• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Tales From the Low Roads, Chapter 24 (M/M, belly; F/M, feet and full body).

Low_Roads

4th Level Black Feather
… in which Miss Fiona Feare makes the most of mist opportunities…

Tickling scenes:
#1. M/M, various & belly - pages 6-7, 11
#2. F/M, feet & full body - pages 17-23

WARNING: a scene involving human dismemberment occurs on pages 6 through 11. Though presented in a light-hearted manner, it's still rather vivid and some readers may wish to avoid it. Comprehension of the main plot events will not be compromised if one chooses to skip this material.

Pages 1-5:

Attachments

• lowroads-24-01.jpg
    lowroads-24-01.jpg
    573.6 KB · Views: 22
  • lowroads-24-02.jpg
    lowroads-24-02.jpg
    532.9 KB · Views: 25
  • lowroads-24-03.jpg
    lowroads-24-03.jpg
    584.5 KB · Views: 22
  • lowroads-24-04.jpg
    lowroads-24-04.jpg
    607.6 KB · Views: 21
  • lowroads-24-05.jpg
    lowroads-24-05.jpg
    637.8 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Pages 6-10:

Attachments

• lowroads-24-06.jpg
    lowroads-24-06.jpg
    571.7 KB · Views: 32
  • lowroads-24-07.jpg
    lowroads-24-07.jpg
    547 KB · Views: 29
  • lowroads-24-08.jpg
    lowroads-24-08.jpg
    525.5 KB · Views: 35
  • lowroads-24-09.jpg
    lowroads-24-09.jpg
    452.1 KB · Views: 31
  • lowroads-24-10.jpg
    lowroads-24-10.jpg
    579.9 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Pages 11-15:

Attachments

• lowroads-24-11.jpg
    lowroads-24-11.jpg
    498.8 KB · Views: 38
  • lowroads-24-12.jpg
    lowroads-24-12.jpg
    528.4 KB · Views: 24
  • lowroads-24-13.jpg
    lowroads-24-13.jpg
    508.1 KB · Views: 22
  • lowroads-24-14.jpg
    lowroads-24-14.jpg
    487.1 KB · Views: 29
  • lowroads-24-15.jpg
    lowroads-24-15.jpg
    503 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Pages 16-20:

Attachments

• lowroads-24-16.jpg
    lowroads-24-16.jpg
    513.8 KB · Views: 38
  • lowroads-24-17.jpg
    lowroads-24-17.jpg
    519.1 KB · Views: 44
  • lowroads-24-18.jpg
    lowroads-24-18.jpg
    524.3 KB · Views: 56
  • lowroads-24-19.jpg
    lowroads-24-19.jpg
    505.4 KB · Views: 43
  • lowroads-24-20.jpg
    lowroads-24-20.jpg
    509.7 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
Pages 21-25:

Attachments

• lowroads-24-21.jpg
    lowroads-24-21.jpg
    571.6 KB · Views: 44
  • lowroads-24-22.jpg
    lowroads-24-22.jpg
    538.2 KB · Views: 28
  • lowroads-24-23.jpg
    lowroads-24-23.jpg
    508.9 KB · Views: 31
  • lowroads-24-24.jpg
    lowroads-24-24.jpg
    608.4 KB · Views: 31
  • lowroads-24-25.jpg
    lowroads-24-25.jpg
    645.6 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Pages 26-28:

Attachments

• lowroads-24-26.jpg
    lowroads-24-26.jpg
    626.2 KB · Views: 24
  • lowroads-24-27.jpg
    lowroads-24-27.jpg
    600 KB · Views: 23
  • lowroads-24-28.jpg
    lowroads-24-28.jpg
    493.9 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Ah, the scientific method. Poke it with a stick. :p
Nicely written chapter, LBH.

If you never poke things with sticks, you miss all the deeper mysteries of life! Sincerest thanks, Relent! Your perspective never fails to exhilarate!

