• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Suicide, what keeping you from offing yourself? (Morbid)

I might miss something.
Besides, there's no future in it.

Originally Posted by Korastus
"Theres not really any dignity in death. It's a sad, unpleasant, ugly process, no matter how it happens, when it happens, or to whom it happens.
We can live with dignity. We can't die with it."

All that's born is destanined to die. Everything dies. It's part of life.

Last edited:
That's a terrible assumption to make.

If I'm in the wrong for generalizing suicide as cowardly, then you are also in the wrong for assuming you know me when you absolutely do not.

When I was a teen, I contemplated suicide and could have easily gone through with it. Then I came to and allowed logic to take over.

10 years and a hell of alot of expierences later (many which could be percieved as 'traumatic'), I'm still here.

So there goes your 'don't knock it until you try it' angle.

Yes, you're right, they're very emotional.

And people often make bad decisions when they're overly emotional.

It's usually better to keep a level head than follow all and any emotions on a whim.

Now granted, some people can't help a suicidal state of mind, but there is an obvious difference between somone who suffers from depression or bipolar disorder (or a similar disease) and the average Joe who offs themselves because they lost their job (or some other equally bad reason).

Again, a bad assumption to make.

Fair enough. I am generalizing as I usually do.

Although I don't understand how my opinion on the subect is somehow minimized simply because I lack sympathy/empathy.

Yes I do, because I'm alive.

In any event, I'm not saying that I'm right and you're wrong, because I am often wrong and could very well be in this case.

I just choose not to justify suicide (because it's a terrible choice to make) and so I call it like I see it.

v/r

I'm glad that you were able to make the choice to look at things logically and not kill yourself. But I stand by my statement that you have no idea where a person who attempts suicide's head is at. You were able, through whatever avenues available to you, outside influences or on your own, keep yourself from getting to that point. That's a really great thing, and I'm happy that you did it, but I stand by my statement that you do not know what you're talking about. You've clearly been closer than some, but to say that you've been there is inaccurate. Contemplating suicide and attempting suicide are extremely different. It's like strapping on the parachute vs actually jumping out of the plane. You might think about it, even obsess over it, prepare for it, plan for it -- but until you actually get up there and do it, you don't know.

I am not trying to minimize your pain or what you went through. I'm sorry that you found yourself in such a position. I'm sure it was very painful. But again, it's not the same.

I am not trying to minimize your pain or what you went through. I'm sorry that you found yourself in such a position. I'm sure it was very painful. But again, it's not the same.

That's the thing, in logical hindsight it wasn't. At the time I was just a punk little teen crying over spilt milk. If I would have killed myself, it would have been a terrible error in judgment (and I too have had to talk with others who were suicidal and/or attempted it, but I won't bore you with those experiences :D).

Having had to sit through a number of mandatory suicide prevention classes and having dealt with suicidal people, I know that it is true what they say:

Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem.

So unless someone suffers from a serious mental disorder (like being bipolar), I'll never be convinced of otherwise.

Now that I have wasted enough of everyone's time, I think I'll stop. And next time I'll just stand by my intial short and succint statments like 'suicide is for pussies' instead of rambling on. :D

v/r

That's the thing, in logical hindsight it wasn't. At the time I was just a punk little teen crying over spilt milk. If I would have killed myself, it would have been a terrible error in judgment (and I too have had to talk with others who were suicidal and/or attempted it, but I won't bore you with those experiences :D).

So, by your own admission, what you went through and the reasons you were contemplating suicide were minimal and not really serious issues. And yet you dare to sit there and act like you know what someone who is truly suicidal is thinking? Do you really not see the contradiction there?

Having had to sit through a number of mandatory suicide prevention classes and having dealt with suicidal people, I know that it is true what they say:

Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem.

Sitting in a class and hearing someone talk about how they attempted suicide and or thought about attempting suicide is NOT the same thing as dealing with a person who is actively suicidal. It is NOT the same thing as intervening an in-process suicide attempt. And it certainly does not make you any type of an expert on what a truly suicidal person is thinking and feeling.

So unless someone suffers from a serious mental disorder (like being bipolar), I'll never be convinced of otherwise.

