic Man, or something, The Crazy Quilter, or whatever retarded character there's left. Spiderman, on the other hand, has...whew! Venom, Carnage, Dr. Octopus, Mysterio, Kraven, The Lizard, the various Goblins, Sandman, Hydro Man, etc. etc. ...all very cinematic guys and gals.

So luckily, by the time Nolan tires of Batman, he will probably have used all of Batman best villains!

Guys and gals...

Nolan hasn't even started writing the script/story, they can not have confirmed actors when there are no characters written into the story.

Nolan has stated he doesn't like the Penguin. I know the hype is now on with the monsterous success of The Dark Knight but we have some time to wait before we get script info.

I trusted Nolan since the first movie, which ever villan he choses, he will make it work. HE had ideas for the Joker for the third film but... well.. we all know, in Nolan's Batman Universe, Heath was the the only Joker.

DK

Batman

Freakin' Madonna.

As for the Deppmeister playing the Riddler, I had to take a moment and stroke my beard and go, "Hmmmmm...!"

Madonna is a total no-talent who has proven her inability to act film after film.How about Catherine Zeta-Jones for Catwoman?She's far superior talent,better looking,& like Michelle Pfeiffer,resembles a Persian cat.While we're discussing actors for Batman villain roles,how about either Mike Myers or Dana Carvey as the Mad Hatter?

Madonna is a total no-talent who has proven her inability to act film after film.How about Catherine Zeta-Jones for Catwoman?She's far superior talent,better looking,& like Michelle Pfeiffer,resembles a Persian cat.While we're discussing actors for Batman villain roles,how about either Mike Myers or Dana Carvey as the Mad Hatter?

Myers cannot act serious to save his life

Batman

Myers cannot act serious to save his life
I thought Myers was top notch in his first & so far only dramatic role,Steve Rubell in 54.Besides,if he played the Mad Hatter,he'd be playing a nutcase character,not like playing Al Capone or some other character like Vito Corleone.One thing I really would like to see is a better love interest than that zombie Gyllenhaal.

Hmmm. I'm shocked that a quote like that can be attributed to a seasoned actor like Caine. It doesn't ring true. I could see this contravening a panoply of confidentiality agreements. Caine is an odd character in real life (so I'm told) but this behaviour is highly unprofessional.

I thought Myers was top notch in his first & so far only dramatic role,Steve Rubell in 54.Besides,if he played the Mad Hatter,he'd be playing a nutcase character,not like playing Al Capone or some other character like Vito Corleone.One thing I really would like to see is a better love interest than that zombie Gyllenhaal.

Zombie?

Batman

I think Maggie Gyllenhaal looks like a zombie.When I saw her on talk shows,she came across like a retard.The one big rap againstThe Dark Knightamong people I know was a unanimous disdain for her.Surely they can come up with a better actress.

I think Maggie Gyllenhaal looks like a zombie.When I saw her on talk shows,she came across like a retard.The one big rap againstThe Dark Knightamong people I know was a unanimous disdain for her.Surely they can come up with a better actress.

/sign. A better actress who doesn't look like a pig :-o

What's New

5/22/2024
Check out Clips4Sale for more tickling clips of all sorts then anyplace else!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** LadyInternet ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back