• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Smoking

Scouse

1st Level Red Feather
I'm getting a little (but not too) concerned over the amount of cigarettes I smoke. I've recently noticed that walking up three flights of stairs nearly kills me,and for a 21 year old thats definitely not a good sign.

So the whole point of this thread is to find out how many cigarettes my fellow TMFers smoke in the average day? Hopefully there will be people who smoke a lot more than I do, which will make me feel a little bit better about this dirty habit of mine.

Thanks in advance!

thanks to the tax hike here in Texas, the average pack of quality smokes cost $5.60 a pack, with $50 being the price for a carton. so, in light of that, i smoke 10 a day, more if i'm drinking.

I smoke roughly a half a pack to 3/4 a pack a day. Sometimes I only smoke about six or so a day.

I'm pretty sure that the three flights of stairs thing might have a little more to do with what kind of shape you are in, as well. I am quite sure that the cigs don't exactly help much either.

The reason why I'm saying this is (and bear in mind that you didn't actually say how many you smoked) due to the fact that even though I smoke the aformentioned number of cigarettes I also have an active job and I go running for about five miles a day. Before I did that, I couldn't jog half a city block without being winded and having my lungs burn for the better part of the day.

Cloud, come to England,where a pack of 20 will cost you around $10 USD!!

Dude, you say you're 21. Quit now. Don't say you'll do it later. Do it now. I've been smoking for 26 years now and all kind of shit goin' on with my lungs. It is a hell of a lot easier to quit now than wait that long. If you're feeling it already, you really do need to just stop.

I buy a pack of 10 a day,and seem to go through them between 8-10 hours. I also have what seems to be an unlimited supply of rolling tobacco which I smoke when I run out of real cigarettes.

Of course on nights out its a lot different. I'm sure i've gone through 60 a night, although its safe to say that I would have given some of them away.

Dave, its much easier said than done. I've had at least 10 a day for nearly 4 years now. As long as theres money in my pocket and a shop on every corner its much easier to smoke than to work out another way to keep myself busy.

re: smoking

While it might be easier said than done, walking away from it now will help long-term. I quit smoking back in March of '06. I didn't stop the minute I took that last cig in my fingers and looked at it--I gradually stopped. I had a hard time after meals and coffee. Then one less cig..then an occasional cig..then none. Now? I absolutely HATE the smell..and I HATE being around smoke. Can't stand it smelling in my hair or on me. It can be done. Just think of your future--wouldn't want to be in the hospital fighting for your life.

Victoria

Quitting is the hardest thing I ever did. At 21 though, I was able to run 10 miles and still was dying for a cigarette. So if you're having trouble at 21, trying to quit now might make sense. But it's such a personal decision.

I smoked about 1-2 packs a day for 24 years, by the way, and just quit 5 months ago. I used the new drug Chantix.

Dave, its much easier said than done. I've had at least 10 a day for nearly 4 years now. As long as theres money in my pocket and a shop on every corner its much easier to smoke than to work out another way to keep myself busy.

I used to think like this. Then, I started having more and more breathing problems and getting pneumonia at least once a year. I'd been smoking a pack or more a day for about 10 years. When I finally found that I had a reason I cared enough about to quit, I just did...cold turkey. The first few weeks were rough. I won't say that I haven't been tempted since then. But, I havne't given in. It's been 6 years now.

You've smoked less than half what I smoked and for less than half the time. You can do it. You just have to really want to. I do agree, though, that having something else to occupy your mind/time or satisfy the urge is a help. I popped a fireball in my mouth every time I wanted a smoke. Good luck if you get serious about quitting.

Keep smoking and you'll take away one of the great mysteries of your life - "How will I die?

You've decided that you're going to kill yourself with cigarettes.

The only mystey left is will it come quickly in the form of a heart attack or will it be a very slow, very debilitating and humiliating process as you lose your ability to function normally.

Walking around with a tank of oxygen strapped to your waist and a tube up your nose might be fun when you go to a restaurant, or to a sporting event. or maybe to a wedding.

Or maybe start to lose circulation in your legs and have to have them amputated.

Or maybe have your larynx removed and sound like an electronic video game when you talk.

The possibilities are endless.

I'm getting a little (but not too) concerned over the amount of cigarettes I smoke. I've recently noticed that walking up three flights of stairs nearly kills me,and for a 21 year old thats definitely not a good sign

Sounds not quite good. I've really began to smoke at 18, smoked like one pack a day, due to the work ( that's my great excuse, but work was damn ). I've even been able to smoke like almost 3 packs a day, which can sound a bit too much, well it was, but you are with people who smoke, do drink etc ... you know the rest :)

By now, like 2 years or so i've quitted real cigarettes, for my own sake, i'm smoking rolling tobacco, which i thought would make me smoke less .. :/ well depends. I actually can stay days without smoking, but one will make me buy some and here we go again. I though i could stop, well i still smoke. Like 5 a day, which is not much compared to before.

The fact is that you do really feel that your lungs are feeling better, though i have no problem walking for kms, biking, going on stairs etc :) by the end of the half year i'll probably quit for good, cos i'm able to.

I want to swim again :p

On the average day I smoke probably half a pack. If I'm drinking though, I could go through a whole pack.

Your Body Will Let You Know.

Many long time smokers wake up with a "Smoker's Cough" before they have their first morning cigarette. :sowrong:It took me a month on the Patch for me to overcome the habit. I found myself lighting up every 15 minutes when I was drinking.:sowrong:

Many long time smokers wake up with a "Smoker's Cough" before they have their first morning cigarette

long time :/ how many that is in term of years ?

for me it's rather the quantity smoked than the time of smoking, i never had the smoker's cough in the morning as i recall, and at times i smoked much so it depends of people

Smoking isn't for me, I hate it and it was the best thing to happen when they banned it from restaurants etc, I can now come home after eating my dinner without stinking of the smoke or tasting it when I ate my meal.

I tried smoking as a teenager and thought what was the point, I didn't bother after a few attempts and my mates carried on, luckily for me the people I hang around with don't smoke now and they can't stand it and moan about others that do.

The thought of kissing a guy that does smoke, makes me feel sick, smokers breath is a no-no.

I've never smoked and I think only had one drag in my entire life. If you ask me, you have to be a little mentally retarded to smoke.

I was smoking a pack a day,but kinda made it my new years resolution to cut back,then eventually quit.I seem to do that every year without much success.This year,I've had 18 smokes in 25 days......making progress.

If you ask me, you have to be a little mentally retarded to smoke

I saw once a reportage about smoking & advertising, like how via medias such as actors in Hollywood, or whenever else in the world, in televsion etc etc the tobacco industry made the whole *smoking attitude* so damn cool & rebelious.

Remember the movies in the 50's when the main character had to be seen with a cigarette ? It made the whole thing better & gave that same character some more attitude. There were even advertising when people after having played tennis got for a cig :/

So it's rather about all the tobacco industry which try all its can, to make people beginning to smoke, and not the smokers to blame. The fact of smoking is by now forbidden, but selling cigarettes is still possible .. go figure

What's New

5/15/2024
The TMF Links forum keeps you updated on tickling sites all around the web.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back