• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Tell me about...

Tell me about your religion.What is it?
What is it about?
What's good about it?
Does it pull you through all the hard times in life?
How do you worship in your religion,who do you worship?

I am curious to know about all the different religions and I don't feel like reading a million books.

Okay, first post, I am a Christian, and God always helps me when I get real depressed. One minute, I will be extremely contented, and the next, it feels like I'm in a crucible. But no matter how bad things got, He was always there for me. People may think that all Christians want to do is condemn them and tell them how to live their lives, and then they might say something snide, but I never wanted to do those things to anyone.

I was born and raised Catholic. After many years of Catholic school I realized that I only had been taught the tenants of the church and hardly anything about the bible itself. While in college I went through the bible cover to cover and making a long story short it destroyed my faith completely. My girlfriend, at the time was horrified and at her request I took my issues with the bible's teachings to our one of our church elders. The church elder who I spoke had a phd and I have to tell you ....his answers left me hanging. while I don't believe in magic or a supreme supernal being I'm still a man of faith. I have faith in myself and my few friends that I have had some of which for over a decade, who have stuck by me through all of my crazy antics. I'm not a hater of religion and think that Jesus was the most important philosopher in Western civilization, but was no more the son or daughter of god than anyone else on this forum. While I find religion fascinating and realize its importance to our culture it simply isn't for me.....I think I will stick to snugism :D

In terms of religion I'm sort of a mutt. I have no specifically defined religion nor do I have any real ways of worship lol

My religion follows a simple fundamental:
Is there a omnipresent force thoughout all known existance? yes.
Is it some guy sitting on a cloud tossing lightning bolts at whoever pisses him off? No.
For me, this force is something explainable by science, it's something that moves and guides us all, to sort of break it down in a lamens term, kind of like "The Force".

I've never considered any of the hard times in my life to have been influenced by a beliefe in/ lack of religion. There's trials that we must all overcome at some point or another, the key is just to learn from the mistakes. Sometimes (not all the time) people can let religion cloud their vision and let the lesson slip though their fingers.

A very, very good discussion here.

Madalyn Murray O'Hair became an atheist after reading the Bible cover-to-cover.

See also:

http://susiebright.blogs.com/susie_brights_journal_/2007/10/i-remember-dist.html

http://gretachristina.typepad.com/

(Both links may be NSFW)

I myself have mixed feelings about religion. It's been used as a tool for good things, as witness people like Martin Luther King or the clergy member who helped you through hard times with no ulterior motives. OTOH, it's also subject to misuse, as witness the endless jihad (a middle-eastern word meaning "holy war") against scientific fact, abortion and the rights of gay people to live like, well, people. To say nothing of, well, check this out. The misuse of religion for destructive ends (here and abroad) is at an all-time high.

I'm torn between wanting to believe in a force, a "positive vibration" if you will. I want to believe that death isn't merely an end point. But I believe, with no small amount of trepidation, that what we see is all we're gonna get. But the idea of a great watchman in the sky never quite washed with me, though it certainly wasn't for lack of trying. Spirituality is another mater entirely. That can be found in everyday life, in the things which we love, which drive us on, our "calling" as it were whether one makes a living from it or not. Love, in all its forms (romantic love being only a small sliver of the pie) is a form of spirituality. (I'm kind of whipped at this point, from exhaustion. I'm not sure how I;m coming across).

Last edited:
Well, since you asked what their religion is, I 'might' just get a little bit preachy. YOU ALL WERE WARNED! :smilielol5:

My personal view, religion is terrible! :scared My interpretation (think I have an image saying the same thing somewhere :stickout);

Religion: the substitution of carnal rituals in place of spiritual truths.
And, even in the Bible... 1 Samuel 15:22 - Do you think all God wants are sacrifices— empty rituals just for show? He wants you to listen to him! ... (I like this version the best, though it is The Message...)

If you want to 'label' it, I'm an evangel pentecostal. :p But I feel as long as you believe Jesus is fully human and fully divine (- faith issue: everyone has faith in 'something', so, deal with it - :ggrin:), then the rest is just semantics. Of course those 'semantics' are of varying levels of importance, justifying everything from Orthodox Catholicism to, well I guess bible-thumping Pentecostals, and the likely hundreds of different variations within each 'big' sect (Catholic vs. Christianity). :lol Religion has created boundaries, stereotypes and labels, effectively ostracizing everyone that doesn't 'fit' within the parameters written down in each different interpretation of 'stone'.

