• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Should the NFL convert to 3 Divisions per Conference?

MrMacphisto

Level of Lime Feather
There's been a lot of talk about how the NFC West is so bad that it shouldn't get a playoff spot. Similarly, the AFC West is struggling.

However, if we brought back 3 divisions per conference, you could have 3 division winners worthy of the title with 3 wild cards per conference.

Assuming we did it geographically by conference, it would probably look like this...

AFC East: Patriots, Jets, Ravens, Dolphins, Jaguars
AFC Central: Bills, Steelers, Browns, Bengals, Colts, Titans
AFC West: Chiefs, Texans, Broncos, Chargers, Raiders

NFC East: Giants, Eagles, Redskins, Panthers, Buccaneers
NFC Central: Falcons, Lions, Bears, Packers, Saints, Rams
NFC West: Vikings, Cowboys, Cardinals, Seahawks, 49ers

What do you guys think?

A valid point as well as a viable solution. The only problem I see here is the breaking up of some harsh division rivalries, Steelers/Ravens and Cowboys/Eagles being the most prominent. The NFL would oppose that because rivalries = dollars, especially with all the fining going on. But you're definitely onto something with that.

I think you have a good idea here, but I am confused as to why you'd put Minnesota in the NFC west? shouldnt they be part of the central, that there too is braking up good rivalries with GB and the Bears. None the less, I like the idea you have presented.

not sure if I'm on board...there's the obvious problem...4 x 5 team divisions and 2 x 6 team divisions. so some teams might cry foul. Right now the NFL has that magical number of 32 that fits the current system perfectly.

I leave it alone even know I did say something about the NFC West, The more I think about it but what's the diff if you have a weak div. or a good div that beats each other up and end up at 8-8. If they did this they have to work on div. so you don't lose the history of rival games, like Steelers and Ravens, being a Eagles fan I would miss the 2 games with Cowboys. I think if they do something they just take top 8 teams with normal seeding
1 vs 8
2 vs 7
3 vs 6
4 vs 5
Highest seed has home field and still keeping NFL tie breaker system. I think in another year this won't matter cause I think the Rams are on there way up

What's New

5/9/2024
If you need to report a post, the report button is to its lower left.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back