My goodness
Good...night? evening?...
it matters not
hello LBH
how are you?
well another chapter
another ...what do you call what i do?
any way
it defiantly felt like a canon ball going over Mercy's head with that boot huh?
good thing Sephie deduced her own opinion as to how it got there.
i do wonder how Sephie will react to the boot 'magically' disappear.

now the good doctor.
i do have to wonder is the creation a real human or a...by-product of hard research of the human?
the scene you warn about really reminds me of Re-Animator (the movie not the book -_-).

as for the, what we now know is a young lad, trying to go through his clans tradition into adulthood.
would have gone through the easier ro...huh?...there is no easier path?...
well at least he was adamant to not let out a giggle to his torturers.
quite the head on that boyos shoulders, huh?

finally the last two things
first why does the name Samuel Blunt ring in my head?
second, wow nice work on the ocean, i do hope to see what ventures the Feare gang go through in its massive tides

excellent work sir
especially pages 13-23
just the way it looks...ah
just marvelous

good day LBH

Another great chapter LBH!

Ah... Simon Putsy Esq.... How I remember him well. I wonder what "Sweet Soled Test Subject" he could be talking about? Heh Heh... She must've been something REALLY special for him to be so irritated. Poor man, left to construct Frankenstein-like creations for research.... simple cosmic alien traded artifacts from beyond the stars can only last for so long, hard materials pale in contrast to superlatively sensitive skin... A man of his intellect should have realized this the moment that "Test Subject" was traded away for literally nothing but space junk... The phenakism of the trade itself seemed to have more value! :D

How fortunate Mercy is as her Dreamtime footwear did not let the cat out of the bag! Sephie's curiosity amazes me as she tries to deduce the object from persons who could have brought it in, to what material it could be made of! I guess she's not sheriff for nothing!

Poor Ijoli... I guess the price for peeking is a debt that is quickly paid... A "direct deposit" of torture collected on account of Fiona! If Ijoli hopes to learn anything on his "Twelvemonth" he better learn not to get caught again... or at least learn to like such stimulation if the former fails!

Lastly the beach scene is simply your best environmental display in the series! Amazing!

Wonderful job yet again LBH... I look forward to the rest! :D

My goodness
Good...night? evening?...
it matters not
hello LBH
Howdy, Limbo! Nice to hear from you! It's evening here… that's close enough!

it defiantly felt like a canon ball going over Mercy's head with that boot huh?
good thing Sephie deduced her own opinion as to how it got there.
i do wonder how Sephie will react to the boot 'magically' disappear.
Yeah, Mercy definitely dodged a bullet! She'll be caught one of these days if she insists on bringing her work home with her… such artifacts are best left in their proper dimension. If the boot had happened to turn to sludge in Sephie's presence, she'd have tracked its scent like a bloodhound, doubtless right back to Mercy's connivance. A marvel like that couldn't have passed uninvestigated!

now the good doctor.
i do have to wonder is the creation a real human or a...by-product of hard research of the human?
the scene you warn about really reminds me of Re-Animator (the movie not the book -_-).
Well, thank you for the nice reference! Any comparison with director Stuart Gordon counts as a high compliment! As to your concern about the Putz components, let me affirm that Putsy hasn't been chopping up villagers for raw material; rather, he used minute samplings to culture the individual body parts. As such, the assembled whole has no residual identity; the Putz is a blank slate, just waiting for a personality to assert itself.

as for the, what we now know is a young lad, trying to go through his clans tradition into adulthood.
would have gone through the easier ro...huh?...there is no easier path?...
well at least he was adamant to not let out a giggle to his torturers.
quite the head on that boyos shoulders, huh?
True enough. The Stonedene brethren have a reputation for stolidness that Ijoli is honor-bound to try to maintain; one suspects that an hour more in the worm pit will put this proud history in some peril. Though the young man's sense of discretion is more likely to be compromised than his toughness… the prospect of spying out further tempting displays of the ladies' fetish training may yet lure him to his doom. Doesn't seem reasonable that I'd have introduced the poor fellow so recently only to toss him away in such cavalier fashion!

finally the last two things
first why does the name Samuel Blunt ring in my head?
Seen this, possibly?

h ttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIXHE33GvD0

I found it after a short Google search. It had no influence on my naming choice (I only saw this afterward)… "Samuel Blunt" seemed a hardy early-American handle, like something one would expect of a Revolutionary War soldier. It was an impression I was eager to convey.