Do you think that someone who attempts or commits suicide isn't suffering from a serious mental disorder? Really? Just because someone doesn't say they're mentally ill doesn't mean they aren't. Furthermore, just because someone isn't diagnosed mentally ill does not mean they aren't. Someone who attempts or commits suicide is, without any shadow of a doubt, suffering from some type of psychological dysfunction. Just because it hasn't existed for the past months or years doesn't make it nonexistent. That is the very difference between an acute and chronic condition.

Now that I have wasted enough of everyone's time, I think I'll stop. And next time I'll just stand by my intial short and succint statments like 'suicide is for pussies' instead of rambling on. :D

v/r

It's probably best that you don't try and defend such idiotic and heartless comments in the future. It'd be better if you would refrain from making them entirely, but we'll take what we can get.

Since you've taken it upon yourself to send me a rude pm, I'll expand upon it further since you seem to lack understanding of the opposing position thus far. You said you don't understand why your "opinion on the subect (sic) is somehow minimized simply because you lack the sympathy/empathy". I responded as such directly to your reply and, really, to your replies thusfar. At this point I think Skipadeedoodah has covered it well, but I'll explain myself regardless.

Depression is a mental illness that can affect people differently, though they nearly always share the same symptoms, including thoughts of suicide. Many times it really is just a thought, and they are fortunate enough to find help or be in the right state of mind to see it's not a good idea. Even though it's characterized by a jumble of misplaced or missing brain chemicals, I would say a lot of us see it as something of an emotional issue because it's all in feeling. There are no body defects visible to be spoke of. In your own statement, you claim you lack empathy, which is the understanding of knowing exactly how someone feels and what position they are in and why they are doing something. As you say you lack understanding of why they would off themselves because you view it "as a cowards way out", that is simply why I posted that's why it answers itself. I find it would be very hard to understand if you can't empathize with the person.

So definitely, thanks for asking me why I posted what I did to gain an understanding of my position. Oh wait.

Not everyone deals with depression/life the same. While it's clear that a lot of us have been through some shitty times and have maybe even thought about saying "I'm done," we obviously didn't because of whatever reason.

Some people do go that route, like my friends that I had mentioned, and it pains me to know that they felt that they had no other choice. I didn't feel that way. I had a choice and I'm thankful for that. Some of these people really do feel that they have nothing or nobody and that makes me sad. Sure, I felt angry when my friends took their lives but anger is a normal part of grieving. I felt angry when cancer took my mother as well. Still do actually.

But for me, I can't judge someone for what they do because to put it simply, I've never walked a mile in their shoes.

Very little,

but ultimately, it's all ethereal. I refrain from taking my life because of the ethereal beings that love me, and I them. (Not for people. Never for people.) I bide my time here in the physical until it is my time to transfer to the Ethers, and leave this nightmare behind.

So, by your own admission, what you went through and the reasons you were contemplating suicide were minimal and not really serious issues. And yet you dare to sit there and act like you know what someone who is truly suicidal is thinking? Do you really not see the contradiction there?

What contradiction?

AT THE TIME it felt like it was the end of my world. NOW it doesn't.

Such is the case with many suicide attempts.

Many suicidal people lack: PERSPECTIVE. I'm sure I said this in one of my prior posts.

'Time heals all wounds'... 'This too shall pass'... 'enter cliche here'

What don't you understand about the concept that 'normal people' can suffer one bad/day event and then end their potential-filled lives, when in actuality that lone event is almost meaningless? (And if you do understand it then why are we arguing??? Just because I'm 'not nice'???) :shrug:

Suicide is not something only people who suffer from [chronic] mental disorders do.

I've known many outstanding people who have taken their lives or attempted to do so because their girlfriends leave them or some other untrivial event.

What those people who are suicidal usually fail to realize is that life can go on even after the perceived 'world ending event'.

That's why suicide is a terrible decision and that's why I call it cowardly.

Sitting in a class and hearing someone talk about how they attempted suicide and or thought about attempting suicide is NOT the same thing as dealing with a person who is actively suicidal. It is NOT the same thing as intervening an in-process suicide attempt. And it certainly does not make you any type of an expert on what a truly suicidal person is thinking and feeling.

