• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Ten Questions With Dave - GrippedChimp!

Dave2112

Level of Cherry Feather
Greetings again, fellow TMFers! This time around, I'm happy to bring you a sit-down with a truly cool guy and overall neat (if slightly twisted) personality here on the Forum. Straight from the UK...

GrippedChimp!

1) You've won a Golden Feather for Artist of the Year. Has that kind of recognition at all affected the way you approach your art now?

It has, because when you win an award for your efforts, you have to maintain or improve your art to show you're keeping it fresh for people to keep being interested in it. Y'know it's funny. I am the ONLY Briton, and joint-first European to ever win a Golden Feather, and it went largely ignored by the British tickling community, even if they don't give a crap about tickling art overall anyway (the Tickle Brits forum can testify to that). You'd never hear the "popular" (read: argumentative and mocked) British members mention it. Ah well, maybe I'm a wee bitter about that. One of my ethos about my art is: Shut up if you don't like it. I do take criticism personally, and strive to improve my art to where those critics cannot say anything negative. They tend not to say anything positive anyway. Of course, a once Golden Feather winner would always pale in comparison to a soon-to-be three time one in many people's eyes!

2) Speaking of your artwork, many of the 2-dimensional ladies you feature have the label of being based on people you know. How involved are these girls in the creation of the images? By that I mean, are they aware of thier place in your fetish, and if so, how do they feel about it?

Heh, not the first time I've been asked that! I've never told them anything about them being in my tickling art, or even told them about my thing for tickling. Reasons being are mostly answered in question 3. Besides, it seems unlikely that they'll appear on forums like this anyway. Now, TMF members requesting for me to draw them, that's a totally different matter overall...

3) How would you describe the difference in the British approach to tickling and fetishism and that of the West?

In terms of overall fetish here in the UK, either the majority think it's a sick, weird thing, or a complete waste of time. I don't what the sexual stereotype is of Britons to other countries, but I think we're usually potrayed as stuffy and prudish, particularly by Americans. We're totally opposite. The UK is full of promiscuity. We have sex for the sake of it, and most of us, particularly females, moan that it's never good enough, and then keep doing it until it's good enough. That's probably down to lack of foreplay, and for me, that's probably down to us not embracing our fetishes or desires. If we did, then we'll feel more at ease, and don't moan about sex too much. Tickling fetish in the UK is growing, however. We're possibly the second-biggest community of tickling in the world, although nearly all of it is internet-based. Of course, there is tickling going on in fetish clubs, particularly in London (note to self: Go to one of those when you have the balls), and last year, we had the first-ever BAST (British Associated Society of Ticklephiles) gathering in London, primarily run by that BigJim fellow. It was a great learning experience, and yes, I did get tickled, and I am ticklish. You better watch out for that Miss Diva NYC, lads...

4) I've asked this question of others, but want a European take on it. If you could live in any foriegn country, what would it be and why?

I've been a born-and-bred London city boy, and since I know so many people here, I couldn't move away. I'm always faithful to my roots, like that. I couldn't really choose what other countries I want to visit, because I don't go abroad as often as I like to. I've never really seen the world, but as a working-class Pinoy, I'm already considered exotic enough in other people's eyes! I wouldn't mind living in my home country of the Philippines, but it's a 3rd-world country and there have been several kidnappings over there lately. I would love to visit Toyko, though I wouldn't want to stay too long or else I'll get skint! Spain would be nice as well, even if the time I went there last year was a bit crap. Been to Berlin, and that was a great place. I suppose New York is a place I'd love to live in if I didn't live in London. My folks went there in late 2004 and thoroughly enjoyed themselves. Plus, a few tickle artists live around there too.

5) How much of your artwork represents your own personal tickling fantasies, and how much of your effort do you spend on simply exploring non-personal themes for the sake of the art itself and the reaction of others?

All of it, pretty much. That's the great thing to be as an artist: You can draw your own twisted little fantasties and let everyone know about it in the best way possible. That's why I think tickling artwork is a hugely underappreciated medium in comparison to others. Perhaps it's the stereotype that everything drawn or rendered is strictly aimed for kids or younger folk, despite the occasional nudity present. Or maybe none of us can be better than BAC, I dunno. I don't explore for non-personal themes, I merely come across them. If it happens to engage me, I'll implement it in my work. It usually comes from tickling media since I started out here; the biggest culprits being Real Tickling and Tickling Paradise, because the styles, themes and situations they've done has got me into different facets into tickling that I have never been into before. I draw what I think looks good, and in most cases the people that see it agree. Those who don't like it tend to be anal anyways.

6) When all is said and done, what is the best thing that you take away from your involvement with the TMF?

That I've inspired others to do art. Up-and-comers have frequently sung my praises, and that's always flattering, and I'm always encouraging them to keep on going and improve their talents. On that subject, posting here has helped me improve as well. When I see a truly inspired piece of work, I'll admittedly be envious of it for a brief period, but then I attempt to match that by improving my art. One thing I have never done in this community is contribute to publishers. I have been offered once, but I was bogged down with university at the time, and I didn't think I was at that "level" yet. I probably am now, but there's no offers coming through as of late. Wouldn't mind, since I need the money anyway. Yes, that is a call...

7) Ok, here's a twist on a question I asked someone else, geared toward one who lives at least partially within a 2-dimentional world: Jessica Alba, Jessica Beil or Jessica Rabbit?