second, wow nice work on the ocean, i do hope to see what ventures the Feare gang go through in its massive tides
Thank you! I'm not terribly practiced at depicting ocean surges, and went to some trouble to get the look right. Am most delighted to learn the effort paid off! The Feare's will indeed become quite intimately acquainted with these lapping waters… the wagon portion of their trek alone has come to a close (more about this next chapter).

excellent work sir
especially pages 13-23
just the way it looks...ah
just marvelous

good day LBH
My grateful thanks, Limbo! Particularly kind of you to mention the look of the swamp setting… for such stark, simple landscape, it took considerable pains to achieve. We learn as we go, of course; the rigor taught me much about what I should have done to get the effect right. The next scene set in rolling fog should come out even better (fine… now I gotta come up with an excuse for more mire! Perfect planning!)

Another great chapter LBH!
Very kind of you to say so, Bombers! I'm delighted you enjoyed this latest! Frankly, I'm expecting interest to be slight… F/M always attracts less attention than the other way 'round. But it was well past time for some guys to be on the receiving end!

Ah... Simon Putsy Esq.... How I remember him well. I wonder what "Sweet Soled Test Subject" he could be talking about? Heh Heh... She must've been something REALLY special for him to be so irritated.
For a wise guy, Simon Putsy is a bit of a clod! Tossing away brilliant Teeva was an act of supreme dunder-headedness… to receive dross in the bargain is no better than the poor idjit deserved!

Certainly the lovely lady possesses something special! The grass may seem greener on neighboring lawns, but our Podarian princess can out-emerald any tawdry shrubbery! Putsy was myopic indeed… he ought to own spectacles five inches thick!

Poor man, left to construct Frankenstein-like creations for research.... simple cosmic alien traded artifacts from beyond the stars can only last for so long, hard materials pale in contrast to superlatively sensitive skin... A man of his intellect should have realized this the moment that "Test Subject" was traded away for literally nothing but space junk... The phenakism of the trade itself seemed to have more value! :D
A question arrises as to whether the bartered artifacts were, in fact, garbage or if Putsy simply hadn't the finesse to deconstruct them properly. Retro-engineering assumes that one is capable of comprehending the principles once they've been revealed… Putsy's expertise may simply not have been up to snuff. Then again, perhaps wily Dusty did take the over-eager bumpkin for a ride… little credit attaches to him in either scenario. Personally, I'd prefer superlative Teeva at my beck and call no matter what tantalizing trade had been offered!

How fortunate Mercy is as her Dreamtime footwear did not let the cat out of the bag! Sephie's curiosity amazes me as she tries to deduce the object from persons who could have brought it in, to what material it could be made of! I guess she's not sheriff for nothing!
Sephie is indeed possessed of incisive instincts… alas, fixating on minutia can rob one of a broader perspective. While Sheriff Mew might be a whizz a solving crime, her links to non-work related family warmth have all but withered into inertia. At least she's able to sense the loss, which is why she now clings so desperately to Mercy. The younger Mew still seems a touch reticent to reciprocate… likely she little appreciates the power she holds over her sister.

Poor Ijoli... I guess the price for peeking is a debt that is quickly paid... A "direct deposit" of torture collected on account of Fiona! If Ijoli hopes to learn anything on his "Twelvemonth" he better learn not to get caught again... or at least learn to like such stimulation if the former fails!
Now that's an interesting notion… one I haven't yet considered! There ought to be the possibility of male voluptuaries as well as female ones… thus far, we've witnessed only the potential the ladies can exercise! As you suggest, Ijoli would be far better off embracing the wake-walkers special fetish if he insists on getting in their way… twelve months would be an eternity of tickling damnation if one truly couldn't bear it! I know generally where the kid is headed in the next few chapters, but nothing long-term. He better display sound discression if he hopes to survive…

Lastly the beach scene is simply your best environmental display in the series! Amazing!
A treasured compliment, my most excellent Bombers… from an artist who is no stranger to striking environments! I knew that Angie's first view of the ocean had to be impressive, as it was meant to bowl her over. Plenty of specific referencing was needed… happily, the world's most expansive search-engine was able to deliver workable models within mere minutes! What a wondrous age we live in; this kind of access would have required days (if one could ever hope for it at all) when I was a nipper!

