• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Spam: The Food, Not Trolling

PAINTEDakiGREEN

TMF Poster
What are your thoughts on it?
Airi is standing behind me threatening me with her finger at my side, yet again, to make a thread about spam.

I, myself, find it disgusting. I liked it when I was younger, and my dad would always make it. Now, though, if I even smell it, I feel like getting sick.

Once, at a church camp, we had a contest to see how far we could throw spam. They even had a spam eating contest. Now, I'd like to inform you, I'm not Christian. Not that it had anything to do with the disgusting spam and meat themed camp.

I like the new SPAM slices. Better than the cans. They're good when you're out in the field camping or hunting. Hormel even has 'less sodium'.

If you're against spam, I wonder how you would feel about a Pennsylvania staple....Scrapple. It was orginally made with...ready, the leftover scraps of the pig. It's now made with lean pork loin with spices and oatmeal. It doesn't hold up well without refrigeration, but does cook up well.

Spam slices sound just as gross as the canned chunk of it. But Scrapple sounds sufficiently disgusting as well.

I've just realized of the existence of such a thing. :blink

Honestly, I dont know how you can eat that.

I love spam. >.>

I also live in Hawaii, which is considered the holiest of bastions for the product, so that probably has something to do with it. ^_^;;

Though, I can see how many people don't like it. It's certainly not the Champion of all Meatendom, and definitely isn't the tastiest thing out there. Guess it's more of an acquired taste. That, and the local creations we have here that include the ingredient really makes up for its low quality. A few spam-musubi after coming back in from a long swim at the beach really completes the day. :)

Very Nasty Raw but fried with some mustard isnt so bad - I havent had in it in a long time - I always give it funny looks at the store lol Im not sure why I do that lol

Well it isn't just the taste. For me, spam is so horrible because of what's it's made of. I don't really want to know everything in it so I haven't researched it, but my brother would always tease me about it when I was little. He, being the oldest, taught me how to tease, btw. Haha ;)

But yes, he'd always try to gross me out... and it would ALWAYS work. Haha >.< Because of him, I'm still getting used to eating potatoes.

I've heard of both Spam and Scrapple, but never had either.

I do like Taylor ham. A bagel with taylor ham and cheese is a typical NJ breakfast.

You live in NJ and have never had either Spam or scrapple? Scrapple is a staple food in Philly. Come to the Reading Terminal to the Down Home Diner or any other diner in Philadelphia. I have eaten other meat that most people would cringe....rabbit, deer, ground hog, squirrel, pheasant, quail. Our ancestors ate whatever was available, that's how they survived.
I love either meat with fried eggs, toast and hash browns. Damn, I just made me hungry.

You live in NJ and have never had either Spam or scrapple? Scrapple is a staple food in Philly. Come to the Reading Terminal to the Down Home Diner or any other diner in Philadelphia.

Yup, should I be hanging my head in shame?

You can't have spam, spam, spam, eggs and spam without the spam!

Sorry... Channeling Monty Python there.

Hell no, but don't deny me some good roadside Jersey tomatoes and corn on the cob. Of course, anything new is looked down on, I have always been an explorer for food. I will not touch Japanese (sushi), Tex-Mex (I told relish heartburn or the runs), anything with curry or with a lot of sauce.

I was raised on scrapple. Bacon, too. Never turned down either. I can even devour corned-beef hash and fried eggs. That turns off the wife. Yea!

I'll take a succulently spiced and medium well t-bone over a cruddy old can o'spam anyday of the week! ^_^

I was raised on scrapple. Bacon, too. Never turned down either. I can even devour corned-beef hash and fried eggs. That turns off the wife. Yea!

LOL. Someone's gonna have a heart attack when he's 60! I do loves me some good bacon, eggs, and biscuits though. I recommend trying home made Amish biscuits with Amish butter and trust me...YOU HAVE NOT LIVED TILL YOU'VE TASTED A HOME MADE AMISH APPLE PIE (again, made with Amish butter). ^_^

My mom actually makes a really good sandwich just by grinding up spam, mixing it wtih similarly ground up Velveeta cheese, and putting it on a bun and heating them up. So simple, so good.... but not very filling... you could snuffle 6 of them before you even begin to feel full.

What's New

5/20/2024
Visit the TMF Welcome forum and take a moment to say hello to us all!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** LadyInternet ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back