• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

So I was almost home when......

kered

Verified
.....a young girl heading for work lost control of her car on the wet pavement and T-Boned my Chevy S-10. Fortunately nobody was hurt. She scraped her bumper and broke some lights on the driver side. I however, had the bed caved in, tire split, wheel bent, drive shaft pulled from the tranny, and broken springs over the axle. It was just an unfortunate accident but she couldn't have hit the truck more perfectly to do so much damage. This is my first time so........has this happened to you and what kind of nightmares should I expect from the insurance companies?

The funniest part of this story is I only had four payments to go. I have the feeling I'm gonna get screwed.

Oh man thats blows big time.I can tell you i got rear ended by an off duty cop is his own car and the cop that took the accident report just happend to know the guy that hit me.Need i tell you who got shafted on that deal?Since it was my word against his,his insurance company refused to fix my car.My company did all they could but it was no dice.This is not like your problem of course,but i hope you come out of it better then i did. :rant:

Not necessarily. Who's at fault? What did the police say? There's a report right?

You were insured? Was she insured? It shouldn't matter about the payments on the truck. If she's at fault her insurance company will pay for all the damages, and you should get a nice looking truck out of this. If it's totaled, then her insurance co. will pay out the blue book cost of the truck.

Are you sure no injuries?

I had a similar incident a couple of years ago. Some kid from Ohio sailed through a blinking red light at 1:30 AM and plowed into my Ford Ranger hard enough to make me lose control momentarily. Of course, my light was blinking yellow which required only caution, not a stop. His insurance company didn't want to pay me because they said I was driving too fast (5 miles under posted speed limit) to be considered to have exercised the proper caution required. My insurance company took them to an arbitration and won, thankfully.

But it did teach me, that if the opponent's insurance company even thinks there's a possibility to wriggle out of a settlement, they'll do their best to expoit it.

Kered, it sucks this happened to you, especially with only four more payments. I hope you get a fair shake.

I had two accidents with my old Ford Ranger one accident was with a friend of mine. His insurance company gave the repair shop that I took my truck to and copy of their estimate implying that they would pick up all charges, however once the repairs were done and it was time for them to pick up the bill they found reason to fault me with the accident even though the police cited him for failure to stop at a stop light so my insurance company paid their end and I had to make up for another 700 smackers to get my truck out. After which I went to arbitration but they were going to charge me even more for a hearing. His insurance company paid me back for the rental I used and I had to drop it at that. The second accident was 6 mos after I paid it off and I hit some black ice, hit a telephone pole, bent the frame and everything. Totaled. I've never been madder.. :disgust: So I feel your pain man.. Just make sure that if her insurance company says that they'll pay for damages, that it's etched in concrete.. Hope it all works out. Accident are such a pain.. :rant:

damn big brother..so glad you didn't get hurt. if she is at fault, then her insurance company has the responsibility..david got rear ended once, thus pushing his car under the truck in front of him..totaled the car, but fortunately he wasn't too badly hurt..and their insurance came through..

Illtcklu said:
Not necessarily. Who's at fault? What did the police say? There's a report right?

You were insured? Was she insured? It shouldn't matter about the payments on the truck. If she's at fault her insurance company will pay for all the damages, and you should get a nice looking truck out of this. If it's totaled, then her insurance co. will pay out the blue book cost of the truck.

Are you sure no injuries?
Yeah Bud, no injuries. We are both insured. She told the police she was at fault(her second accident) and there is a police report. I notified my insurance man and will visit him tomorrow with all the information and papers the cop gave me. It happened right when most offices had just closed around here and I have an accident rental clause if I need transportation.

I figure most of the damage underneath the truck was from being pushed sideways over the high curb.

Blue book, huh. It is a 2002 with about 23,500 miles on it. Maybe it is not so bad. The cop is a friend of mine and we occasionally have cocktails and watch sports on the big screen at our favorite watering hole.

Very low miles on the truck too. that sucks. you probably could have sold it for more private sale than what youll get on the blue book. just a side note. i had this happen to me once. at the point of impact, did it force a release of gas out of you? just curious. :idunno:

wow, that completely blows. hopefully you will get a fair deal from the insurance company. i got rear ended once and my insurance company kind of screwed me, it wasnt bad, but i got tapped in the rear of my mustang while i was stopped at a red light and this silly girl who wasnt paying attention just drove right into me. all it did was dent the bumper and bend the rear valance panel (yet did about 1500.00 in damage to her toyota celica) , it wasnt that big of a deal, but my car was all original ford metal, and the insurance company would only pay for korean made replacement parts, not original ford, even though i had full collision coverage and the original ford parts were available. needless to say i wasnt about to put korean made anything on a 1970 mustang so i had to dish out the extra for the original ford parts. best of luck to you Kered, i hope your insurance company values your business more than mine did! :wavingguy

maniactickler said:
Very low miles on the truck too. that sucks. you probably could have sold it for more private sale than what youll get on the blue book. just a side note. i had this happen to me once. at the point of impact, did it force a release of gas out of you? just curious. :idunno:

Maniac.....I wasn't forced. I released freely and of my own will. Though I think I said, "Oh Shit!!!"

Izzy.......I'm OK. I've had bigger thrills falling off a bar stool.

Lionhart....I'll keep my eyes open!