Wonderful job yet again LBH... I look forward to the rest! :D
I'm all eagerness to bring it to you, my friend! Your enthusiasm is contagious and deeply energizing! All the motivation I'll ever want!

Last edited:
As mentioned privately - your work on the beloved Low Roads series continues to surprise and delight at every turn and this wonderful installment is no different.

In fact this chapter is jam-packed full of tickles from head to toe...no small feat in a complex narrative as involved as this shimmering gossamer web you've interlaced for our grateful community.

As the artwork continues to improve and evolve I find myself becoming more and more a part of Tabor and all it has to offer.

Simply amazing work, amigo.

Dito

My most treasured friend, thank you once, twice, a thousand times for your never-failing, eloquent support and encouragement! The best wishes of Bandito, that most open-handed, considerate of highwayman (our Community's own personal Robin Hood!), are the most coveted of prizes… yet he lavishes them with the easy freedom of nourishing rainwater, prompting all about him to sharpen up their efforts and grow more productive, if only to be worthy of such good opinion! Particular thanks concerning your kind words about the value of the series' tickle content, which all too often plays second fiddle to exposition needs or the characters' social wrangling. It's a great consolation to know that these sometimes meager portions can still satisfy a connoisseur such as yourself; also, it serves as a welcome reminder not to become so wound-up in dire narrative that readers are short-changed the life-affirming hilarity that constitutes our primary purpose in coming together this way! I'd love nothing better than for the reader become invested in the world I strive to create; to hear you affirm so is the sweetest possible music to my ears! My most heartfelt thanks! You really do make this all worthwhile!

I had missed reading your previous chapter for so long, I felt foolish commenting on it, so I didn't. That'll teach me to maintain proper vigilance so as not to miss another chapter.

I laughed out loud at the unexpected twist on a Frankenstein's monster. A monster with the most non-threatening expression possible, whose mock-ghoulish construction instruction was like some perverse, but gleeful children's poetry reading, named, then re-named with the abbreviation "Putz", whose towering, yet leaky, bulk was only matched by his towering ticklishness! And where could this anti-Frankenstein's monster, this Anti-stein, possibly exist? Nowhere but in the Low Roads! "Light hearted manner" accomplished. All his parts seemed too happy to be disturbing. I loved that poem. I hope we see him again soon.

I was eager to see the Dreamtime boot problem resolve. I felt I was holding my breath along with Mercy.

I love */F, but I also love F/M, so thanks. But an auto-fill tickle pit? Seeing the cut-away shot makes one squirm with horror-delight. One side of your brain says "That would be so intense, let's try that!", the other side says "Oh, sure, countless, crawling, skittering bugs all over. You idiot! You wanted to lick the hot stove too! What did we learn about consequences?!". That dangerously delicious sweet and sour combination is so Low Roads.

As usual, I found all your vistas so appealing. I can't quite define it. They have a seemingly simple, yet viscerally textured something that gives you the feeling of wanting to be there. I think many of your vistas could be framed, hung on a wall and stand on their own. As mentioned by others, the ocean shore was perhaps the best yet.

Thanks again,
Lee

I had missed reading your previous chapter for so long, I felt foolish commenting on it, so I didn't. That'll teach me to maintain proper vigilance so as not to miss another chapter.
I fully commiserate, old friend… these chapters are posted so irregularly, it's impossible to gauge the best time to look for them. And they're not nearly as visible as they used to be… the Artists' Pad is sort of a cloistered area (still, it's the ideal place for me to group and organize them. I wouldn't trade my spot here for anything!) I'm pleased as can be that you're fully caught up now! Also most delighted that you've taken the trouble to send another of your insightful, entertaining commentaries! My grateful thanks to you!