I'll say it again since you missed it the first time:

I've dealt with suicidal people. I don't feel the need to expand on that further to try and prove I'm better than anyone else, because I am most certainly not by any measure.

And no, I'm not an expert (nor did I ever claim to be) and I certainly didn't expect a bunch of other people to talk as if they're experts on the subject just because I have a differing ('not so nice') opinion than theirs.

Now granted, you're a smart woman and I'm just an asshole, which makes for a terrible combination, but what our argument here stems down to is I don't have a bleeding heart for all suicidal people and you do. Which is fine.

You're a woman and you have a heart. I'm a young man with a grinchy-sized heart.

I don't see how my opinion is somehow less than yours simply because I'm an asshole and you're nice. But don't worry, I'm not going to kill myself over this.

Do you think that someone who attempts or commits suicide isn't suffering from a serious mental disorder? Really? Just because someone doesn't say they're mentally ill doesn't mean they aren't. Furthermore, just because someone isn't diagnosed mentally ill does not mean they aren't. Someone who attempts or commits suicide is, without any shadow of a doubt, suffering from some type of psychological dysfunction. Just because it hasn't existed for the past months or years doesn't make it nonexistent. That is the very difference between an acute and chronic condition.

You seemed to have misuderstood my position, most likely since how I described it was inadequate.

Yes, depression/suicidal thoughts are symptoms of a psychological dysfunction. I never stated otherwise.

However, like you say, there is a difference between acute and chronic conditions.

Suicide is not limited to people with chronic depressive/suicidal tendencies (but you know this).

That was what I meant when I said '...I'll never be convinced of otherwise'.

Just because someone attempts suicide it does not mean they suffer from depression or bipolar disorder or any number of very real chemical imbalances. They could just be reacting very terribly emotionally (in the heat of the moment).

I don't know about you, but to me there is a vast difference between someone with a documented history of depression who then tries to take their own life and someone who is 'normal' for their whole life, then has one bad day/experience and takes their own life.

None of my comments have been directed at people with known disorders.

However, any [average non-chemically imbalanced] person who takes their own life because of one isolated incident is a different story, at least in my book.

Such people really have no excuse for taking their life, except really bad problem solving skills.

I really feel no need to feel sympathy for anyone who would end it all just because of one isolated incident (like losing money, a girlfriend, a job or any number of really untrivial and totally fixable issues which people kill themselves over).

For generic example: George Bailey wanting to kill himself in 'It's a Wonderful Life'. Why? He had a smokin' hot wife, family, friends and every other reason to live for. Attempting suicide was a terrible IDEA because it was beyond short sighted. Had he gone through with it, he would have been a total moron.

In real life there are plenty of similar examples of such behavior and to me those type of suicide attempts are the height of self-absorbed, short-sighted, cowardly, terribly emotional and irrational thinking.

v/r

Ah, deep coversations above.

For the most part - within the majority, I'd say - most people are suicidal because of mental illness or negative life experiences. Some, being traumatic. As for me, however, I have experienced that side, but I have my own side as well. I'm not one to get into deep, spiritual conversations with people I'm not close to - and I mean tremendously close, as talking about religion or any such related subject in public tends to ... have horrible side-effects on me - but for the sake of explaining myself, in a rather vague way, I fear, my reason for favoring the suicidal path

is because of my beliefs (and experiences) that there are beings in different, metaphysical levels of existence that I have a bond with. Since birth, actually, as I was born being able to see and experience these spiritual beings even as a toddler. My memory is frighteningly sharp, and I still have intense memories being just a mere baby, and having deep, telepathic communication with spiritual beings that no one else, (or so I thought), were aware of. These experiences carried on all my life, up to now, but a large part of it stopped in the year of 2000. What I was told by one of these beings is that it wasn't able to stay in it's present location - with me - because it had an enormous task to accomplish that would take it a very long time. At an extremely distant level, we still have that form of communication, but only so on a teeny, tiny tether, due to certain metaphysical conflicts.

