• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

The Dark Knight Rises

alchemy

Verified
Saw the movie a few days ago....and have mixed feelings about it.

It was good...but not great. Ultimately, I was kinda disappointed. It was too convoluted with too many plot holes and frankly, I didn't like the how the Batman character and story were treated. Bane was perfectly played by Tom Hardy, but I really didn't like his voice.

I can say this, there's a very obvious anti-Occupy message in it.

For those who have seen it, any opinions? Like it? Hate it?

I really haven't enjoyed the Christpher Nolan Batman films, as they all seem too bloated and depressing. There's no sense of "fun" in them. I saw TDKR and my thought was that its ok, nothing great; I have no feeling of needing to see it again.

The Avengers was FAR more enjoyable!

I love it, saw it twice... but then my sig could make me biased. Was it the greatest movie ever, no but I liked seeing a trilogy ending a story arc. I was worried about Bane but actually loved how he was approached. I'm sad to see this version of Batman being over as it brought back the respect the character deserved after the 90's crap versions. I will always remember this trilogy and especially being on set for the 2nd film in Chicago.

With that all said, I'm ready for the next version that ties Batman in the same world as Superman, with fantastic villains like Clayface, Killer Croc, etc.

DK

I thought it was a pro-occupy message, personally.

I agree that the plot was a mess, but that's pretty much true of every superhero movie ever made so it didn't bother me.

I thought it was a decent end to the trilogy that respected the idea that you really can't keep being batman forever.

I enjoyed it. I thought it was a good follow up to The Dark Knight and I think Bane should narrate children's stories.

I personally loved it!
However, as a long-time Batman fan, I have to point out..
NONE of Batman's several Robins were ever literally named Robin.
:objection:

I thought the relationship between Batman and Catwoman was rather forced. The fight scenes were clunky and underwhelming, more like rock'em sock 'em robots then a graceful batman battle. I thought Bane was fantastic, and it was an all together decent film. Don't know if I'd ever see it again.

Out of Nolan's Batman films...I rank it second to "The Dark Knight" because of Heath Ledgers absolutely brilliant performance as The Joker.

It was SLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOW to get kick-started in my opinion; and going in Bane has always has bored me to tears. But I think it got better and better as time progressed; and Bane even impressed me more than I expected. LOVED the ending!

Still liked The Dark Knight better though. I agree with the above poster that you can't beat Ledger's Joker, plus I'm a huge fan of Two-Face (not the goofy ass one that TLJ played).

I thought it was great; really intense, and I commend Tom Hardy's performance for having to do with a lot of that. I agree on the slow-start but my view was that this was merely to contrast the gradual increase in aggressiveness. 'The Dark Knight' was excellent, and a ridiculously tough act to follow, so I wasn't expecting anything like that. All I wanted was just a good popcorn/action flick and that's what I received.

Any connection to Occupy seems spurious and circumstantial to me considering Nolan had the idea for the story nearly two years before the start of OWS, and had subsequently completed filming only a month after it began (shooting started in May of 2011).

I don't think the "message" (such as it is) is meant as a pro- or anti- OCCUPY message. I think Nolan pulled on topical bits and pieces and remixed them to create something new. How the audience interprets it is up to them.

You can see portions of it as a cautionary tale for elites and authorities, or a story of the tyranny of the mob...

I see it as a movie, and one that could have been better, frankly.

I know it's wrong to judge Dark Knight Rises by the standards of The Dark Knight, but since the same guy made both I think some criticism is acceptable, especially where you know he could have done better.

The Dark Knight brought in political themes about acceptable limits on power, terrorism vs. authoritarianism, whether the ends justify the means... Dark Knight Rises could have expanded on these themes and deepened the overall impact of the trilogy, but instead it chose to focus on Bruce Wayne's own existential crisis. To me, this was a missed opportunity.