I laughed out loud at the unexpected twist on a Frankenstein's monster. A monster with the most non-threatening expression possible, whose mock-ghoulish construction instruction was like some perverse, but gleeful children's poetry reading, named, then re-named with the abbreviation "Putz", whose towering, yet leaky, bulk was only matched by his towering ticklishness! And where could this anti-Frankenstein's monster, this Anti-stein, possibly exist? Nowhere but in the Low Roads! "Light hearted manner" accomplished. All his parts seemed too happy to be disturbing. I loved that poem. I hope we see him again soon.
Putz will be featured again soon! I've plenty of plans for this ungainly Anti-stein, as you've so creatively classified him! There's a story behind his silly-ass grin, incidentally… if you're familiar with the screamingly funny British radio series from the '50s, The Goon Show, this is what I've always imagined the character of arch-goon Eccles (created and voiced by Spike Milligan) to look like. Thanks so much for the "mission accomplished" thumbs up! I was fairly certain that a satirical spin should leaven this otherwise horrific imagery into humor, and while my personal sensibilities could find nothing profoundly objectionable, my closeness to the material made it unwise to assume any success. Your reaction is precisely what I'd hoped for and most reassuring! Finally, I'm pleased indeed that you enjoyed Putsy's impromptu bedside doggerel! If he takes any portion of that yammer seriously, he'd best not give out guarantees with his work!

I was eager to see the Dreamtime boot problem resolve. I felt I was holding my breath along with Mercy.
Sometimes I write myself into corners in quest of a serviceable concluding hook. I'll confess it… until I started scripting Chapter 25, I hadn't the faintest idea how Mercy was going to get out of this! Hope the solution didn't seem too contrived… for Ms. Mew, at least, it arrived as a mighty convenient gift!

I love */F, but I also love F/M, so thanks. But an auto-fill tickle pit? Seeing the cut-away shot makes one squirm with horror-delight. One side of your brain says "That would be so intense, let's try that!", the other side says "Oh, sure, countless, crawling, skittering bugs all over. You idiot! You wanted to lick the hot stove too! What did we learn about consequences?!". That dangerously delicious sweet and sour combination is so Low Roads.
"Lick the hot stove"… that's priceless! Apt, too, as Ijoli certainly landed himself in the hot seat! F/M isn't really my thing, but it certainly needs to be present for balance (if the ladies alone are molested, the Low Roads will end up looking like Justine! Not that I want to dump all over de Sade, but I'd prefer some semblance of verisimilitude in this series). I'm really pleased you liked that cut-away picture of the pit! It was great fun to contemplate and draw, but murder to clean up and color, so I'm delighted that the effort was worthwhile! The dichotomy of attitude you state is right on target… it's a good part of the complexity that makes our chosen fetish so endlessly fascinating! To attract and repel, in an unpredictably blending mixture… is it supreme torture or supreme pleasure? Such edgy uncertainty insures that these sensations will remain forever fresh!

As usual, I found all your vistas so appealing. I can't quite define it. They have a seemingly simple, yet viscerally textured something that gives you the feeling of wanting to be there. I think many of your vistas could be framed, hung on a wall and stand on their own. As mentioned by others, the ocean shore was perhaps the best yet.
You're very kind to say so! It was an image I'd wanted to realize for quite some time, so I'm extremely happy that it worked well for you! Thanks so much for reporting that "wanting to be there" sensation! It's the very reaction I hope to stir within the reader, his appetite to accompany Angie and Mercy into fresh locals and new experiences! While Angie has at last reached the coast, the long-stated aim of her travels with the Feare troupe, her journeying is far from complete. A momentous voyage of exploration comes next… she'll start preparing for it as soon as Chapter 25!

Thanks most sincerely for your continuing interest in this comix series and for stating your support in such inspiring terms, Lee! I'll always be most proud to have merited your approval!

Finally had the time to read the rest of this chapter (had to take a break halfway for a few days...)

Hm, that scientist... reminds me of the Frankenstein Catastrophy... He really manages to build quite a monster there! Grandfather's fake teeth are a bit too big for him though, heehee...

I like the fog scene. Nice effect!

Page 20: Woah, nice idea there to let him sink in that hole with... worms? 'fingers'? Nothing short of a hell-hole! :p

I like the twelvemonth idea too. Sounds like a very believable and useful system to get people experiences of all kind and from outside the direct area of their habitat. Wonderful.

