• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

So I Am STILL Embarassed To Say It!

Sunriseticklee

3rd Level Orange Feather
Ok, so this week I am at the IRA Conference (International Reading Association), and it has been absolutely awesome! It is a book lovers and educators dream! And all week long tickle talk has been going on. Maybe there are more teachers like us than I first thought!

Finally, on the third day (yesterday), I break my vow to NOT buy any books. Yeah, why I made it? I do not know. That's like saying I'm going to stop blinking or something. I walk pass an author who is doing a signing, and she leaps up, grabs me, and says, "You HAVE to get this book!"

The book is called "Giggly Wiggly Worms: A Wriggly Finger Puppet Book", and the arm snatching author's name is Neecy Twinem.

It took me less than a minute to read the book and decide with a secretive grin that I would purchase it and would like her to autograph it. I tell her to make it out to my husband "Alexwarfield", and after she laughs and remarks on how cute that is, she asks me wryly, "Does your husband like worms?"

I could have replied ever so honestly, "No, but he loves to tickle me!" And I JUST could not say it! ME!? STILL EMBARASSED! Instead, I say, "No, he likes the other thing." (Yeah, I'm soooo cool in pressure situations!)

And I have never seen anyone laugh so hard! (Well... except for, you know!)

When she finally composed herself, Ms. Twinem squeaked, "I've never heard of that before!" and signed, "Keep giggling & Keep wriggling!" Best Wishes Neecy Twinem '08! "He will definitely know what that means!" she chuckled and gave me a wink.

Ok, so I did neglect to tell you what the story was all about. I am a teacher after all! I guess you will have to go and discovery the "Giggly Wiggly Worms" on your own.

In the meantime, I will try not to STILL blush when I hear or have to say the word "tickle".

This post is dedicated to those of you who truly understand. :twohugs:

Sunriseticklee
Live, Laugh, and Tickle

Thank you for sharing these thoughts Sunriseticklee. Well said and I know many can/will relate to it. <<<<----

Very nice to see you posting here again, Sunriseticklee. :wavingguy
It sounds like an extremely interesting book, too. :D

I totally recognize that, I can't say the word "tickle" without going red as a
firetruck in the face xP
But hey, at least we're discrete about it ;D

Sounds like a good book too, hope you guys enjoy it :D

I'm a teacher and I'm familiar with this book as well, but I have yet to read it. Now I'll have to go check it out. And I'm positive you've heard of Shel Silverstein's musings, "Ickel Me, Pickle Me, Tickle Me Too" and "Ticklish Tom".

It's funny, I've read these to my students and I keep thinking to myself, "If they only knew..." Don't worry, I still have a hard time with the T word too. ;)

Last edited:
hmmm maybe I am just weird but I never have an issue saying tickle, in any form of the word... lol

In the meantime, I will try not to STILL blush when I hear or have to say the word "tickle".

This post is dedicated to those of you who truly understand. :twohugs:

Sunriseticklee
Live, Laugh, and Tickle

You're killing me CeCe!! After all my work! LOL
The real question is: Would you have been able to buy "The Tickle Tree" or "Tickleoctopus" if they were there? http://www.ticklingforum.com/images/icons/icon7.gif
Smile

Yeah and it makes me really uncomfortable as well! I know how you guys feel. :triangle:

The T Word

Hello everyone!

Thanks for responding to my slightly embarrassing experience.

Tero, I feel so guilty for shaming you! :upsidedow LOL. I honestly thought I was fearless, dauntless! More than likely, since I am being truthful, if the book was entitled "The Tickle Tree" or "Tickleoctopus", I probably would have made some excuse about having to go to my next session, and would have told her that I would return later. Which I probably would to purchase it when less people were around, but I would NOT ask her to sign it. That's just so sad. LOL I am still surprised at myself since I thought I was past those feelings.

Pennylane, I am familiar with (and have enjoyed) the other titles; however, there was this book by Sesame Street with Grover being tickled WAY before the era of Elmo. I remember reading it as a child over and over and over, and I have never seen it since. I've been trying to locate it just for nostalgia sake. Plus, I am a HUGE book collector. (Bibliophile and Ticklephile)

Nice to hear from you all (hugs GeneralZod, milagros317). Thanks for the encouraging words PokeyinMich

Love ya!

Sunny

PS... Alex and I were playing TABOO (the game where you use a card and try to get people to say what is on the card without using the actual words) with both our mothers, and of course I got the one that said "tickle".

I said, "What you like to do to me." He said "tickle" immediately. My mother, who knows, laughed her booty off, and his mother just looked confused. I was equally embarrassed then too, but I'm a huge competitor so I'd rather win than pass! Doesn't that take courage? :woot: Ok, I can see now that I'm not getting back any cool points.

me 2

wen i was a kid, my father would always tickle me if anyone ever said the word "tickle", even if it was something like "tickle your fancy" or something. and so whenever i hear someone say tickle i flex my belly, as a reflex, and get very red in the face,

haha glad im not alone.

Door 44 Productions
What's New

4/27/2024
Visit Clips4Sale for the webs largest clip store! Get details by clicking the C4S banners
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back