In saying all that, my feelings are that, if I were to take my life, my essence would travel to whatever place this being is in and be able to stay with it. It's an intuitive feeling, and, no, I don't have facts on whether or not this would occur, or ... something else. Most of the time, my intuition is utterly accurate, but this is not something that I'm willing to bet a whole other existence on. The reason why I haven't "offed" myself is simply because I am not yet sure, nor willing to find out, precisely what the results would be. Now, if I did accumulate enough of a reason for to feel completely comfortable with it - such as my life entering an explicit "code red" level, or being informed by a trusted, higher source that my reasoning is acceptable for doing so - I would do it in a heartbeat. Though, I somewhat doubt such a thing would occur, but in my bizarre life, it is entirely, future-istically possible.

Again, nothing to do with "being over emotional". It's a matter of the sense of belonging ... within a place that ... is located elsewhere outside of the shell of existence, AKA, the human body...

Ultimately - looking at the big picture, here - "depression" and "hurt feelings" and "mental illness" have absolutely nothing to do with it. I suppose one could say that I suffer from "odd duck" syndrome, :p but I'm certainly not "sick" for having profound, spiritual beliefs that make me stray away from the norm, which is completely natural for me, in all it's twists and turns...

What don't you understand about the concept that 'normal people' can suffer one bad/day event and then end their potential-filled lives, when in actuality that lone event is almost meaningless?

What I don't understand is the ridiculous assumption that someone who sincerely attempts or commits suicide is 'normal," which I assume you mean to be mentally healthy. Killing yourself is not a normal coping skill, and someone who has reached that point is no longer a "normal" or mentally healthy individual.

Suicide is not something only people who suffer from [chronic] mental disorders do.

I've known many outstanding people who have taken their lives or attempted to do so because their girlfriends leave them or some other untrivial event.

The people you're talking about seem to fit into one of two categories, neither of which is "of sound mind." Typically, people who do this either a.) ARE in fact suffering from some kind of mental illness that you may know nothing about or b.) we are getting into a totally different zone, and that is people whose suicide attempts are not real attempts, and rather cries for help or attention. A woman leaves a man and he threatens to kill himself if she doesn't come back, or actually goes through with an "attempt" in an attempt to show her house serious he is/how important she is/whatever whatever to win her back - actions that point to entirely different but equally dangerous mental disorders.

In case you're not picking up on the pattern, people who attempt/commit suicide are mentally unhealthy. They are not perfectly logical, rational people who just decide to give it all up one day because they've got their tampon in too tight.

I'll say it again since you missed it the first time:

I've dealt with suicidal people. I don't feel the need to expand on that further to try and prove I'm better than anyone else, because I am most certainly not by any measure.

And no, I'm not an expert (nor did I ever claim to be) and I certainly didn't expect a bunch of other people to talk as if they're experts on the subject just because I have a differing ('not so nice') opinion than theirs.

Now granted, you're a smart woman and I'm just an asshole, which makes for a terrible combination, but what our argument here stems down to is I don't have a bleeding heart for all suicidal people and you do. Which is fine.

You're a woman and you have a heart. I'm a young man with a grinchy-sized heart.

I don't see how my opinion is somehow less than yours simply because I'm an asshole and you're nice. But don't worry, I'm not going to kill myself over this.

No one has asked you to expand upon anything or provide credentials. In addition, no one has suggested that you are better or worse than anybody else, or that your opinions are more or less valid than anyone else's. This is not about my "bleeding heart" or your "grinchy heart." This is about respect and recognizing that suicide is a symptom of an illness, not a symptom of flawed character. This entire thing stems from your claim that suicide is for pussies, and people who attempt/commit suicide are cowards, and your subsequent confusion about why people could possible have been offended by those statements.

You seemed to have misuderstood my position, most likely since how I described it was inadequate.

Yes, depression/suicidal thoughts are symptoms of a psychological dysfunction. I never stated otherwise.

However, like you say, there is a difference between acute and chronic conditions.

Suicide is not limited to people with chronic depressive/suicidal tendencies (but you know this).

That was what I meant when I said '...I'll never be convinced of otherwise'.