To all those people out there, if someone "religious" is bashing you, just ask them, WWJD? :lol In actuality, what would Jesus do, if he were standing here, in the same situation? Would he pick up a picket sign, or Bible, and spout meaningless verses at you, stating how 'evil' and 'hell-ridden' you are, or would he walk up to you and give you a big hug, saying he loves you despite yourself? Jesus 'despised' the Pharisees for spouting meaningless rules, condemning people for their faults - or even things they can't help themselves - sticking up their noses, thinking 'they're' better because they've checked all the boxes and crossed the t's, dotted the i's.

Isaiah 64:6 - All of us have become like one who is unclean, and all our righteous acts are like filthy rags; ...

NOTHING ANYONE of us can do can 'justifies' anything once we're dead and gone!

If you want to look at it pessimistically (like I tend to do more often than not :blush), the least having faith in Christ can do is give you fire insurance. :lol More optimistically, having faith gives you strength throughout your life, and allows you to see the silver lining in most any situation. The best possibility being you'd have a perfect body, living in eternal happiness, dwelling in heaven once you die.

So - for me - the worst possibility is having a little skip in my step throughout my life, and it only being up any way 'I' see it. But then again, this is just 'my' view, which you did ask for (so none of you bash me for simply giving my opinion! >_<).

Last edited:
If you want to look at it pessimistically (like I tend to do more often than not :blush), the least having faith in Christ can do is give you fire insurance. :lol More optimistically, having faith gives you strength throughout your life, and allows you to see the silver lining in most any situation. The best possibility being you'd have a perfect body, living in eternal happiness, dwelling in heaven once you die.

So - for me - the worst possibility is having a little skip in my step throughout my life, and it only being up any way 'I' see it. But then again, this is just 'my' view, which you did ask for (so none of you bash me for simply giving my opinion! >_<).

Lol,I love that line,Sadistic''the least having faith in Christ can do is give you fire insurance'.
No one is going to bash you.This thread was simply for my learning pleasure haha.I just wanted to see the different variations of religions there are out there.I also wanted to see how many different religions we had around here.

To all those people out there, if someone "religious" is bashing you, just ask them, WWJD? :lol In actuality, what would Jesus do, if he were standing here, in the same situation? Would he pick up a picket sign, or Bible, and spout meaningless verses at you, stating how 'evil' and 'hell-ridden' you are, or would he walk up to you and give you a big hug, saying he loves you despite yourself? Jesus 'despised' the Pharisees for spouting meaningless rules, condemning people for their faults - or even things they can't help themselves - sticking up their noses, thinking 'they're' better because they've checked all the boxes and crossed the t's, dotted the i's.

Luke 19 shows that Jesus was a horse thief. He also fully endorsed all of the barbarism of the old testament. Food for thought. :)

I was raised Lutheran..i now do not believe in organized religion..faith is something you either have or don't have..many hypocrites attend Church on a weekly basis..i don't need to attend Church to believe in Jesus..

I don't think it's fair to call people hypocrites just for going to church. Many people I speak to on the subject treat it as a social gathering. As much as I hate religion, I think moderate christians (or as I call them, faitheists) are a "necessary evil" for now. ;)

Well i didn't call everyone who attends hypocrites..but i've encountered a few..and what about some politicians that attend?

Man manipulates everything he touches, particularly if he profits from it. Just like history is written by the victors, the Bible and all other spiritual texts have been written & manipulated to benefit those in power.

I believe in God. I believe in the teachings of Jesus, Mohammed, Buddha. But I read them with great skepticism, knowing that they have been censored and interpreted by regime after regime to hold on to power. Jesus was very angry at the powers that be, he claimed they "shut away the kingdom of god" from the people in order to enrich themselves, and is why he was assassinated.

All I can trust is to know myself, and by knowing myself, and by being loving and compassionate, is the only way I can serve God.

i don't have any specific religion, because i don't believe a higher power exists, nor do i believe i require one to live happily, and die happily. i'm doing that quite well solo, with the help of mere mortals. XD i was born into a catholic family, and went to church for the better part of my childhood, and still to this day never benefited from it in the most obvious way. i simply went to appease my family, while continuing to walk the path in life i walk today.