By the way, I noticed... looks like I'm not the only one who 'guesses' how big the text clouds have to be, drawing them by hand. I don't play as much with text size/spacing anymore now and don't mind so much if some of the clouds are a little bigger for the content. Sometimes they are too small and I have to do some tricks to enlarge them :p

Nice seeing the mew sisters again too, at the end ^^

Finally had the time to read the rest of this chapter (had to take a break halfway for a few days…)
Thank you for the nice reply, Iloh! I'm most pleased and grateful you found time to read the chapter… I know you've been ungodly busy with your new dA projects, along with your myriad other pressing responsibilities. I myself have finished off the concluding pages of your Destiny epic (finally!) and will return the favor by adding my thoughts to the already-stuffed host of congratulations. I'm obscenely late about this, I know… hopefully passion will make up for punctuality's failure.

Hm, that scientist... reminds me of the Frankenstein Catastrophy... He really manages to build quite a monster there! Grandfather's fake teeth are a bit too big for him though, heehee…
True… in a world jam packed with cartoony, high-concept characters, Putz stands out for his freakish exaggeration! Those ridiculously grinning choppers are likely worthless for mastication; however, they do act as an emblem of his tickle-directed conception and career. Whereas Frankenstein's creation came to grief through parental neglect and a solitary hard-knocks upbringing, Putz has been lavished with a surfeit of maniacal micro-managing and a single-mindedly obsessive purpose. Our fetish monster may not turn out to be as evil, but he'll certainly end up as warped… a force to reckon with, should he learn to dish it out as well as take it!

I like the fog scene. Nice effect!
Thank you! It took tons of time, would likely have been easier to achieve through some sort of Photoshop method, and doubtless would have looked rather better, too. At present, I can only work with the crude tools I've got… perhaps next time I'll have gained the expertise to make the landscape even more convincing (assuming I ever again have an excuse to stage action in pea-soup fog!)

Page 20: Woah, nice idea there to let him sink in that hole with... worms? 'fingers'? Nothing short of a hell-hole! :p
Well, it sure has to be for Ijoli, who hasn't yet adopted our appreciation for such an extreme fetish scenario! Anytime between now and the start of Chapter 25 would be a darned good time for him to start! Thanks so much for the kind appraisal!

I like the twelvemonth idea too. Sounds like a very believable and useful system to get people experiences of all kind and from outside the direct area of their habitat. Wonderful.
Thanks for saying so! I snitched the idea from the "walkabout" practice of the aboriginal Australian people, adapting its spiritual intent into a more mundane, practical rite of passage. Ijoli is going to have a hard enough time sussing out the motives and rituals of these impenetrable foreigners to concern himself much about the vagaries of any ethereal realm… and as you may have guessed, he's not about to take any of Fiona's sound advice to heart! The lot of them are on the verge of entering most confounding countryside, too… a big challenge to his lack of experience.

By the way, I noticed... looks like I'm not the only one who 'guesses' how big the text clouds have to be, drawing them by hand. I don't play as much with text size/spacing anymore now and don't mind so much if some of the clouds are a little bigger for the content. Sometimes they are too small and I have to do some tricks to enlarge them :p
I know what you mean… the text passages can become so involved that they squeeze the graphics down to almost nothing. It's the compromise I have to live with for (1) crafting panels that stubbornly stay a uniform shape and size (done for economy and simplicity's sake) and (2) insisting on tons of expository dialogue. Since all the text is printed into the panels first (which is like totally ass-backwards from the way most comix do it), I never have any trouble fitting it in. The picture part of the storytelling, of course, has to be compromised; I try to make up for this by including alternate angles, silent reactions, long shot/close up variation, odd perspectives (the through-the-fishtank view on page 6, for instance), etc., so that there's sufficient compensating visual interest. The process works well enough to satisfy me; then again, my judgement's skewed because I'm approaching these problems from a perspective of practicality as well as aesthetics, same as any other comix creator has to. My solution may not be superior to any other; it does, however, make the end product distinctive.

Nice seeing the mew sisters again too, at the end ^^
Glad the repeat appearance proved pleasing! We'll likely encounter these ladies in tandem throughout the rest of the series, much to Mercy's irritation and Sephie's fervent hopes. Their ongoing character arcs will hinge on their striving toward reconciliation… unless I figure out at some excuse for splitting 'em up again, which could always occur. The option's always open!