Just because someone attempts suicide it does not mean they suffer from depression or bipolar disorder or any number of very real chemical imbalances. They could just be reacting very terribly emotionally (in the heat of the moment).

I don't know about you, but to me there is a vast difference between someone with a documented history of depression who then tries to take their own life and someone who is 'normal' for their whole life, then has one bad day/experience and takes their own life.

Why does an illness have to be documented for it to be real? Have you any idea how many millions, possibly billions of people are out there living with undiagnosed mental illnesses? Between lack of healthcare and the horrendous social stigma attached to mental illness, the number of people who need but cannot or will not get help is staggering. That does not make their illness or "chemical imbalance" any less real than the guy who has been in therapy since he was 12 and on antidepressants since he was 13. As a matter of fact, individuals with a history of documented illness are in a much better position to be able to avoid suicide, because they have a support system in place. It is the individuals who don't have the history, who haven't had the care and who don't have the knowledge of their illness, the insight into their symptoms, the very people you call cowards, who are more at risk.

None of my comments have been directed at people with known disorders.

For the sake of accuracy, your comments have been blanketed at anyone and everyone who attempts/commits suicide. If you're mind has changed, fine, but please don't act like you've been only calling people who don't have documented mental illness and commit suicide cowards, because that clearly has not been the case.

However, any [average non-chemically imbalanced] person who takes their own life because of one isolated incident is a different story, at least in my book. I really feel no need to feel sympathy for anyone who would end it all just because of one isolated incident (like losing money, a girlfriend, a job or any number of really untrivial and totally fixable issues which people kill themselves over).

"Average, non-chemically imbalanced," that is, mentally healthy, people don't take their own lives. Plain and simple.

For generic example: George Bailey wanting to kill himself in 'It's a Wonderful Life'. Why? He had a smokin' hot wife, family, friends and every other reason to live for. Attempting suicide was a terrible IDEA because it was beyond short sighted. Had he gone through with it, he would have been a total moron.

I have never seen this movie, and I have no idea what you're talking about, but for the sake of keeping this conversation as realistic as possible, can we not pull from works of fiction? I think anyone would agree that movies rarely, if ever, depict real life with any accuracy.

In real life there are plenty of similar examples of such behavior and to me those type of suicide attempts are the height of self-absorbed, short-sighted, cowardly, terribly emotional and irrational thinking.

v/r

Every suicide attempt is done in the height of irrationality, high emotions and short-sightedness.

It sounds to me like you're angry with people in your life who have attempted or committed suicide. So am I. So is almost everyone who has had to deal with someone they care about killing themselves. I feel anger every day towards individuals in my life who have put me in the position to have the bury them. It doesn't mean you have to piss all over their memory and their character by calling them cowards just because you don't understand why they did what they did, and you can see so many ways out for them. What you see means absolutely positively nothing. It is what they saw that matters.

I once had a friend tell me I had a big impact on his life (in a good way). If you knew him when I first met him, and saw how he is now you'd know it was true. How can ya jump in front of a subway train when you know you have that sort of responsibility.

I once had a friend tell me I had a big impact on his life (in a good way). If you knew him when I first met him, and saw how he is now you'd know it was true. How can ya jump in front of a subway train when you know you have that sort of responsibility.

true.

For the sake of accuracy, your comments have been blanketed at anyone and everyone who attempts/commits suicide. If you're mind has changed, fine, but please don't act like you've been only calling people who don't have documented mental illness and commit suicide cowards, because that clearly has not been the case.

I could have sworn I clarified my in my first response to whoever it was who first quoted me. But apparently I did not.

So either I did not type it when I meant to or I did type it, but typed over it before making actual the post.

Either way, I was mistaken in thinking that I made the clarification sooner. Obviously, I am aware that some people suffer from a chemical imbalance and my comments were not meant to be directed at those who do.

What I don't understand is the ridiculous assumption that someone who sincerely attempts or commits suicide is 'normal," which I assume you mean to be mentally healthy. Killing yourself is not a normal coping skill, and someone who has reached that point is no longer a "normal" or mentally healthy individual.

