• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

The 'Groovy Threads' Thread

Soda Bobinski

Verified
Who sports the snazziest duds in comics?

Whether it be hero or villian , try & include a pic so that we may see your choice of 'coolest costume' in all its dapperness.

Limit each post to one costume selection , please. :pweese:

I will love the face off this thread!

OK, first off the top of my head, I bring you Guardian from the group Alpha Flight (Marvel Comics):
attachment.jpg

The suit is a simple two-color deal, but its simplicity is awesome! One look and you know where this dude is from and what he's about (or should I say "aboot"?). A rather elegant design from the great John Byrne.

OK, next up is another flag inspired costume, this time from across the pond. I present to you, Captain Britain! (Marvel Comics)
captain-britain1.jpg

This is the captains second costume, a redesign from the awesome Alan Davis. This version of the costume is far less cluttered and allows the good captain to proudly wear his nations flag.

The 'transformed' Dr. Strange! : )

3222378781_84552dbf40_b.jpg

Via Issue #177 (I believe. You nerds can correct me if I'm off. :) )

He no longer had the dashing hair due to his costume change. Which was actually really done due to low monies on the Sales area. (fun fact #1!)

They also tried to 'bring it back' in '02. But it was a little too 'modernized' for my liking. (fun fact #2!)

Mark Silverstri's "Darkness" form is one of my top favorites. Very "Predator" meets hunky mob-dude Ninja. Noms.

darkness2nz1.png

Last edited:
They also tried to 'bring it back' in '02. But it was a little too 'modernized' for my liking. (fun fact #2!)

That was in the series "The Order", which was a continuation of "The Defenders". I just read that series last week!

Hey, good call on Stingray, Soda! I've always dug his look.

Now, continuing on with my newly discovered fetish for flag theamed costumes, I present to you the late, great Union Jack! He fought both regular Nazis and vampire Nazis during WWII...all while looking stylish!
JB22.jpg

I even kinda dug his modern day incarnation, although it seems very Captain Britain-ish...
ujack32.jpg

Now that I have my flag peeps out of my system, let's take a look over on Earth-712 from the Marvel U. I give you Doctor Spectrum of the Squadron Supreme:
doctorspectrum.jpg

And, here's his short lived black & white version of his costume:
114px-Joseph_Ledger_Earth-712.jpg

Man, I love me some Squadron Supreme! I wish Mark Gruenwald had lived, so he could have assured us more stories from the Squad :(

Black Bolt :

Blackagar_Boltagon_%28Earth-616%29_0001.gif

If you're able to sport a tuning fork on your forehead & still look badass , then you deserve to be on this list.

Good ol' Grendel (Hunter Rose) was a rather snazzy dresser for a costumed individual.
259571-124782-hunter-rose_large.jpg

Weird Head-gear? How'za 'bout Galactus?

galactus.gif

And. Picture un-related, but I found this lil' Gem for Soda. <3 :

stanlee.jpg

Mr. Lee be raisin' the dukes!

Lady Blackhawk

Query and Echo.
I see some commissions coming up.

Attachments

• Ynk_Lady_Blackhawk_by_MARCIOABREU7-redux-72.jpg
    Ynk_Lady_Blackhawk_by_MARCIOABREU7-redux-72.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 1
  • 300px-QE2.jpg
    300px-QE2.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 0
Until he was thwarted by a midget!

Do not. Fuck. W/Puck.

galactus.gif

Yes. Even a living , cosmic force of nature can be dressed to the nines. :thumbsup:

And. Picture un-related, but I found this lil' Gem for Soda. <3 :

stanlee.jpg

Mr. Lee be raisin' the dukes!

Thank ya , darlin'. <3

Always dug Hobby's modified 'Green Goblin' getup:

hobgoblinii.gif

... of course , one shouldn't expect anything less from a fashion designer-turned-supervillian. ;)

galactus.gif

To invoke the name of Galactus is to invite death! Never mock his crazy headgear!

Always dug Hobby's modified 'Green Goblin' getup:

hobgoblinii.gif

... of course , one shouldn't expect anything less from a fashion designer-turned-supervillian. ;)

Soda, have I told you lately how much I love you?? Roderick Kingsley as Hobgoblin is my all time favorite supervillain! I was going to add him next :)

What's New

5/10/2024
Our Welcome forum has a place for you to introduce yourself. Say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back