I mean, when the movie opens Gotham has been free of organized crime for eight years. And yet poverty and inequality have apparently gotten worse, so bad that as soon as Bane arrives Gothamites start openly lynching each other. Why? It's pretty shocking, really, and without some explanation it looks like a plot hole (what, the Arkham inmates were responsible for everything? I'm pretty sure ten million ordinary citizens can take a few hundred lunatics). But wouldn't it be interesting if we learned that Batman's crusade against organized crime had actually ended up hurting Gotham? Maybe the security provided by the Dent Act paved the way for a predatory class of venture capitalists to sweep in and make things worse than anyone could have imagined. Wouldn't it be interesting to have explored whether Batman had perhaps chosen the wrong path all those years ago when he decided that criminals were the real evil? But instead of exploring any of those questions, the movie chose to do... well, not much. The story instead focuses on Bruce Wayne's journey, coming to terms with his grief and his limitations, and learning that fear is part of being human. It's not quite nothing, but it's sure seems like a copout when you consider the huge potential.

I thought it might be a good idea to take this much too seriously:

When Batman & Bruce Wayne BOTH dissapeared after Dent's death why didn't anyone put 2 +2 together? Why didn't the city collectively come to the conclusion of Batman's identity when it happened AGAIN after the Bane incident (not just Gordon)? And surely, after 8 years, you'd think Coleman Reese would have been comfortable talking about what he discovered at Wayne Enterprises, like, around year #6, right? Unless Wayne had him killed.

And "Catwoman" really wasn't all that cat-identifiable. No ears really, no whip, no claws, no purring, SHE OWNED NO CATS AT ALL..... It's like she was just "Woman". Call her Black Canary and be done with it.

I liked it, but it was more of an big adventure movie than something special. And movies, please bring back intermissions like in days of yore.

i didnt liked it too much and the story really disappointed me too much as it was expected to be another thrilling movie of batman series but it really failed to do so the story and acting in this movie just bored the viewers

My roommate & I saw the Dark Knight Rises and it was very good except it was very long. Thank God that nobody came with a gun and started shooting people.

Sorry about bumping this old thread but I just saw the movie for the first time over the weekend.

I thought it might be a good idea to take this much too seriously:

When Batman & Bruce Wayne BOTH dissapeared after Dent's death why didn't anyone put 2 +2 together? Why didn't the city collectively come to the conclusion of Batman's identity when it happened AGAIN after the Bane incident (not just Gordon)? And surely, after 8 years, you'd think Coleman Reese would have been comfortable talking about what he discovered at Wayne Enterprises, like, around year #6, right? Unless Wayne had him killed.

And "Catwoman" really wasn't all that cat-identifiable. No ears really, no whip, no claws, no purring, SHE OWNED NO CATS AT ALL..... It's like she was just "Woman". Call her Black Canary and be done with it.

I liked it, but it was more of an big adventure movie than something special. And movies, please bring back intermissions like in days of yore.

Bruce Wayne saved Coleman Reese's life in The Dark Knight when he drove his car in between Reese and the car trying to ram him. I guess we're to assume that Reese felt indebted enough to Bruce to keep his secret to himself.

As for TDKR....WARNING: SPOILER ALERT if you haven't seen it yet!!

How I ultimately feel about the movie depends on whether Alfred really sees Bruce and Selina in that cafe at the end of the movie, or if we're just seeing what Alfred wishes he saw. If Bruce really does die in the explosion, it makes an already depressing movie even more depressing. If he used the autopilot (which Lucious later finds out was fixed by Bruce) and faked his own death to start over with Selina, then it's not quite as depressing. Personally I think we're just seeing what Alfred wishes he saw, because if he really believed Bruce was dead he would at least look a little surprised when he saw Bruce in that cafe, wouldn't he? But until Christopher Nolan comes out and says one way or the other what the ending meant, I'll keep hoping that really was Bruce in the cafe LOL

What's New

5/20/2024
Visit the TMF Welcome forum and take a moment to say hello to us all!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** LadyInternet ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back