Thank you for the nice reply, Iloh! I'm most pleased and grateful you found time to read the chapter… I know you've been ungodly busy with your new dA projects, along with your myriad other pressing responsibilities. I myself have finished off the concluding pages of your Destiny epic (finally!) and will return the favor by adding my thoughts to the already-stuffed host of congratulations. I'm obscenely late about this, I know… hopefully passion will make up for punctuality's failure.

You're most welcome. A multi-page comic which is published in one go is always quite a large bite. Honestly, nowadays when I read a real comic (meaning a book in paper form) it can take two or three weeks for me to read it through, simply because I pick it up late at night, read two or three pages and then start feeling my tiredness and go to sleep. I am busy and I am trying to do a lot with my time. In fact, i just returned from a party (didn't drink any alcohol or anything, didn't dance, just chat and eat) and I'm pretty much wasted (in a tired-kind-of-way) while it's only 9:30pm. Thanks for reading up on my comic as well and I'm looking forward to your reply! Don't know if you have watched something on dA as well (I know you're not really part of that community and that's okay, of course), but the last page of chapter 13 is to be published about tomorrow-ish. It's a much shorter chapter than ch12 by the way. Anyway, you're puncuality (or lack thereof) is excused. I know what it is to be busy and have to make choices of when to do what and what to skip.

Whereas Frankenstein's creation came to grief through parental neglect and a solitary hard-knocks upbringing, Putz has been lavished with a surfeit of maniacal micro-managing and a single-mindedly obsessive purpose. Our fetish monster may not turn out to be as evil

Luckily! It's nice for a change to have a monster which isn't evil, but quite distorted anyway. ^^ Maybe it gives the character an extra layer of depth. Or a different one.

Thank you! It took tons of time, would likely have been easier to achieve through some sort of Photoshop method, and doubtless would have looked rather better, too. At present, I can only work with the crude tools I've got… perhaps next time I'll have gained the expertise to make the landscape even more convincing (assuming I ever again have an excuse to stage action in pea-soup fog!)

No, it looks good to me this way. You did well. I'm not so sure if a photoshopped effect would have done good to your style. It's easy to apply an effect that just doesn't FIT with the rest of the effects that your natural strokes provide... and make the whole panel (or panels) look superficial. In Jen ch13 I did do a bit of trickery (but for my style that is easier) and added some smoke with the computer, on a different transparent layer.

Thanks for saying so! I snitched the idea from the "walkabout" practice of the aboriginal Australian people, adapting its spiritual intent into a more mundane, practical rite of passage.

Oh! That's pretty cool. It's nice to take this kind of real world concepts and apply them. Brings more depth and reality to the story. Nice one. ^^

I know what you mean… the text passages can become so involved that they squeeze the graphics down to almost nothing. It's the compromise I have to live with

What I myself usually do, is write the text out myself (by hand) onto the paper itself. My handwriting isn't always the right size to give me a good estimate of how much space I really need, but generally I am not even that far off. On the other hand the texts are regularly 'live'. In my scripts they are just ideas and short notes to remember what I want to say/put... on the page they are written in detail, but after scanning or even the final proof reading it happens that I'm revising the text, making small or bigger changes to phrasing etc.

Glad the repeat appearance proved pleasing! We'll likely encounter these ladies in tandem throughout the rest of the series, much to Mercy's irritation and Sephie's fervent hopes.

And to my hopes. You know that I love your character Mercy most of all so it's always great to see her back.

All the best and good luck on your next chapter!

Thanks for reading up on my comic as well and I'm looking forward to your reply! Don't know if you have watched something on dA as well (I know you're not really part of that community and that's okay, of course), but the last page of chapter 13 is to be published about tomorrow-ish. It's a much shorter chapter than ch12 by the way.
I've seen "Masquerade" in its entirety now… proceedings most strange! It feels more like connective tissue than a stand-alone, what with the introduction (but not arrest) of The Plumber and anxiety about Jen's pregnancy, whether or not that extended exposure to opium will cause harm to the fetus. A spy with a due date and an arch-criminal whose weapon of choice is a plunger… further evidence that unusual story elements make for riveting reading! Your writing is never short of unique tone! And, by the way… Jimmy Bond?!!! What's his serial number… 0007!