She did admit it was her fault to the cop for the accident report so we shall just have to wait and see. And before anyone asks if I was angry, I didn't have a chance to be. She is very pretty.*It is all explained in my signature quote*

Last edited:
Glad you are ok pal. I actually was going to come that way today but went East instead. don't know that it would have helped anyway. What if it had happened after visiting the Mark Martin look-alike?

PokeyinMich said:
Glad you are ok pal. I actually was going to come that way today but went East instead. don't know that it would have helped anyway. What if it had happened after visiting the Mark Martin look-alike?
I would literally be up shit creek, Jim. I was thinking about stopping for a beer after work but decided to go on home. I think I shoulda gone for the beer.

I've always had good luck with my insurance companies and I wish the same for you kered. Keep us posted bud.

Since i don't know anything about insurance companies, :) the last thing i can do is voice out my relief that you got out of it safe and sound with "only" number problems my friend! ;)

Glad to see you weren't hurt Did you have clean underwear on? Like Bill Cosby said when you are about to get hit by another vehicle "First you say it Then you do it" :p

Im glad your OK Kered. The car, as financially painful as it might be...you can always take care of it. But just be careful the next couple of days Kered. If you start having weird pains, or headaches or any type of aches...get them checked out as soon as you can.

Im hoping for the best for ya dude!

Rob

I've had good and bad experiences with insurance companies honey~but this looks pretty good for you~so glad you're safe!
XOXO

Good Gawd!!! You'll do anything to get out of coming to visit me!

Seriously though... glad to hear you're okay. Damn... my heart almost stopped when I was reading your post. It's good to know you came out okay.

Like Rob said... watch it for the next little bit... stiffness... sore spots... anything out of the ordinary... stuff like that there...
Looks like you'll come out of this with a new rig or at least a check to cover the cost your old one was worth... blue book value of course.

Ya know... 3 years ago... a car I was a passenger in was T-boned... my side. They took me out on a stretcher with one of those cute collars around my neck. I was the only one who was hurt. A month later the fella that was driving (my driver) had a new car... I got absolutely nothing... except for these wonderful whiplash headaches I get four to six times a month... still... after 3 years. It sucked to be a passenger but it rocked to be the driver.

It sure is great hearing that you're okay. I'm gonna do my best to remember to call you tomorrow. I wanna hear for myself that you're okay.

Hugs Sweetie!

The General brought up a good point, kids. Always put on clean underwear in case you get into a wreck so the nurses cutting your clothes off in the emergency room won't be grossed out.

Rob, I'll keep tabs on aches and pains. I don't expect any though. I've had better spins on the tilt-a whirl at the county fair.

Steph called me honey again!!

Lynnie-Poo, I hope I have your luck.

Tina..........I don't know what to say. Maybe the fates don't want us to meet for coffee........but my nature is to temp fate and I'm feeling a little stubborn this morning. Two old farts like us will figure something out.

To everyone else thank you for your advice and concern. I'll keep it in mind.

kered said:
Tina..........I don't know what to say. Maybe the fates don't want us to meet for coffee........but my nature is to temp fate and I'm feeling a little stubborn this morning. Two old farts like us will figure something out.

Well I see the problem here. You should be meeting for "tea."

lk70 said:
Well I see the problem here. You should be meeting for "tea."
Everytime I meet someone for "tea" you start feeling left out and I don't want to hurt your feelings. Someday we will all meet and drink vast amounts of "tea" and drink to Nascar, friendship and Pokey can buy the first round.

Now for day two........no rental car until tomorrow. My agent will foot the bill and give it to her insurance company after their investigation is complete. My guy says so far it looks good. Went to get a few things out of the truck I need for work and a guy who appraises wrecks for a living would bet his ass my truck will be totaled. I guess he could be right since he's done this for twenty years. My agent looked up the Blue Book value of the truck and it comes to about 8200 bucks. We'll see.

My boss took me to a local dealer to look at new and used cars and trucks. Things look promising for me with the slump in car sales. The dealer is also married to my first cousin, so I'll put a little bug in her ear if I need to beat him down on prices. It looks as good as it could be for my situation.

I'm just waiting for the other shoe to drop.

kered said:
Everytime I meet someone for "tea" you start feeling left out and I don't want to hurt your feelings. Someday we will all meet and drink vast amounts of "tea" and drink to Nascar, friendship and Pokey can buy the first round.

I don't feel left out if I get to make crank calls to the participants.

As for the rest of it, so far so good! Try to forget about that other shoe, dude. It doesn't always drop.

lk70 said:
As for the rest of it, so far so good! Try to forget about that other shoe, dude. It doesn't always drop.

Sound advice from a smart lady.

Insurance companies can run you ragged. Getting the vehicle fixed is a pain in the ass. Buying a new one is a hassle. But all things considered, you walked away and the only thing that was hurt was a piece of metal. And that's what is most important. Just glad you're ok, kered.

Thanks Slacker! And again to you, Lynn.

Day three.........Insurance guy guarantees rental car on phone this morning. Rental office run by moron. Moron says there was a "snafu". I say to Moron if this is a car rental place, shouldn't Moron have at least one car on property in case it needs rented? After all, Moron was notified yesterday morning. Moron says I'll have a car by 5pm. As I type this it is 4:41pm. I am beginning to doubt Moron.

5:45pm. Just got off the phone with a seemingly nice lady who runs the car rental franchise here and will "definately" have some wheels for me tomorrow.

And what am I thinking?.............

What's New

5/6/2024
Check out Clips4Sale for the webs largest one-stop fetish clip store!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back