The people you're talking about seem to fit into one of two categories, neither of which is "of sound mind." Typically, people who do this either a.) ARE in fact suffering from some kind of mental illness that you may know nothing about or b.) we are getting into a totally different zone, and that is people whose suicide attempts are not real attempts, and rather cries for help or attention. A woman leaves a man and he threatens to kill himself if she doesn't come back, or actually goes through with an "attempt" in an attempt to show her house serious he is/how important she is/whatever whatever to win her back - actions that point to entirely different but equally dangerous mental disorders.

Personally, I do think anyone and everyone who contemplates suicide has a mental problem and therefore needs medication.

Similarly, I don't think everyone who attempts suicide has a mental disorder. Some could just be crying for attention (like you suggest), are just plain stupid (of course, I suppose one could consider stupidity a mental disorder), or are only considering suicide as an immediate reaction to a traumatic event (looking to end pain they can't control, no matter how big/small the event is), among other things.

In case you're not picking up on the pattern, people who attempt/commit suicide are mentally unhealthy. They are not perfectly logical, rational people who just decide to give it all up one day because they've got their tampon in too tight.

Even rational and logical person can have a single lapse in judgment. In the case of suicide, all it would take is one.

A person could react to a negative/traumatic event soundly 99 times out of 100 and then after the 100th traumatic event seriously consider, attempt and/or commit suicide.

To me, this does not mean said person absolutely has a mental disorder. One lone moment of weakness/lapse in judgment does not constitute a mentally unhealthy person.

Most everyone has a breaking point/threshold for pain. If that point/threshold is ever exceeded and someone attempts suicide, it does not automatically make them mentally unhealthy (at least in my POV).

I don't pretend to know if everyone who has attempted or gone through with suicide suffers from a serious (clinical) mental condition. It's likely that a [large] majority do, but to think they all do sounds like a generalization that even I wouldn't make.

I've become too lazy to respond further, so you can respond if you wish, but whether you do or not, lets just agree to disagree or whatever and never talk about this subject with each other again after this.

v/r

Most everyone has a breaking point/threshold for pain. If that point/threshold is ever exceeded and someone attempts suicide, it does not automatically make them mentally unhealthy (at least in my POV).

That's the reason why I do not consider commiting suicide. If I do, my threshold is too low and I would consider that to be weakness. For others I don't care what or why they do it, but for me, suicide is the easy option.

The only reason that I possibily could have is to see whether there really is no life after death. But I'd do that only when I'm already terminally ill or so, and in a cool way. (I really would love to go skydiving without a parachute, seeing the ground closing in knowing that the ground itself has become the physical manifestation of death :grandpa: )

for me it'd be my wife and my dad. although my wife and i are separated at the moment (and believe me, this is probably the worst depression i've ever been in) i don't think that i could bare the thought of the pain i would cause my father. my sister attempted suicude when she was a teenager and that put my parents through complete hell. not sure if my answer wouldn't be any different if my dad wasn't still with us or if i had never been married.

I’ve battled this question off and on. It is mainly due to the way I view life. What we do in this life will eventually be forgotten, unless you mange to be someone so great that you live on in non-fictional books after death like a famous politician or celebrity. The stuff you earn in this life will not be with you when you die. So what if you earn a ton of money and buy expensive things? In the end I feel all the money and valuables really don’t mean anything. Sometimes I don’t see the point of living. We all will eventually die anyway. There are times I go. Why not end it now? I might be saving myself from dying a horrible death. I might be saving myself from sitting in a hospital wasting away from a horrible disease or accident. I also might be saving myself from sitting in a nursing home slowly dying. The questions I’m dying to have answered are what is the meaning of life? Why I’m I here? Why I’m I living just to die? Is there life after death? I’m also agnostic, which could be another reason why I battle this question. I just see no need to lie to people. Don’t try to tell me that there is someone or something after death. Ultimately no one will really know what there is until they die. I will not lie to you. I won’t tell you there is heaven and then you come back as a fly. But hey I’m not bashing religious people. Whatever makes you sleep well at night is great. If believing in an exact higher being makes you feel good by all means do it. I guess what I’m saying is yes I think about doing myself in all the time. Not so much because I think the world sucks. I mainly think about doing it because I’m going to die anyway so why not get it the hell over with. I’m not sure if I want to live to 100. I think I would go crazy. I’m sorry if you find this morbid. My friends say I have a bad habit of pointing out morbid things.

i honestly dont know with as many times as I have considered it i still dont know

been there done that got the t-shirt been a while since it I had those thoughts don't know either. Just being abused for the longest time I felt worthless so why keep living. I believe it is the lord or something helping me.