No, it looks good to me this way. You did well. I'm not so sure if a photoshopped effect would have done good to your style. It's easy to apply an effect that just doesn't FIT with the rest of the effects that your natural strokes provide... and make the whole panel (or panels) look superficial. In Jen ch13 I did do a bit of trickery (but for my style that is easier) and added some smoke with the computer, on a different transparent layer.
Thank you for the kind vote of confidence! And I note the smoke effect you mean in Jen 13, at the bottom of page 12. Looks good indeed, murky and claustrophobic to evoke Jen's attitude of dread!

All the best and good luck on your next chapter!
Thank you! I'm hard at work on the script for Chapter 25 this very minute!

I've seen "Masquerade" in its entirety now… proceedings most strange! It feels more like connective tissue than a stand-alone, what with the introduction (but not arrest) of The Plumber and anxiety about Jen's pregnancy, whether or not that extended exposure to opium will cause harm to the fetus. A spy with a due date and an arch-criminal whose weapon of choice is a plunger… further evidence that unusual story elements make for riveting reading! Your writing is never short of unique tone! And, by the way… Jimmy Bond?!!! What's his serial number… 0007!

*nods* Masquerade didn't end the way Jen hoped, in fact, you can indeed say that it didn't "end" at all. Nobody was caught (yet) and indeed this is something that will make a return later on. Also this chapter was not intended to be a 'birth giving' chapter, eventhough the reader would expect as much at the start. I like to present things in a different way, write unconventionally. And I decided to create this episode in the time that Jen was pregnant, rather than making her pregnancy the main point of doing this episode. And as for Jimmy Bond... he's not related to James Bond, but a little side joke is intentional. ;)

Thank you for the kind vote of confidence! And I note the smoke effect you mean in Jen 13, at the bottom of page 12. Looks good indeed, murky and claustrophobic to evoke Jen's attitude of dread!

I put in some more smoke there, yes, but actually I was talking of the 'effect' I used on the smoke when she entered that room. There's someone lying on the ground with a pipe. It's no fog at all, just a bit of smoke, but it's transparent and wavey... I think a bit how smoke moves about. Of course this doesn't apply to the fog. :p

Thank you! I'm hard at work on the script for Chapter 25 this very minute!

I've decided to do a little summer break for the Jen comic, so I'll be focussing on an old comic I never finished and then some separate artwork. And then I'm learning Flash (just managed to publish my first Flash game! woohoo) which also takes time. So it's good to take a little break and start with the next chapter after a well earned pause. ^^

I'm looking forward of course to your ch25. That's a nice number!

Kudos!

I've only skimmed this story, went straight for the "gory" stuff. It's actually kind of like Frankenstein or Little Shop of Horrors meets Dr. Seuss (I'm talking about the dialogue. The artwork is inimitably your usual style!)

I've been away from here, spending precious time on a couple of other sites whose name I need not mention. I hadn't seen you work in a long time, and I needed to, bad!

Thank you for the kind compliments, Kopfhorer! Glad you like what you've seen thus far of this latest! I really appreciate the Dr. Seuss comparison! I admire the heck out of his playful rhyming and alliterating, and have sought to do similar things with the characters' dialogue (in my own often crushingly verbose fashion). Mad scientist horror is pretty upfront in this chapter; I'm a huge fan of Roger Corman's "Little Shop of Horrors" and am most pleased if it evoked any sense of that low budget gem!

Most happy you've had a chance to become up-to-date! Thank you for your generous patronage; it's always been deeply appreciated! The next installment, Chapter 25, will be finished and ready to post shortly (hopefully before the end of the month but possibly a week or two into October, depending on how much time I'm able to devote). Here's hoping you can get to it immediately, but if not it will be waiting here patiently upon your leisure! Thanks to this Artist's Pad spot, this stuff is a lot easier to locate than it used to be!

What's New

5/9/2024
If you need to report a post, the report button is to its lower left.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back