First, I took a very literal look at the "people"(whose existences cannot be confirmed in the first place) whose "teachings" are so revered in a very public manner. As far as I know, I have not hassled anybody on the board with this.

Second, as a skeptic and rational individual, I have no religion. That doesn't exclude me from this conversation, as much you wish it would. For any free-thinkers, objectivity is of the utmost importance. I would think somebody who thinks as 'freely' as you do would appreciate some (truly) outside perspective. :)

I do appreciate it if you would like to tell us your feelings about your religion.Just leave the other people alone.All I am asking for is your religion.I just want people to tell me about their religion I don't want any debates on the reality of any religion or how you feel about other people's religion.So,please none of your debating or arguing just tell me about your religion if you have one.My understanding is your an atheist so,tell me about that.

As someone that also has no relgious beliefs im a bit curious what brought you to atheism Purple? So...if your willing to share than lets hear it and pull no punches :D

Simple: lack of evidence. Same reason I don't believe in the tooth fairy, santa clause, easter bunny, etc. I have no reason to believe in any kind of god because nobody has proven that one exists. Existing "literature" (and I use the term literature in this context very generously) on all religious beliefs show a severe lack of understanding of the physical universe we live in. If god is so advanced, why didn't he fill the bible/quran/etc with calculus advanced compared to today's standards? Or a philosophy that is so enlightening it unites humanity under a single cause? One cannot argue the "peaceful nature" that these books teach without first trying to reconcile the bloodshed caused in their names. To say that any of these books authorships' were inspired by the same being attributed the creation of the universe is nonsensical.

I also subscribe to Shermer's Last Law: "Any sufficiently advanced ETI (Extraterrestrial Intelligence) is indistinguishable from God." :)

Was talking about this with friends the other day... seems the more "lapsed" people are from their religion, the better people they become.

Mainly had Moslem, Catholic, and Evangelical Christian in mind....

I've cleaned up the thread a little in hope of not having to close it. Fellow members, please don't post gratuitous insults against the various viewpoints expressed about religion in this thread, which is meant as a survey to find out about members' beliefs rather than a platform to debate the wisdom of any particular faith. Thank you for your cooperation.

I've cleaned up the thread a little in hope of not having to close it. Fellow members, please don't post gratuitous insults against the various viewpoints expressed about religion in this thread, which is meant as a survey to find out about members' beliefs rather than a platform to debate the wisdom of any particular faith. Thank you for your cooperation.

I sorry Mistress Valerie,
I honestly thought that this thread could work out with out anyone debating.

My point of view on religion is simply that I am an atheist. So far, I have seen nothing that would indicate the existence of a divine being, and all the evidences provided by modern religions as such haven't found any kind of scientific backing to them. Though I think that some basic principles of many religions are good: like, be as good man as you can be, they say, I don't think we need religion to help us discern right from wrong.

As Immanuel Kant had an attitude on this: A good man will do good because he thinks it is right, not because he hopes for a reward or a punishment later.

If you want my view on religions as organizations, then I must say it's pretty negative. I mean, talk about doing everything contrary to what the scriptures say in the name of the scriptures. Look at the crusaders saying: "In the name of my God, who has commanded me not to kill anyone, I shall kill you!", or in the more recent cases of pedophile priests who seem to have forgotten that 'do not commit adultery' and 'do not lie' (denying the crime after they did it, and not only them but the entire Church) are on the list of 10 commands. Though, it's not like Islam didn't have their share of jihads, or mistreatment of women. And I'd be quite positive that suicide bombers

I didn't mean this post to steer against any religion. I'm just giving examples of some of the things that really annoy me about organized religions as such. Towards the practitioners who try and live their religion, and hold to the tenets of their faiths, I have no problems with.

I believe in the following:

A afterlife that functions essentially like a giant series of interconnected planes of existence run by and managed by "angels".

That Jesus (or whatever his original name was) was an "enlightened" individual whose spiritual beliefs/teachings highly reflected Buddhism as well as the high planes of existence.

