• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

The Halloween Thread (Boo!)

CapturedDoll

Verified
This thread is being started a week early obviously. I figured it would be fun to post about what we're doing throughout the week. :) And on Halloween, post pics of our costumes here and what we're all doing that night. :witchy::harleyhugsjoker::frankie::firedevil:bat::sherlock::stirthepot:

Well, this year will be the first time I'm going to be celebrating Samhain. I've been studying Wicca a bit for the past year. I of course was interested in it during middle school like most teenage girls. I did do a kind of ritual in the forest with some of my friends, but we were just playing around, inspired by the movie The Craft probably.

I got back into it through an interest in the historical aspect ("What were my Irish ancestors into before the Christians came over?") as well as a feeling that a lot of the ritual aspects - lighting candles, incense, focusing one's mind on positive things / manifesting desires / healing etc - were, in a sense, meditative and relaxing. Meditation is something I've always been interested in, but I find it extremely difficult to sit still and quiet my mind. Since I started reading about Wicca and holding my own little ceremonies in what's now become "My Witch Room" (spare bedroom where I've set up my altar, crystals, herbs etc) I've found it easier to settle down after a long or stressful day.

I have done an uncrossing spell when I was convinced I was cursed. I did a bond strengthening spell that totally backfired lol And I've done a couple healing spells (for others, which I hope helped them) as well as a luck ritual that got me a free oz of weed and 4 free tacos haha. Didn't win the megamillions tho :/ haha

Anyway, back to Samhain - This is when the veil between this world and the Otherworld is thinned. During this time, you can communicate or be visited by ancestors, spirits, those who have passed. Pagans both current and past sometimes hold "Dumb Dinners" where a seasonal meal, or a favorite meal of the departed is made and places are set for them.

I am going to also be engaging in a bit of necromancy. Today is the Hunter's Moon - October's full moon (and it's in Taurus, so if you or anyone you know has been extra emotional lately, that could be a reason) , when the veil between dimensions is the thinnest. I am lucky to not have lost any very close family members yet in my 31 years on Earth, but I have lost a number of close pets, one of which ASU and I are SURE is still hanging around (we have both seen him in various spots he loved around the house - usually out of the corner of our eyes, or heard him when there was nothing there to make the noise).

So for the past week I have been preparing my altar with Autumnal items like moss balls, lotus blossoms, acorns, and pine cones. I have pictures of our beloved cat, Hercules, as well as some of his favorite snacks. I added a few candles, moon lamp, and fake skulls, keeping geomancy in mind. Every night at midnight, I've been trying to meditate over Herc's pictures for a few minutes in an attempt to ultimately summon his shade.

Tonight I'll have a sort of trial-run of the rite. Prior to midnight, I will have a ritual bath to cleanse and prepare for the act and then put on my pentacle. Following that, I will cast my circle, call the quarters, light my Profumo di Morte, and make a few incantations. With some luck, if timed correctly, this will all lead up to the stroke of midnight where I will then present my questions / statements to the deceased, with the help of my crystal ball for scrying.

Hopefully, I won't open a portal to Hell and let demons into my life. :)

Happy Halloween / Samhain / Day of the Dead everyone. :)

I can see how that can be relaxing. :) I wonder if there's a forum or site you can go to where people trade crystals? Probably not but... there should be! I have 2 crystal necklaces I will wear where I know a good day is coming. To let it soak up all the good and positive energy. Or to a different city. A lil New York. A lil Cali. etc :) SInce each area of the world has different vibes. Even a few KISS conventions, concerts/ other bands. lol. (Hey music is positive and great energy too! And sexuality... even comedy shows.)

I use to love going to Science Museums and seeing all the different rocks and crystals. (And some Art museums.) So much beauty from the earth. :)

Please Chicago... cast me a spell for some weed. XD Now, I'd asked for some tacos but... there may be a bigger taco lover than me so... why be greedy and upset the taco gods. lol ;) And if you do raise some demons... can you mix in a tickle spell for us? That would be VERY MUCH appreciated. XD

Seriously, I like what you're doing. Anything that helps us feel peaceful and more connected to the Universe, I think is awesome. This is another reason why I pick up trash around my city. Not only does it NEED it. I also want to show the Universe, and the animals, that I appreciate it/ them. And respect them. Gotta give back to the Universe and help it, if we want anything positive back in return. (Even if it's just feeling good about doing that.) That's how I look at it. And this is part of what brings me happiness and peace.

Before Spawn, I would stay in each year and watch the 'Halloween' films. As Spawn is going to a party this year, I may do that again for the first time. Halloween has always been a closure of Summer for me and I prefer to be alone in that time. Nothing really awesome -- but it helps me due to the depression I get in the "middle seasons" being Fall and Spring. I used to get physically sick on each occasion but now it is just more of a depression and anxiety.

I can see how that can be relaxing. :) I wonder if there's a forum or site you can go to where people trade crystals? Probably not but... there should be! I have 2 crystal necklaces I will wear where I know a good day is coming. To let it soak up all the good and positive energy. Or to a different city. A lil New York. A lil Cali. etc :) SInce each area of the world has different vibes. Even a few KISS conventions, concerts/ other bands. lol. (Hey music is positive and great energy too! And sexuality... even comedy shows.)

