• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Sci Fi Network

Dionysus

TMF Regular
I've started this thread in general discussion out of my own outrage that sci fi has cancelled my beloved Stargate SG-1 tv show. But I also realize that a lot of people here likely don't give a rat's butt about that show, so I figured I might get better results if I just dangled a piece of cheese to anyone who thinks the sci fi network in general sucks, or is cool (which I myself dont anymore lol)

I'm interested to see where this goes. I am curious to see how many members here leave posts both in favor and against the sci fi network for their programming choices, and the shows they air. I almost labeled this the "anti" sci fi network thread.

I no longer watch the sci fi network, except when Stargate SG-1 is on. Once the rest of this (suddenly) final season airs, I will check with my cable provider about either replacing or blocking the network......

And you will................??

SG-1 episodes air on my local stations.

I've watched the show on and off since it started and watched the series finale quite some time ago. They keep doing reruns, so its easy to catch up on stuff and watch episodes you missed.

All in all, it wasn't a bad show. Hopefully the upcoming Star Wars tv series will be of equal or greater quality.

Sci-fi has totally pissed me off with some of their shows and stuff for the past couple of years. SG-1 was about the only thing that kept me watching. The idea of no more new episodes of SG-1 is seriously the final nail in the coffin for that network.

WTF?!!? They cancelled SG-1? I never really cared for Stargate Atlantis, though. I'm not amused that they cancelled the show. That means the unless a regular chanel picks it up and sponsors it, it's over . They at least should resolve the issues with the anchient / prior war, before ending it.

I liked most of their shows that they produced. Farscape, SG-1, Battlestar Galactica as my favorites. But they ended Farscape too early. SG-1, I could see the end coming, but they snipped that one short too. I wonder what they're going to do with Battlestar Galactica now. Sheesh. :sad:

I was a huge fan of Sci Fi channel at one time. When it first started you could see old shows like "Land Of The Giants'' ,"Voyage To The Bottom Of The Sea" ,etc. That's what I enjoyed. I would love to see older movies like "The Day The Earth Stood Still" or a hard to find show "The Invaders".I think It's nothing but wasteful alligator, giant snakes movies that I find very boring.

I have tried to watch Stargate SG-1 many times because my wife enjoys it, but I could just never get into it. The on;y show on Sci-Fi that I watch faifully is the new Battlestar Galactica. Love that show.

I personally hate the new Galactica. The old show I still have fond nostalgic memories of watching reruns when I was growing up. But I totally hate the new show.

Sammi-chan said:
I personally hate the new Galactica. The old show I still have fond nostalgic memories of watching reruns when I was growing up. But I totally hate the new show.
I'm the same way. I really liked the old Galactica, and I loved watching the reruns of it when they showed them. I tried watching this new show though, and I don't really care for it to be honest. It made a lot of changes that I don't really think were needed.
Though, they do have a really cute Boomer now...

Nu Galactica, IMO, is like watching "Enterprise". When it's over, I'm left thinking "I could have watched the original, since it was many times better."

As for Sci-Fi's plight. Too much garbage from way up top. NBC is doing everything they can to make sure that the growing cable network doesn't hurt their classic NBC broadcast network. From scheduling Sci-Fi's shows poorly, to watering down the lineup, to discrediting Sci-Fi using the endless stream of shitty creature flicks and WRESTLING.

Come on!! Seriously, what's the deal?

cripes, this goes right up there in my angry pile right under the cancellation of Firefly. outrageous. i never got hooked on SG-1, but i know peeps who love it. they almost screwed the pooch with Farscape, which i love, but thankfully had that miniseries, the Peacekeeper Wars to end the show properly. i had to get rid of sci-fi show like after the 5th episode of BSG was out, due to rising cable costs, but i really wanted to see more of it. they pull the plug on it too?

i swear, networks are so damn impatient these days.

Unfortunately it's still going (apologies to anyone who likes Nu Galactica)

At least they'll play Doctor Who.

Oh wait... I'VE SEEN ALL THOSE EPISODES ALREADY!

Before long they will be like the Nashville Network
they became the National network and then
SPIKE
Sci-Fi, yea right, everyone knows wrestling is fiction but I dont think its Science Fiction.

Sci-Fi's been going down the toilet for years. I mean, they're showing wrestling now? How's that science fiction?

But yeah, Sci-Fi's shat on most of their signature shows over the years. While not an SG1 fan myself, the memories of what they did to Sliders and MST3K always stand out as excellent examples of the "quality" of Sci-Fi. Wanna blame someone? Blame Bonnie Hammer, their programming exec.

the hollywood brother likes the stargate sereis but without the action and the Col. O'neil it is not as good. also it has had a great run. The hollywood brother thinks it will live on with guest shots in atlantis and maybe other spin offs but yes it is a shame it is going off the air. now the other part of this discussion is the quality of hte sci-fi channel. The hollywood brother watch some of the stuff on there, but the hollywood brother do not like how shows seem to dissapear so quickly like tremors and tracker. Were they great shows? Probably not but people liked them. also why did they get rid of farscape and some of there other shows?

:wooha: NO MORE SG1?! But...But....but they've commercialing the next new episodes tomorrow on Sci-Fi...I mean, WTF?! R u serious? Omg......Stargate is my alltime favourite show...I could just hang myself right now...*.*

the hollywood brother say do not hang yourself brother. the hollywood brother wants all the tickle theatre fans to be around for a long time

Hungarian, don't hang yourself! Get a lynch mob together and go after the Sci-Fi execs. n_n

Lol; so I guess its true, huh? Do they have a date? And about the mob, and dunno how....for starters, where is it? :p

From what I've heard they get to finish up this season, but there won't be a season 11. As for where it is... um... I'm not sure.

*note to self....and to the mob....get an address* Well, at least I got something...:p

And I think I read something about a Star Wars series? Any info on that? (Wow, this conversation reminds me of my 11th grade research paper....we would spend hours helping each other 2 do our papers...XD)

I've heard of the Star Wars series, too. But I haven't really heard any details about it. I'm not even entirely sure what era it's supposed to take place in.

All I know about it is that it's supposed to take place between Revenge of the Sith and A New Hope. So far, they've kept pretty quiet about it. No word on main characters or anything.

Ooh! Maybe we'll get to see Victory-class Star Destroyers and old school TIEs.

That'd be really cool. There are a lot of rumors. I've heard it focusing on Jedi, bounty hunters, a mix of the two, all kinds of things, but nothing really specific.

eBen said:
Sci-Fi's been going down the toilet for years. I mean, they're showing wrestling now? How's that science fiction?

But yeah, Sci-Fi's shat on most of their signature shows over the years. While not an SG1 fan myself, the memories of what they did to Sliders and MST3K always stand out as excellent examples of the "quality" of Sci-Fi. Wanna blame someone? Blame Bonnie Hammer, their programming exec.

anyone named "Bonnie Hammer" shouldn't be at the steering wheel of any network. what name is that? a country western warlord? a female souther stalin? wtf...

What's New

5/24/2024
Need to report a post? Click the report button to its lower left!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** LadyInternet ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back