• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Television Pitchman Billy Mays Dies At 50

JimmyBoy

TMF Expert
BillyMays.jpg

Nationally known TV ad pitchman Billy Mays, 50, was found dead this morning in his Tampa home, the Tampa Police Department reported.

Mays was found unresponsive by his wife and the Tampa Fire Rescue pronounced him dead at 7:45 a.m., the report said.

There were no signs of forced entry to the residence and no foul play is suspected, police said.

The Medical Examiner's Office is expected to complete the autopsy by Monday afternoon.

"Although Billy lived a public life, we don't anticipate making any public statements over the next couple of days," Mays' wife Deborah said in a statement the police released.

"Our family asks that you respect our privacy during these difficult times."

Mays rose to for promoting OxyClean, Orange Glo, Kaboom and other household products like the Mighty Putty glue.

In April, he launched a new reality series, "Pitchmen," on the Discovery Channel to show viewers new gadgets such as the Impact Gel shoe insert; the Tool Band-it, a magnetized armband that holds tools while you work; and the Soft Buns portable seat cushion.

Mays was on U.S. Airways Flight 1241 when it blew its front tires as it landed Saturday, forcing the airport to shut down the busy north-south runway, according to authorities.

Stay with TBO.com for updates.

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2009/ju...lly-mays-found-dead-tampa-home/news-breaking/

Wow.....quite unexpected.

RIP Billy. Your boisterous infomercials rather got on my nerves, but you seemed like a decent enough chap all the same.

Maybe he's staging his death so he can be resurrected by some new infomercial product

He was a tad bit annoying, but he was good at doing what he did, Selling pitches

who? Damn it.... I know his face.... but I can't tell for sure...

Hopefully he didnt drink the oxi clean.... :(

I heard this a little while ago, and I was shocked.

I even like doing my impression of him on occasion.
I wonder what will happen to the show "Pitchmen". And now it is just going to be eerie watching his infomercials late at night.

RIP Billy! Sell those products at the big trade show in the sky!

I also wonder if that hit on the head from the plane incident had something to do with it. Much like the actress that was killed after falling off a horse. I apologize I can not remember her name, but it seems perhaps a little similar.

Rob

Why are all these interesting people dying!

I just saw an ad for PitchMen the TV show on Cable. Damn, that was kinda sudden.

Thoughts and Prayers....And if you act now you will get 2 sets of Thoughts and Prayers for the price of 1.

That's so horrible. Four celebrities in less than a week. (Ed McMahon on Tuesday, Farrah Fawcett and Michael Jackson on Thursday, and now Billy Mays today). Wow. :(

just heard about this this is very sad and suprised me what is up with all theses celebs dieing

what is up with all theses celebs dieing

Dunno. All I know is Vanna White better start bein alot more careful turning those letters on WoF (and I'm only PARTLY kidding. It'd really suck to see her go next)

This is horrible news. Michael Jackson was past his prime, but Billy Mays was just hitting his stride. Now when we're watching infomercials we're gonna be stuck with that SHAMWOW jackass.

Thoughts and Prayers....And if you act now you will get 2 sets of Thoughts and Prayers for the price of 1.

That is just too classic. And in a strange way a good way to remember him.
Thanks for the chuckle there Goodie.

Rob

Mom told me about this earlier today. This is so sad. I used to pick on Billy a bit for his, well, "boisterousness" while pitching his products, but he seemed like a decent enough guy. I remember he would do bits with Jay Leno before he left the Tonight Show. RIP, Billy. Man, all of these deaths all of a sudden. :(

Billy Mays was one of my favorite Pitchman next to Ronco; he was loud as hell, but did a good job. These men in their 50s are starting to drop like flies; this is terrible....just terrible!

i watched Pitchmen often, and i used to like Sullivan better (damn show painted Mays as an asshole) but i really will miss his charm. not one for mourning celebs, but this one hit home. i honestly wish that shamwow ass woulda bought the farm instead of Billy.

That is just too classic. And in a strange way a good way to remember him.
Thanks for the chuckle there Goodie.

Rob

:shrug: surprised my post didn't elicit negative comments and "have respect!"

What's New

5/4/2024
The Final vote for the 2023 Golden Feather Awards is open! Visit the GFA fouem and cast your ballot!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** LadyInternet ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back