• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

should Michael Moore shut up or does he have a good point?

moose

1st Level Orange Feather
Just wondering what everyone thinks of the guy. As for me I'm kind of on the line. I mean he brings up good points but A lot of the times I wonder where he gets his facts.

He brings up good points on occasion.
But he's a dickhead.
And makes anyone associated with him look terrible. He gives liberals everywhere a bad name.

As the Democratic Party grows more consiliatory toward the GOP despite having a supermajority, I'd have to say I like Moore more and more. The same goes for Bill Maher.

I'm starting to wonder if we really have a political left in our government as compared to the staunch right wing that is present.

LMFAO... "Keep Fucking that chicken"... did he really say that on the air?!

Moore is a tool. He took Rush Limbaugh's playbook for pandering to the fringe right, and used the same loudmouth, obnoxious tactics to pander to the fringe left. They're both phonies looking to make a buck, as are the rest of their ilk.

I like his satiric political humor , and I also Think that he also has some good points.
(Like Healthcare)

Michael Moore needs to think things but uhhhh shut the fuck up .

Surely there's a better spokesperson for the left in the USA?

I feel he is another loud mouthed celebrity who feels that if everyone listens to him,their lives will be so much better

I love his movies, particularly Columbine and Sicko. No one's perfect, but I'm glad someone is out there doing what he does.

Moore is a tool. He took Rush Limbaugh's playbook for pandering to the fringe right, and used the same loudmouth, obnoxious tactics to pander to the fringe left. They're both phonies looking to make a buck, as are the rest of their ilk.

I have to disagree. Moore is a loudmouth, but I think that sometimes you need to kinda loud to be heard. I've seen all of his movies to date and frankly I have yet to see him be truly wrong. Skewed, yes, biased indeed, but not really wrong...

The only problem I have with him is that he hides behind the "documentary" label when much of what he puts forth as fact is made up or skewed...

I havent watched anything by him in years because of this and the way he bellows in public...

He claims capitalism is bad, and yet has much in the bank because of it.....go figure....

Does he need to shut up...no..it is better that we hear the likes of him and limbaugh and the rest of the extremists first hand so we can dismiss them for what they are...

Artoo....you would think so, but no one has become a good spokesperson for either POV...

Izzy...Obama has no business speaking for the left....lol....and I am sure they dont want him to...

lol its funny how the Bush years bought out these docu-yank trashing film makers who have made millions exposing the hilarity of the American way of life. The closest this side of the pond has come to the Moore is Borat :D

Its no secret that everything Moore says is distorted . I remember when Sicko came out he was on CNN and he was debating Dr Gupta and it was funny everything Moore said Gupta just verbally buttfucked him and proved that all his "facts" were bullshit .

Michael Moore is an oppurtunistic,lying, parasite. The fact that some people believe the fabrications he puts out makes me sick.

What really pisses me off about him are the lies though. You can't fully appreciate this level of a blatant bullshit without a decent understanding of whatever topic he is tainting with his name. Just watch sicko with a doctor or columbine with a gun owner. It's appalling.

There are two things crazy enough the left considers liabilities. PETA and Michael Moore.

Just watch sicko with a doctor or columbine with a gun owner. It's appalling.

I'm a total gun-nut, and I loved Bowling For Columbine. What exactly did you find untrue about that movie? Or is it that Michael Moore disagrees with you, so he must be ignorant?

Just another guy who likes to hear himself flap his gums.You can throw him on the pile on top of sharpton and jesse jackson.

Bowling for Columbine happened to turn out to be a great movie.

But he uses unbelievably unfair tactics to convince his viewers. He is also largely retarded.

I'm usually fairly diplomatic around here; I don't like getting involved in controversial discussion in a forum like this. But I'm prepared to take any and all abuse here and go to town on it.

I can't wait to see his new movie about capitalism, for the sheer entertainment value. But, he is making misleading (and actually flat-out inaccurate) statements.

Banks aren't evil. And these "de-ri-va-tives" that he loves mentioning (usually with requisite hand gestures to quote them) are not instruments of evil and greed. From what I understand (I haven't seen the movie), Moore makes his point by asking some high-level people at these financial institutions what a derivative is. They bumble and can't really answer. I have been auditing these things for over 3 years, and if a fat slob with no background asked me to describe them, in a nutshell, on camera, I'm sure I would look just as ignorant. But I'm not.

He describes derivatives as 'bets' where our mortgages serve as the collateral. One thing i want to make very clear is that NO party is this multi-party transaction flow WANTS a mortgager to default. And he implies the very opposite. Without getting too specific, the result of this whole convoluted process, cradle to grave, is that more people were able to get mortgages. Obviously there were terrible oversights in creditworthiness. A lot of people made mistakes. But, the amount of people who actually predicted this is super-limited. To my knowledge, there are like 4 genius goldman bankers who were saying this before it happened. The net result of this whole process is more mortgages and the facilitation of business among people who deal with investment banks. You can say that it's a waste of smart people's minds to engage in banking instead of creating goods, I won't argue that, but to call this evil and greedy is outrageous. If people want to take their genius brain and use it to make a fuck-load of money, that is their prerogative. You don't have to like it. And yes I suppose it is greedy, but if I were capable of doing it and could swing the amount of hours they work I probably would do it too.

I probably haven't been too clear here, I'm a bit up in arms about this issue. But, if anyone disagrees or has a question on my view I'm more than happy to engage. If you call me an idiot or some such insult, I won't be so happy to.

For what it's worth, I don't work in an industry that engages in credit derivatives. I audit many of these companies, and our firm has had the unfortunate but ethical responsibililty to tell them they have to post enormous losses because they hold them.

Last edited:
Michael Moore is an oppurtunistic,lying, parasite. The fact that some people believe the fabrications he puts out makes me sick.

What really pisses me off about him are the lies though. You can't fully appreciate this level of a blatant bullshit without a decent understanding of whatever topic he is tainting with his name. Just watch sicko with a doctor or columbine with a gun owner. It's appalling.

There are two things crazy enough the left considers liabilities. PETA and Michael Moore.

Although the "columbine with a gun-owner" example doesn't hold too much water in my opinion, I agree with the premise. Moore is an absolute expert and taking a limited understanding of something and figuring out a way to present it to the public (who has essentially no understanding) in a way that makes total sense. But what he says is completely distorted. I'm only first realizing this now as his latest movie is the first time I actually have been somewhat of an expert on the subject (at least to the extent that I could school his ass in a debate).

Michael Moore should be required to include a debate in his films with legitimate experts on the subject matter so that his audiences can get an accurate view of the big picture. I'm sure they would still agree with him, because he's talented at reaching out to the common person, but at least a few smart people would then be able to acknowledge or at least consider where he's full of shit

lol its funny how the Bush years bought out these docu-yank trashing film makers who have made millions exposing the hilarity of the American way of life. The closest this side of the pond has come to the Moore is Borat :D

Oh hush, we only need blokes like the Monty Python crew and Eddie Izzard and Omid Djalili to expose the ridiculousness on your side of the pond, and they do it very, very well :neenerneener:

What's New

5/8/2024
The final Vote for the 2023 Golden Feather Awards is now ongoing. Visit the GFA forum to vote!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back