• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

RPG Maker Translation Coordination

LurkLurkLurk

TMF Expert
Here's how the community can quickly translate RPG Maker XP/VX games.

So far, one person at a time has been working on translation. That's a hell of a lot of work, and it leads to a couple problems:
  • slow updates
  • inability for others to co-translate, simultaneously
  • translator burn-out, since it's a lot of work

Here's a fix. People interested in translating adopt some zones to translate, and then only translate those corresponding map files.

(Note: It's impossible to split the database up in this way, so Items/CommonEvents/etc. will still have to be worked on by one person at a time.)

Once the maps are done:
  • make a new folder called Data somewhere
  • copy the completed map files into it
  • use 7-zip (or winrar or whatever) to archive it
  • upload that archive
  • if there are remaining maps, adopt some of them and repeat

Sticking all the files in a Data folder that way means one can just extract the archive into their game folder and update only the needed files (instead of re-downloading everything).

Alternatively, all of the translators could sign up for Dropbox (or equivalent) and share only the Data folder in the game directory. (Don't share the entire game directory, or else you'll clobber each other's save files!) Dropbox may not exactly be the most anonymous option, since I believe you have to have someone's e-mail address to share a folder with them, but it's convenient.

What do you guys think?

Active Translations
Kusuguru Project
Foxgirl RPG
  • ? Candycane. In progress.

Complete Translations

Tickle Mansion
  • Everything. Lurk. Full game; no RTP needed. Both ambush bugs fixed. Download.
Venus Passion

Last edited:
Only problem I see with this is different writing styles for each area.

I think it's a great idea to split up the work and giving anyone the possibility to help who wants to help!
How about making a list in the first post which maps still need a translation and which are reserved by whom?

I'll try to translate the maps 076 and 077, since I'm not sure how fast I'll work. That way I shouldn't hinder anyone to translate the "next story maps".

About shadow's concerns: I'm sure Screamer or Xtreme could read through the translated parts to see if something's completely off. Or anyone else who just wants to perfect a translation.

Edited to OP to reflect you claiming those maps. If the format looks good, I'll use something like that as others adopt more.

I found a savefile editor that lets one alter save files (including things like control switches, which determine which quests/events you're due to see). If it also allows one to set where the character is saved, it'll be invaluable for testing areas off the beaten path. I'll investigate a bit further, and do a brief usage tutorial if none exists, as time allows.

I'd like to give it a go as well. I'll attempt map 66 and see what i can do. If it works out, i'll double back and link with map 65.

Ok... I'm entering Kusuguru Translation.

Will try map 65-68 for now. If i think I'm able, I might very well take all the rest of the project.

Good thing about being brazillian: Portuguese and Italian are both latin languages and have some things in common, so i can put a better sense into phrases when google translator fails.

Let's see how it goes. I might still drop this tough. But let's see.

Map 66 is clear to the best of my ability. I'll leave who am i to complete around that (or overwrite my attempt)

I'll hammer at map 78 right now.

*edit*
Can anyone offer a good translation to

In bocca alla piuma

It seems like a saying and google translate is failing to decipher it

Last edited:
Glad to see you guys getting on board! Added your map claims.

Added map70 to my archive, since I finished it and forgot to list/upload it.

Last edited:
This board actually allows us to post attachments of up to 5MB. The maps are pretty small, especially zipped, so you can probably just attach it to any given post. (The KP Data folder I have weighs in at less than 3MB, uncompressed!)

Mediafire, 4shared, and sendspace should make acceptable fall-backs. (Avoid Rapidshare, Oron, and Filepost.) I don't think we'll ever have to use them, as even Foxgirl RPG's Data folder, which is 6.85MB, zips down to 1.2MB, or better yet, 7-zips down to 580KB. 7-zip is a really good program; it's also free. I strongly recommend it.

I'll link the downloads up by your names in the OP, as the links show up. I may also occasionally conglomerate the zip files, so users can download one Data folder update and be good to go.

Last edited:
Well, did the maps.

Some things i took out because I didn't knew the meaning. I think I made a decent job - other people would do better, but i Did it well enough to make it playable and understandable.

I've done maps 65, 66, 67 and 68 - That is, the whole Dungeon segment.

I will upload and post it on Kusuguru Main topic. I'll pick more maps tomorrow, probabbly.

*edit*
Can anyone offer a good translation to

In bocca alla piuma

It seems like a saying and google translate is failing to decipher it
I don't speak Italian, so Screamer will probably have to field that, but in English, we occasionally see stuff like "into the mouth of hell" (in bocca alla inferno?). With a lot of artistic license, I'm guessing the intended effect is "Off into Hell's gaping, feathery maw she goes!"

I looked at the map. A couple suggestions:
  • It seems weird that the underworld is called "Underdark" (pretty sure that's a D&D thing), underworld, and lower realms. Feels a little inconsistent.
  • "will torture you" -> "will get you tortured"
  • Feel free to use contractions, e.g.: you're, can't, there's.

Last edited:
Attempting map 70.

Wow, stumbling block on first line:

Cielo!!Ma quando aVViVa quella scVeanzata di una serVa!!

AssuVdo!!Ma mi sentiVà quando la vedo!
AltVo che solletico....la faVò subiVe...
il solletico!

PVopVio te! Sisisi!
Ti va di faVmi un piaceVe, ben
VetViubito, natuValmente!

I think it's all the V's messing up the engine

Just not a clue on where to go with this. The google translate can't handle it, and the dictionary is turning up empty

Last edited:
I'm not sure what to download among this right now. Who am i did the dungeon maps. But it seems like maps further up have been completed and not the ones we need. 70 on up.

Attempting map 70.

Wow, stumbling block on first line:

Cielo!!Ma quando aVViVa quella scVeanzata di una serVa!!

AssuVdo!!Ma mi sentiVà quando la vedo!
AltVo che solletico....la faVò subiVe...
il solletico!

PVopVio te! Sisisi!
Ti va di faVmi un piaceVe, ben
VetViubito, natuValmente!

I think it's all the V's messing up the engine

Just not a clue on where to go with this. The google translate can't handle it, and the dictionary is turning up empty

It's that at the Feathermaster? Because if it is, I think that the Vs are there to indicate that the character has a french accent. Just replace them with Rs and it should work just fine (I guess) :)

What does map 70 consist of? i assumed it went for the pirate ship but no.

map70 was already in my first bundle. I spoke to Screamer to figure the deal out with the Vs. Apparently, snobbish people that speak Italian replace some of their consonants with Vs?

Oh i get it. Who am i did up to 68. Meaning 69 which should be the entering of the harbor is still not done.

I have a notepad file with most of KP translated. The only thing is that you will have to put it into the game and the translation is rather rough/literal. If anyone would be interested in having that, it might speed things up a bit.

In addition to that. I've made some significant progress on FoxgirlRPG, if anyone would like to team up with me, that would be cool.

Regarding VP, it is pretty much done, just smoothing out snags that appear.

What's New

5/9/2024
If you need to report a post, the report button is to its lower left.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back