• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Tapatalk enable?

imirritated

TMF Regular
I did search for the term on the forum, but nothing came up. Is tapatalk something we can get for the forum?

I did a quick search for that and the information was sort of confusing. Is it something we add to the forum, or is it an app for smart phones?

It is both. It's a a free plugin that is added to vbulletin, the forum is then accessible via an app on smartphones...I run it on a forum I host and it's pretty easy to set up. The only issue I can think of is whether they allow adult oriented websites.

Our Tech person is having a busy time of late. Had not had a chance to follow up yet. Sorry.

Myriads

It turns out that the forum has a mobile friendly format that we just never enabled. HDS has activated it as of now, so try looking at it on your phones web browser now and let me know if it works for you.

It turns out that the forum has a mobile friendly format that we just never enabled. HDS has activated it as of now, so try looking at it on your phones web browser now and let me know if it works for you.

Personally I hate the mobile version. It doesn't seem to support any on the things I regularly use like Subscribed threads. I know it is new and I might get used to it but my opinion is that it is rubbish. There are quite a few threads on the net about how the mobile version of vbuletin doesn't support basic functionality and there is no way of switching back to the full site. Can we go back to how it was before please? Excuse me if I don't see your reply as I can't view subscribed threads anymore!

Actually, having played with it for a while it is worse than I thought. You can't even see who has started a thread without going into it. I find the whole thing totally unusable I'm afraid.

Last edited:
I have to agree. I've seen the forum grow and change over the years and this new mobile format might be the worst change yet. It honestly is unusable. FWIW I can no longer see picture sets in the new view.

Are you guys seeing this from your mobile phones, or from your home computers too? Its supposed to just show up on your phone, but apparently some people are getting it all the time.

Are you guys seeing this from your mobile phones, or from your home computers too? Its supposed to just show up on your phone, but apparently some people are getting it all the time.

No, I only see this on my iPhone. Fortunately, Firefox is still showing the fully functional and usable version we know and love.

No, I only see this on my iPhone. Fortunately, Firefox is still showing the fully functional and usable version we know and love.

But youre finding it basically unusuable even on your phone? That's not encouraging :)

Yes. My whole point was that the mobile version is less usable on a mobile device than the full site. Having gotten over the fact that things have changed and spending some time with it I still believe it is a massive step backwards for all the reasons I have already stated. I'm sure the only solution is to switch it off again which would be great as I could then focus my efforts on working out what Apple have done to iTunes 11...

Yes. My whole point was that the mobile version is less usable on a mobile device than the full site. Having gotten over the fact that things have changed and spending some time with it I still believe it is a massive step backwards for all the reasons I have already stated. I'm sure the only solution is to switch it off again which would be great as I could then focus my efforts on working out what Apple have done to iTunes 11...
The mobile version should be less usable. There are a few schools of thought on what to do with mobile devices. One says preserve all functionality but cram it into a smaller package. That usually results in failure on all counts. Another side days strip off content or features and then give a limited subset of functionality to mobile users. This usually results in a site that is readable and can be used on a mobile device but may (as here) lack things that users want, even on a mobile device. A "have your cake and eat it too" situation.

I was going to try and make it so you can switch to the main theme if you prefer (on a mobile device), but if the mobile version is that terrible, then perhaps it's not worth it.

We're looking into a couple of different possible ways to make us mobile friendly, but it's probably going to take a few more weeks to shake out.

The mobile version should be less usable. There are a few schools of thought on what to do with mobile devices. One says preserve all functionality but cram it into a smaller package. That usually results in failure on all counts. Another side days strip off content or features and then give a limited subset of functionality to mobile users. This usually results in a site that is readable and can be used on a mobile device but may (as here) lack things that users want, even on a mobile device. A "have your cake and eat it too" situation.

I was going to try and make it so you can switch to the main theme if you prefer (on a mobile device), but if the mobile version is that terrible, then perhaps it's not worth it.

I fully agree with your analysis. The main problem has been that the mobile implementation is awful. It fails to give enough basic functionality to even browse the forum properly.

Jeff and HDS, I also want to thank you and all of the Mods for your hard work and dedication to the site. It can't be easy putting up with "us" :)

I've got tapatalk on my android phone. Can't find the tickling forum. Searching on all the obvious keywords, nothing shows up.

What's New

5/12/2024
There will be Trivia in our Chat Room this Sunday evening at 11PM EDT. Join us!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back