NOT SAYING I’M GOING TO DO IT!! (ANYTIME SOON)

I was wondering, what is keeping you from committing suicide? Me, it’s my son. What is holding you back from just saying fuck it, it’s not worth the pain and hearth ache. What is keeping you from ending it all?

My son.

The fact that I'd rather just cut myself up instead of die. Just the right amount of blood and no body bag.

I’ve battled this question off and on. It is mainly due to the way I view life. What we do in this life will eventually be forgotten, unless you mange to be someone so great that you live on in non-fictional books after death like a famous politician or celebrity. The stuff you earn in this life will not be with you when you die. So what if you earn a ton of money and buy expensive things? In the end I feel all the money and valuables really don’t mean anything. Sometimes I don’t see the point of living. We all will eventually die anyway. There are times I go. Why not end it now? I might be saving myself from dying a horrible death. I might be saving myself from sitting in a hospital wasting away from a horrible disease or accident. I also might be saving myself from sitting in a nursing home slowly dying. The questions I’m dying to have answered are what is the meaning of life? Why I’m I here? Why I’m I living just to die? Is there life after death? I’m also agnostic, which could be another reason why I battle this question. I just see no need to lie to people. Don’t try to tell me that there is someone or something after death. Ultimately no one will really know what there is until they die. I will not lie to you. I won’t tell you there is heaven and then you come back as a fly. But hey I’m not bashing religious people. Whatever makes you sleep well at night is great. If believing in an exact higher being makes you feel good by all means do it. I guess what I’m saying is yes I think about doing myself in all the time. Not so much because I think the world sucks. I mainly think about doing it because I’m going to die anyway so why not get it the hell over with. I’m not sure if I want to live to 100. I think I would go crazy. I’m sorry if you find this morbid. My friends say I have a bad habit of pointing out morbid things.

This is kinda exactly how I feel a lot of the time. I always think life is pointless, and I don't see the need in trying simply because I'm going to die anyway.

All you can really do is make yourself as comfortable as possible as you go through it.

And most of the time, that's not really saying much.

I've thought it over, and I've summed up in my opinion like this:

I'm unsure why I've been put here, but I'm not really dying to ask God why I am here. So, I'll just see what happens.

This is me to .. to a point!!

Ahhh. I didn't get through all of the posting...actually just the original, but it reminded me of Desiderata. I love it. Here it is for those who haven't read it:

Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence.

As far as possible, without surrender, be on good terms with all persons. Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even to the dull and the ignorant, they too have their story. Avoid loud and aggressive persons, they are vexations to the spirit.

If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain and bitter; for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself. Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans. Keep interested in your own career, however humble; it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time.

Exercise caution in your business affairs, for the world is full of trickery. But let this not blind you to what virtue there is; many persons strive for high ideals, and everywhere life is full of heroism. Be yourself. Especially, do not feign affection. Neither be cynical about love, for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment it is perennial as the grass.

Take kindly to the counsel of the years, gracefully surrendering the things of youth. Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune. But do not distress yourself with imaginings. Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness.

Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be, and whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life, keep peace in your soul.

With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world.

Be cheerful. Strive to be happy.

Max Ehrmann c.1920

I especially love the part about us being children of the Universe and things unfolding as it should. We're made from the product of fusion reactions that occured far before even our own sun was born. Pretty amazing. Suicide is deceptive in that what one knows as themselves(physical body) has existed since the begining of time. We are no accident.

Ok. I'm done. I know I know...not exactly on topic with the rest of the post ;O) Call me random roberto.

What's New

5/22/2024
Check out Clips4Sale for more tickling clips of all sorts then anyplace else!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** LadyInternet ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back