• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Song of the Day

Uriah Heep. 1970.

Hey Bugman, I must confess, I never had any Uriah Heep (though I always thought they had a great name, like Jethro Tull! I always wanted to to name a band similarly: Simon Legree....or Gaven Blod, which was a Benny Hill character!), it was a band that slipped through the cracks, I'm sure you know what I mean. Anyways, I didn't know this song, which I found very poignant....and I think we all feel that way. I understand why you posted it.

Musically: I particularly love the mellotron intro!

Hey Bugman, I must confess, I never had any Uriah Heep (though I always thought they had a great name, like Jethro Tull! I always wanted to to name a band similarly: Simon Legree....or Gaven Blod, which was a Benny Hill character!), it was a band that slipped through the cracks, I'm sure you know what I mean. Anyways, I didn't know this song, which I found very poignant....and I think we all feel that way. I understand why you posted it.

Musically: I particularly love the mellotron intro!

I've always thought is was a great name for a band. Heep is a character from Dickens David Copperfield. A very underrated band of that era in my opinion. Caught them live once, must have been 1975 or 76. Fantastic show.

And oh, do I love me some Tull, also from a Dickens novel. Saw them twice. The second show was at Arrowhead Stadium in Kansas City. The opening bands were Robin Trower and Todd Rundgren. One of the best concerts I've ever seen.

I've always thought is was a great name for a band. Heep is a character from Dickens David Copperfield. A very underrated band of that era in my opinion. Caught them live once, must have been 1975 or 76. Fantastic show.

And oh, do I love me some Tull, also from a Dickens novel. Saw them twice. The second show was at Arrowhead Stadium in Kansas City. The opening bands were Robin Trower and Todd Rundgren. One of the best concerts I've ever seen.

Whoah! Which tour?!! Robin Trower, there's an underrated guitarist! (actually, Martin Barre from Tull, there's an underrated guitarist....he's not even rated!) And Todd! Or as John Lennon once called him: Sodd Runtlestuntle! LOL!!!!! That's some bill!

Whoah! Which tour?!! Robin Trower, there's an underrated guitarist! (actually, Martin Barre from Tull, there's an underrated guitarist....he's not even rated!) And Todd! Or as John Lennon once called him: Sodd Runtlestuntle! LOL!!!!! That's some bill!

Hmm, must have been the summer of 1978. The show of the year by far in KC, nothing else came close. I remember walking across one of the vast parking lots and seeing license plates from all over the country. Hell, for KC it might have been the show of the decade.

Yeah, Trower never got the respect he deserved if you ask me. Same with Martin Barre, but Ian Anderson overshadowed everyone in the band. And what can you say about Rundgren. Brilliant guitarist, writer, producer, the whole package.

Last edited:
Here's another band from back then with a great name, Mott the Hoople. Yet another Dickens character. They never had much success on this side of the pond, with the exception of this song.

Oh, sorry if I'm sidetracking the thread. I get a kick out of talking about this old stuff.

You're not sidetracking the thread, buddy! :) I don't own this space!

Haha, thanks man. :) Talking about all these old English bands brought something to mind I'd not thought about in years. I'm sure you remember Dream Weaver, a top hit in 1976 by former Spooky Tooth keyboardist Gary Wright. I saw that putz live that summer, he was playing two shows in one night at the old Memorial Hall in K.C.K.

His majesty rolls in an hour and a half late, plays four songs and walks off the stage. Then the lights came up and they kicked us out for the second show. Talk about a bunch of pissed off people. Asshole cop in the hallway wouldn't even let me use the bathroom. Think I went home and tossed that album in the trash. Hell, Dream Weaver was the only decent cut on it anyway.

Never been a Disco fan, but I did (and do) love the late Donna Summer. If this song doesn't get you moving, check your pulse. R.I.P. Donna. We love you and miss you. :dropatear

Never been a Disco fan, but I did (and do) love the late Donna Summer. If this song doesn't get you moving, check your pulse. R.I.P. Donna. We love you and miss you. :dropatear

That I will take umbrage at, however....it's "Song" of the day...not songs! :)

lol!

Once again, lest it be obscured because it's a great one...pertinent......featuring a pre-Zeppelin John Paul Jones....and very much my song of the day......it's been with me all day......

Donovan: Get Thy Bearings

Well, it was going to be classical today, you know, Sunday and all.....but upon seeing all the great new music threads started early this morning....the only song that fits has got to be: "My Kind Of Town"! (but done wacky!)

The Reverend Fred Lane with Ron Pate's Debonairs: My Kind Of Town (Chicago Is)
(see attached mp3 below)
fredlane.jpg

Attachments

• My Kind Of Town (Chicago Is).mp3
    4.6 MB
Mozart: Quintet for Clarinet & Strings in A Major K. 581

Last edited:
What's New

5/12/2024
There will be Trivia in our Chat Room this Sunday evening at 11PM EDT. Join us!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back