That's a toughie, seeing that all of them, and are fine in each their own way. I haven't seen Alba or Biel's movies yet (maybe briefly), though I plan to see Sin City one day. I'll admit I've recently had this thing for Jessica Alba: She's gorgeous from every angle, and seeing her feet and armpits... phwoar! Jessica Rabbit... *honk* *boing*... one of sexiest women conceived on cel sheets. By the slightest edge, I'd go with Alba. Though I would've liked a British girl in that mix! Joss Stone, perhaps?

8) Besides tickling-related activities, how does the Chimp like to spend his time? Sports? Literature? Film? Needlepoint?

If my new project is any indication, I am a singer and rhythm guitarist of a band for several years now, and we're only starting to get ourselves known in our local area. We've written songs and recorded a couple, as well as gigged locally a few times too. And yes, the characters, both band members and "groupies" are based on real folks as well, albeit with some exaggerated traits. In fact, music is possibly my biggest passion, apart from art. My favourite acts right now are Terry Callier and Love, and I've spent a lot of my time following my local music scene, where it's so diverse. I'm a big cartoon fan, and there are at times where I come across an absolutely brilliant piece of art. I'm a big tennis fan, and a fairly decent player when I'm playing good. My favourite players right now are Roger Federer and Ana Ivanovic (sexy young up-and-comer, look her up, lads). I'm big on beat-em-up video games, particularly for Capcom and SNK games, hence their frequent occurence in my art. I've recently got into internet shopping, eBay in particular, browsing and buying stuff like a guitar amp, a PA system, leads, mics, and other stuff to help get my band going.

9) Someone is making a movie about your life. Who plays you and why...and what's the title of the film?

Nobody I know who's famous looks like me, and my personality is about as easy to understand as a drunk Geordie with a lollipop in his mouth trying to explain the offside rule in football/soccer to you while in a loud, crowded nightclub. Besides, I'm only 23. I HEP MY WHOLE LIPE AHEAD OF MEEEE! Mind you, I would love to have Rex Navarrete (Filipino-American comedian) as a mad uncle in my movie. The pinoys in da house will know who he is...

10) A popular question among my guests here. You can invite any three (real) people from any point in history for dinner. Who are they and why? What do you make for dinner and what do you ask each guest to bring with them?

Hmm... I'd probably invite Ninoy Aquino, a historical Filipino politician, because he stood up against the man who ruined the Philippines for ever, and paid the price for his life. I'd probably ask him about how he feels on the status of the Philippines today, and his wife's rising to power as President. He doesn't need to bring anything, since he brought a legacy all his own. He once said "The Filipino is worth dying for". Joe Strummer would be my other guest. I wished I had seen him play, as he's one of my musical heroes (along with Terry Callier and Arthur Lee, both of whom I've shook hands with), so we'd probably jam some old Clash songs after dinner, so I'll ask him to bring his sticker-laden Fender Telecaster. My last guest would be a certain Norma Jeane Mortensen. I know it's a cliché as she's a common guest at these "dinner parties", but you can never turn away a female Hollywood icon like her. Like many TMFers here, I'll question her about her feet, given the 6-toe myth. That is of course ain't true, but I'd be more than willing to inspect more closely... and more... Plus Marilyn is a smart lady, so I'll ask her about how to write a good poem (it would help with my songwriting), therefore I'd ask her to bring her poetic skills... and also tell her not to wear anything on her feet. Yeah, I'm shallow. Sue me, beyotch. I am a decent cook, though I have never cooked for company, nor have I cooked anything "expensive", so I'll that one unanswered.

I'd like to thank Chimpy for his time and for the foine insight into his mind! See you guys next time!

:triangle:

You Can View and Post in Previous TQWD Interviews Here!

Personally i would think Johnny Depp would be right to play the lead in your life story, GC.... :woot:

Thanks for the sharing a bit of yourself with us ...keep up the great work...I've been a fan for quite some time..... :smilestar

Ray

I don't know how I overlooked the fact there was a new installment posted! EEP!

Great interview, GC!! Your true personality really shines through in it, and I'm glad to see that as I don't think too many on the forum have a true grasp of who you really are....not to mention how bright and funny you can be!

Good job as always, Dave!!

Mimi :D

venray said:
Personally i would think Johnny Depp would be right to play the lead in your life story, GC.... :woot:

Thanks for the sharing a bit of yourself with us ...keep up the great work...I've been a fan for quite some time..... :smilestar

Ray

yiippeeeeeeeeee you look like johnny depp??? and how did i miss this fine interview also. i also liked joe strummer... keep up all that great art work of yours.

isabeau

I actually don't ANYTHING like Johnny Depp, though the silly, eccentric personality could account for that. Since I've been growing my hair lately, I kinda look Lindsey Buckingham in the Rumours era with thinner facial hair... or Omar Rodriguez from The Mars Volta... or Moss from the IT Crowd (UK sitcom). Basically I look like a geek.

I'm not an open book, and should I be open, what you read is incoherent. I like to be a bit enigmatic, but not pretentious - a personality trait that I find the ugliest and contemptable in others. If you look at selected pics in my site, my humour shines in my art a lot. But coming from a country where they pioneered absurdist comedy has that effect on you.

Oh yes, if you wanna know, my band has had a little bit of a breakthrough. We were selected to be on a local music CD that will be distributed across the UK. Because of this, I've not been able to do any art recently, as we've been spending more time writing songs and rehearsing to get ready for future gigs. Still, the project I'm doing here is related to my musical exploits, so it could make for some interesting developments!

Awesome Chimpers!! Keep us updated, and good luck with it!

Thanks, GC, and Dave. GC is an awesome guy, and I wish him all the best in his persuit of music, and his other projects.

Mitch

What's New

5/18/2024
The vote for the 2023 Golden Feather Awards is still open! Vote in the GFA forum today!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back