• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

So Bush almost got the boot...

melanie2

4th Level Blue Feather
or anyway..two size ten shoes thrown at him by an Iraqi reporter..throwing shoes or showing shoe bottoms being a sign of great disrespect and a huge insult...do you think he wasn't too thrilled with old Bush? and he missed...hmm

The guy was lucky, the news I watched zoomed in on Bush telling his Secret Service dude to stand down. I still think it was pretty brazen of Bush to make a surprise visit to Iraq, his downplaying of the incident could have made things a lot worse and is it just me or did the Iraqi president not bat an eyelash or flinch an inch when the first and then the second shoe was thrown: almost like he might have expected this to happen... That being said if Bush/Obama are true to their word and move the U.S. troops out of Iraq and into Afghanistan where our Canadian troops just lost another 3 to an I.E.D. then I think that's good.

I don't care what anyone thinks, Bush has some pretty good reflexes for his age to dodge those shoes XP

I don't care what anyone thinks, Bush has some pretty good reflexes for his age to dodge those shoes XP

That's what I thought when I watched. Whiel the Iraqi PM made a half-assed block attempt, Bush just ninja dodged both shoes.

Well, he's gotten alotta rest. As the U.S. President with the most vacation-time ever spent in office(despite two wars and a tanking economy), he's feeling and looking quite dapper.

uh o please...age is irrelevant..anyone could dodge huge ass shoes like that thrown at them...but how on earth did the guy miss that pumpkin size head??

He's just lucky he didn't upset any of the Spice Girls (women?)

I'm just upset the guy missed...and the fact that the guy didn't have the common sense to use a flamethrower instead of his shoes. ^_~

lol ^ and ^^...it's a great insult in Iraq to throw shoes at someone..but i do agree...

i watched the HBO orginal series "House of Saddam" and i can understand why the reporter did what he did..before this last war, Baghdad was a beautiful city..now look at the devastation still lingering there..i'm not condoning Saddam at all..yuck..but we certainly destroyed a country..and it's not back to normal yet...

ROFLMAO... When I saw this on the news, I laughed myself into tears. I wish that reporter would've hit his ass with both shoes.

If it was me, I would've thrown bricks instead of shoes.

I too laughed, but it was interesting to see it happen. Apparently throwing your shoes at somebody is the Iraqi equivilent of a double-flip off accompanied by saying what you plan to do to someone's mother :weird: And yeah, I was actually kinda *begrugingly says* impressed with the guys' reflexes...

~K

Well, this settles it.

Bush is the One.

Can't you see? He's faster than even his own agents!!

I'm just upset the guy missed...and the fact that the guy didn't have the common sense to use a flamethrower instead of his shoes. ^_~

I doubt the guy would have even had time to pull the thing out and actually start a threat, let alone USE a flamethrower.

However if I had the time of day I'd soooooooo go find that spoof of the "Boot to the head" episode of the Frantics and put it somehow into what almost happend to Bush.xD

Too bad it wasn't a shoe bomb. Bush may be a terrible President, the worst even, but Jon Stewart had a point, alot of comedy goes away with him. He's like the satirists wet dream, you really just gotta wait to see what he's gonna do or say next! A great era of comedy ends with his terrible Presidency.
Lewis Black: Dick Cheney. (Audiance laughs) I'm glad we are at this point where I just need to mention his name.

See, that's so true. I'll miss shit like That's My Bush, or L'il Bush, or all the political cartoons and stuff. Obama will be a better president (my bottlecap collection would be), but he won't be half as funny.

Too bad it wasn't a shoe bomb. Bush may be a terrible President, the worst even, but Jon Stewart had a point, alot of comedy goes away with him. He's like the satirists wet dream, you really just gotta wait to see what he's gonna do or say next! A great era of comedy ends with his terrible Presidency.
Lewis Black: Dick Cheney. (Audiance laughs) I'm glad we are at this point where I just need to mention his name.

Well considering that most comedians would rather drink rat poison than do a skit about Obama John Stewart is correct. Just look at all the PC flak that SNL took doing that Paterson skit. I don't recall any bellyaching over the Stevie Wonder skits. When the next term starts political comedy will be dead because no comedians will have the balls to lampoon their political allies. It doesn't really take any guts to lampoon a republican.

Well considering that most comedians would rather drink rat poison than do a skit about Obama John Stewart is correct. Just look at all the PC flak that SNL took doing that Paterson skit. I don't recall any bellyaching over the Stevie Wonder skits. When the next term starts political comedy will be dead because no comedians will have the balls to lampoon their political allies. It doesn't really take any guts to lampoon a republican.

Then the mantle falls to me to crack wise about our president-to-be. A burden, but a merry one.

Ah, the DUB wheels I'm going to need to photoshop into the motorcade...

See, that's so true. I'll miss shit like That's My Bush, or L'il Bush, or all the political cartoons and stuff. Obama will be a better president (my bottlecap collection would be), but he won't be half as funny.

Sam's Bottle-Caps 2009 isn't as catchy. :/

Heard on the radio (100.1 FM; WNIR for all Ohioans in the vacinity) that the Iraqui reporter wasn't theowing them at BUSH. He was throwing them at the PRESIDENT.
From another (... Liberal? sorry, I stay out of polotics for good reason) Standpoint, the media kinda took respect for the president to a new low with the reign of Bush.
That's all I got to say about that, and Obama might have a hard time saving the reputation of the position of Commander-In-Chief. Also heard that people were trying to get him Impeached, ALREADY... but I also heard that Obama's a welcome breath of fresh Air... come to think of it, a Dirty Sock would be a breath of Fresh-Air after the last 8 years.

That's my 2 cents I got from the Radio-Machine. Discuss?

True. Obama is a sane, reasonable and competant leader but how funny can that be! If the President is doing a good job where's the humour in that! Had Sarah Palin ever been Prez our country would be doomed yes, but we wouldn't go with a bang or a whimper we'd all go out having a good laugh! That Iraqi shoe throwing guy is apparantly some kind of hero and seen as an avenger. To me that seems like a bit of a stretch, "You destroyed my country and dehumanized my people through torture, well take that! Now we are even! Not enough here comes the other shoe!" Yes it's too bad he missed after all that :(. At least in Albania someone managed to steal his watch and that preztel he ate almost defeated him. Too bad it didn't, I'd have given that pretzel a parade!

George W. Bush defeated by a pretzel? I don't recall him running against a pretzel. I certainly would have voted for it!

When I first saw it I thought it was a spoof on Youtube. But when I realized it was real I found it incredibly funny. But I think it was also very symbolic.

In the Arab world throwing a show, or even showing the sole of a shoe is one of the worst insults a person could receive, and he didn't get it. Actually, he made jokes about it and belittled it. Which is why we have been having such issues in the Arab world, he feels he knows what is best for them without understanding a single thing about them.

That being said, I so wanted one of the shoes to hit. Maybe not directly into his face, but hit something. That was a mean little tease.

it was meant for the President of Iraq? damn that guy needs glasses then..

What's New

5/3/2024
If you need to report a post, click the report button to its lower left.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** LadyInternet ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back