• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

The great 2010 FIFA World Cup thread

isrdew

TMF Regular
Somehow I'm not surprised, in a mostly American forum, that there was no such thread until the very day it started...

Now we are behind the first game, a 1-1 draw between hosts South Africa and Mexico. In about two hours, France and Uruguay take the field.

So which is your team? who's your favorite to win?
Who will be the surprise team of the tournament?
Who will be the disappointment?

Here are my bets:

My favorite to win - Germany. they have both star quality and mental toughness that no other team has.

The surprise of the tournament - Serbia. a very strong team with consistent quality performances over the past few years.

The disappointment of the tournament - Spain and England. Spain is due to meet either Brazil or Portugal in the second round. I believe they will lose to either of them. England will meet either Germany or Serbia, and will lose to either one.

Yeah, I have to be honest...I've never gotten into soccer and I don't think I ever will. And I will watch pretty much any sport...besides soccer and Nascar. That being said, I will try and catch the USA matches. I know they play England tomorrow which should supposedly be a good match. Being from the USA, I will of course be rooting from them, but from the little bit I've heard about them, I don't think they stand much of a chance of winning it all. Most of the people I've heard speak about the World Cup are picking either Brazil or Spain so it is interesting that you are picking Germany. I don't know if they'd be considered a "surprise" team, but I heard a few people talking about Holland having a chance. That's about all I got. Sorry. I'm sure some other people can speak more intelligently on the subject. I'm not going to pretend to be an expert on a sport I know very little about. lol

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pPVlAhK2j2o&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pPVlAhK2j2o&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

I'm rooting for Serbia, because there's a Croatian I work with that I don't like. :D

Beyond that, I'm cheering for whichever team has the least greasy-looking hair. GO FOOTBALL!

Snail Shell

If the United States won the World Cup, how long would it take Obama to apologize to the rest of the world for winning it?

WK%202010%20hup%20Holland%20hup!%20speelschema%20wk%202010.jpg

hurray for boobies!

Not in this world cup, but Brazil does...
Holland was actually my favorite team in the tournament even before this picture... but like always they will find a way to flop it.

World Cup is always fun, even if you're not a soccer fan. It's the Olympics of soccer, and you can feel how much the players want to win it. I think it's compelling just for the passion of it all.

I suppose I have to root for the US, since I've never been a citizen anywhere else. I really just want them to stomp England in their first so we have bragging rights. (Which would make up for losing the greatest opportunity in US history by not taking the hockey gold medal from canada in canada) Other than that, I'm not too hopeful or excited for the US, who looks like they're still a Cup or two away from being a legit player.

It's the Capri Sun Cup

capri-sun.jpg

What all of the FIFA soccer players get to drink after they get carted off the field on a stretcher for a hang nail. After they wipe their tears away, they'll enter the game in tip top shape on the very next play. Thanks to their capri-sun.

What is the name of the trophy that they give to the most impressive injury-faker?

If the United States won the World Cup, how long would it take Obama to apologize to the rest of the world for winning it?

It's a moot point, as they haven't a chance in hell of getting through the group stage, let alone winning.

Yep, they should have been two or three up already

Right after this game, it's Argentina vs. Nigeria. Argentina has the two best players in the world with now (Messi and Milito) but they have Maradona for coach, which is dreadful. Still I don't see how Nigeria can contain them, even though Nigeria has a very good goalkeeper (He plays right here in Israel, way above the level of the league here. We really don't understand why he is still here...)

What is the name of the trophy that they give to the most impressive injury-faker?

The "Gridiron Is ******-Rugby" Cup. At least I think that's what it's called, I have no way to be sure because nobody outside of the US gives a flying fuck about American 'sports'.

As far as World Cup teams go, Viva Espana! :D

Best team in the world as far as I can see, due a fucking win after 60 years of bottling it, it's their year this year. I suppose I should really be supporting England but I'm not going to because I hate the England national team.

Yep, they should have been two or three up already

Right after this game, it's Argentina vs. Nigeria. Argentina has the two best players in the world with now (Messi and Milito) but they have Maradona for coach, which is dreadful. Still I don't see how Nigeria can contain them, even though Nigeria has a very good goalkeeper (He plays right here in Israel, way above the level of the league here. We really don't understand why he is still here...)

OK, who wants to touch me? :)

I cheer for the home nations of my parents, have done so my entire life since El Canadiana is no good enuff in futbol yet...

I iz a Dutchmen fan thankies to my mom and the team that represents my dad, is sadly on the short stick in the Group of Death - Portugal.

I'M STILL GOING TO RABIDLY CHEER THEM ON!!! HOO-RAH!!!

:sherlock:Okay, which one of you American feckers bribed the England goalkeeper?

Poor form by Robert Green in the 40th minute (Though Capello said he'll likely be staying as goalie for the next game). Otherwise a cracking 90 minutes was had.

If England does not advance to the next round I'd hate to be their goalkeeper.

all i'm going to say is "whew, caught a break!"

If England does not advance to the next round I'd hate to be their goalkeeper.

I'm just surprised the SMS jokes haven't started circulating yet. About ten minutes after any catastrophe is the usual time.

As an Englishman, can't help but feel we were slightly robbed

I corrected it for you :p

In other news, Slovenia are top of group C! :D Also it seems that today was 'flagrant stupid hand-ball day'.

What's New

5/11/2024
The TMF Art and Story Archives collect some of our communities best creators work in one place!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back