• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

That Was A Td!!!

Mufasa said:
anybody see the Jet game?
I saw the game. I agree with you, but even though there is replay there are still going to be mistakes. The ruling on the field made the play not reviewable. I can see both sides of the arguement. We can't cry though. We really played badly and did not deserve to win this game. And isn't that really the bottomline??? We didn't play well. Hats off to the Cleveland Browns.

Yes, I did....and it was a joke. This is another example of how NFL officiating has taken a serious downturn in the last two and a half seasons and needs to be revisited. And before Browns fans jump on the "sour grapes" bandwagon, the fact that it didn't go the Jets' way isn't the issue. The issue is that the play wasn't even looked at. The play decided the game! It deserved at least a booth review. Especially considering that a later replay of the play from a different angle CLEARLY showed a push-out. It wasn't even close. There was a good foot-and-a-half leeway for Baker to have come down in bounds. That is exactly what the push-out rule is in place for.

All in all, the officiating crews and the way the game is called needs to be looked at closely. From the "tuck rule" (which single-handedly sent the Patriots to the Super Bowl) to last years' Super Bowl debacle, refs have been doing more than just blowing calls, they've been deciding games, divisions and championships...or at least deciding who goes to them.

I'm not going as far as to say it's anything close to "rigging", but I feel that many refs are getting to old for the job. Eyesight, attention and perception are the most important things for a ref (especially line judges, where most of these errors are occuring), and there are far too many that have been around for more than fifteen years.

That being said, the decision not to even look at the Jets/Browns play is a black eye to the league.

Nah..we should return to the good old days where there were NO reviews of plays.....where the game was played and called and if ya dindt like the call too bad....

We count so much on replays these days we may as well eliminate refs and umpires in all sports and let the announcers call the plays..... :p

I am not even a Jets fan but that was a Bull Shit call, I think he would have come in and make the catch. Bad call by the refs but what can you do

If the Jets would have played the way they should've against the Browns then it wouldn't have come down to that. You can't blame a loss over 10 seconds of a game when the other 59 minutes were played bad.

Tickle_Fiend05 said:
If the Jets would have played the way they should've against the Browns then it wouldn't have come down to that. You can't blame a loss over 10 seconds of a game when the other 59 minutes were played bad.
I happen to agree with you Fiend. The Jets didn't deserve to win. Would Chris Baker come down in bounds??? I think so. But you are absolutely right. So I WILL NOT complain about what happened. I pick on you Fiend and your Cowbells but the bottomline is that I am fair. So please take note that I am not complaining about this loss because the Jets deserved to lose this game. And that is ultimately the bottomline.

ticklingfeet4fu said:
I happen to agree with you Fiend. The Jets didn't deserve to win. Would Chris Baker come down in bounds??? I think so. But you are absolutely right. So I WILL NOT complain about what happened. I pick on you Fiend and your Cowbells but the bottomline is that I am fair. So please take note that I am not complaining about this loss because the Jets deserved to lose this game. And that is ultimately the bottomline.

I'm not saying the fans shouldn't complain. The players are the one's who allowed it to come down to that. I thought he was going to come down in bounds too.

What's New

5/20/2024
Visit the TMF Welcome forum and take a moment to say hello to us all!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** LadyInternet ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back