Christianity skewed the message of Jesus and turned it into a method for gaining control, wealth, and power over the world. The belief in the trinity and the "son of god" in order to be given forgiveness of sins is a simple method for gaining control over people who want hope. In a nut shell, they have turned hope into a means to gain control and power. Forgiveness...like trust...is EARNED...not simply given...at least as far as I believe.

I believe that belief plays ABSOLUTELY NO PART IN WHERE A PERSON ENDS UP IN THE LIFE BEYOND but rather it is the CONSEQUENCES OF ONE'S ACTIONS AND THE AMOUNT OF PAIN/SUFFERING THAT PERSON CAUSES OTHERS which determine whether her merits reward or a certain amount of punishment before being able to move on to a higher plane.

I believe atheism is a dangerous practice as you should believe that there's something to hope for and that death not the end but a beginning. Taking away hope means there is no reason to better yourself so the consequences of your actions are meaningless therefor in theory you can cause a shit load of suffering and it wouldn't matter cause in the end you'll cease to exist. Granted I'm not saying organized religion is the way to go either...my advice is just don't cause pain/suffering to other and just follow your heart and the warm fuzzy feeling that builds up in your chest every time you do a good deed.

I do believe there is a place were horrific people who have causes alot of pain and suffering to others are punished for a certain amount of time (one might call this plane of existence Hell) but I do not believe all people who are bad are sent there for a certain amount of time. I believe that the further you darker your soul with acts of causing pain/suffering to others the longer it takes your soul to rise to a higher state of existence. Thus there are different levels of punishment for different amounts of people who have done what can only be called "evil" in the world.

I believe that if a being (God, Yaweh, Allah, Brama, or whatever it's name is) that rules over the high planes of existence does exist it cannot interfere in the affairs of the living realm. Power comes with a price tag after and who knows what price omnipotent beings have to pay (or what rules they have to adhere to). I do believe that such a being created "EXISTENCE" as all things know it but not for the purpose of some great plan but rather because it did not want to be alone.

I believe atheism is a dangerous practice as you should believe that there's something to hope for and that death not the end but a beginning. Taking away hope means there is no reason to better yourself so the consequences of your actions are meaningless therefor in theory you can cause a shit load of suffering and it wouldn't matter cause in the end you'll cease to exist. Granted I'm not saying organized religion is the way to go either...my advice is just don't cause pain/suffering to other and just follow your heart and the warm fuzzy feeling that builds up in your chest every time you do a good deed.

Oh, quite the contrary, actually. Atheism means not believing in the afterlife, so if this is the only life that we have, why not make it worth the while? The only way you can leave a legacy is by being remembered by those around you. Again, I'd like to point out Kant's philosophy I talked about earlier. Atheists are just a bunch of people who don't need religion to be good.

Well Hello There Queeny,

As I've told you before, or I think I told you, I am a Christian. I believe that Jesus Christ died on the cross for our sins and rose three days later. I believe there's heaven and hell and I also think that Jesus will be calling us back home in our lifetime, also known as the Rapture. To be quite honest, I don't think I would have bothered living if I didn't believe in God, and sorry God in advance, but even if he weren't real, WHICH HE IS, I would still believe him because besides my family and a few select including Queen here, I don't think I would be here. I've been through so many trials my whole life, that I'm surprised myself that I'm not this emo or whatever. So, yeah, my religion is Christianity and I'm not even sure if I should be on these sites because of my religion and the fact that there are a lot of people who bring sex in for no apparent reason.

i was raised catholic but im now an agnostic, i dont deny the existence of god nor can i say there is some kind of supreme being because there is no proof of one.(dont get me confused with an atheist, they dont believe in a god period.):sleep1:

"Mutt" is a good word for me. Raised Lutheran, but then discovered that things just didn't make sense, especially when holding up Old and New Testaments side by side.

Days go by where I think nothing awaits us by 6 feet of dirt (or a date with an oven, whichever you prefer), and other days, I think we're all going to be surprised when this is over.

I have no problem with people who have faith, as long as they have no problem keeping it to themselves (unless asked).

My g/f's philosophy is far more simple: "I'll leave you alone if you leave me alone."

What's New

5/4/2024
The Final vote for the 2023 Golden Feather Awards is open! Visit the GFA fouem and cast your ballot!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** LadyInternet ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back