I use to love going to Science Museums and seeing all the different rocks and crystals. (And some Art museums.) So much beauty from the earth. :)

Please Chicago... cast me a spell for some weed. XD Now, I'd asked for some tacos but... there may be a bigger taco lover than me so... why be greedy and upset the taco gods. lol ;) And if you do raise some demons... can you mix in a tickle spell for us? That would be VERY MUCH appreciated. XD

Seriously, I like what you're doing. Anything that helps us feel peaceful and more connected to the Universe, I think is awesome. This is another reason why I pick up trash around my city. Not only does it NEED it. I also want to show the Universe, and the animals, that I appreciate it/ them. And respect them. Gotta give back to the Universe and help it, if we want anything positive back in return. (Even if it's just feeling good about doing that.) That's how I look at it. And this is part of what brings me happiness and peace.

Crystal trading seems like such a good idea. Items do hold a spirit of sorts and many things I choose for my altar, including an altar cloth blessed by a fortune teller, I wonder about their past / secrets or energies. I'd be worried about anything negative being unintentionally accepted into ones life, but that's why it's important to cleanse / consecrate magical tools / items and keep good karma.

Dude, I DONT KNOW HOW I WON. I haven't won anything since like the 3rd grade spelling bee and then all in one day (after a few awful days) I won that weed raffle and then ordered 2 tacos and got 6? lol wtf haha. I wish I could send you half of what I won, cuz I aint gonna get through it all anytime soon haha.

You're such a positive light, I bet the Universe has something even better in store for you :) <3

Before Spawn, I would stay in each year and watch the 'Halloween' films. As Spawn is going to a party this year, I may do that again for the first time. Halloween has always been a closure of Summer for me and I prefer to be alone in that time. Nothing really awesome -- but it helps me due to the depression I get in the "middle seasons" being Fall and Spring. I used to get physically sick on each occasion but now it is just more of a depression and anxiety.

I understand that. Movies have been a huge part of my life. (And books.) It gives me a real sense of solice. And I enjoy that feeling of being alone, and taken on a journey. It's actually hard for me to watch movies with people. Most have never respected the movies enough to stfu an hour or two. lol I hate that. But watching a film, or reading a book, are truly the things that relax me the most.

For Halloween I'm dressing up. But I want to watch "Faust", Lost Boys, and Halloween. Course nothing usually ever goes to plan but I really want to watch Faust if nothing else. This is by Jan Svankmajer. A friend sent me a copy a few days ago. I have wanted a copy since I was 15!! I was over the moon getting this. :) It's a crazy, and oddly spooky film. But, so crazy its absolutely great.

This is another favorite of mine by Jan. "Alice" A bizarre but awesome take on Alice In Wonderland. Stop Animation. Spooky too. I love his work.

Crystal trading seems like such a good idea. Items do hold a spirit of sorts and many things I choose for my altar, including an altar cloth blessed by a fortune teller, I wonder about their past / secrets or energies. I'd be worried about anything negative being unintentionally accepted into 're true.ones life, but that's why it's important to cleanse / consecrate magical tools / items and keep good karma.

I've thought of that when accepting a gift of crystal. Sometimes I think that... maybe it should just sit outside.. and let the breeze take away any negative energy. Seems right somehow. I should have done that with the 2nd necklace I received. lol. This came from a person that... well she's nice but... very selfish. (Her words, not mine. But they are true.) So... I haven't done it, but talking about this now... I think I'm going to put it outside tonight. Coulden't hurt right?

Dude, I DONT KNOW HOW I WON. I haven't won anything since like the 3rd grade spelling bee and then all in one day (after a few awful days) I won that weed raffle and then ordered 2 tacos and got 6? lol wtf haha. I wish I could send you half of what I won, cuz I aint gonna get through it all anytime soon haha.

You're such a positive light, I bet the Universe has something even better in store for you :) <3

Chicago... you've got one super stoner weed spirit looking out for you. Weed AND tacos? Whatever spell you cast... send it to me. I wanna get on this spirits good side. LOL

Aww thank you Chi. :) <3

(And smoke a toke for me! XD )

Not sure I should chime in here (kinda gettin away from the original post....sorry, Dol), but when people mention the use of crystals.... I be a geologist by edumacation and part of my career. Can't believe in the properties attributed to each mineral crystal; so many have the same properties, depending on whose book you read (and, if you get a piece, it may not be an actual crystal). Then again, we don't know how our brain creates our "conciousness" or whatever you want to call it. Scientifically, we can't prove nor disprove the supposed effects. Could be a long discussion. On Halloween, i would put a large quartz crystal outside my door, but I'm afraid someone would steal it.

My GF and I are going to a costume party hosted by friends as Obi-Wan Kenobi and Slave Leia.

@rdhd Oh yeah it would be! Down here people will steal plastic, pink flamingos. LOL

All I know about crystals is 4 quartz to a gallon, right? ;) Happy belated Halloween and remember the candy is probably now on sale!!

Oh yeah!! :) Love the discounts. AND hit up the thrift stores for costumes. :)

Kinda sad- I had bought three bags of candy for the local trick-or-treaters. Still have most of it - only had 6 kids show up. Time for a sugar high.....

Kinda sad- I had bought three bags of candy for the local trick-or-treaters. Still have most of it - only had 6 kids show up. Time for a sugar high.....

That's 6 more than I had. I've lived in the same apartment over ten years and never had a single kid show up. Just in case I spent a whopping $2 on some mini candy bars. Guess I'll be snacking on them.

What's New

5/22/2024
Check out Clips4Sale for more tickling clips of all sorts then anyplace else!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** LadyInternet ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back