• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

The Ironic Creations of Pop Culture Icons

DebonairDavid

TMF Regular
Disclaimer: I'm in NO ways poking fun at the indirect ways these characters or franchises were created, because it would be insensitive of me to do so. I just find it interesting and strange how without these tragic events in history, they wouldn't exist.

Godzilla is a reptile who was mutated by nuclear radiation, so J.R. Oppenheimer and everyone else responsible for the Manhattan Project is indirectly responsible for his creation. The Wolfenstein games are about killing Nazis, so without Hitler rising to power, they wouldn't exist. This becomes even more ironic when one of the bosses is Mecha-Hitler. Also, he, along with the bombing of Pearl Harbor, eventually led to the creation of Captain America. Other examples include Black Panther and the X-Men because of the racism and bigotry that existed before and during the Civil Rights Movement back in the 60s.

Who else can think of a character or franchise indirectly created from another negative historical event? Imagine how different entertainment would be if history didn't happen the way it did

If you are wanting an IRL version of this phenomenon, Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James is a fanfiction that would not exist without the existence of Twilight by Stephanie Meyers Stephanie Meyers has stated in interviews that she was inspired to write Twilight after she had a dream that Gerard Way was a sparkling vampire. Gerard Way has stated that he was inspired to form the band My Chemical Romance after witnessing the Twin Towers fall on 9/11. All of that is to say, you can draw a direct line from 9/11 to a middle-aged woman's shitty depiction of BDSM and sparkly vampires.

If you are wanting an IRL version of this phenomenon, Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James is a fanfiction that would not exist without the existence of Twilight by Stephanie Meyers Stephanie Meyers has stated in interviews that she was inspired to write Twilight after she had a dream that Gerard Way was a sparkling vampire. Gerard Way has stated that he was inspired to form the band My Chemical Romance after witnessing the Twin Towers fall on 9/11. All of that is to say, you can draw a direct line from 9/11 to a middle-aged woman's shitty depiction of BDSM and sparkly vampires.
Interesting

What's New

5/14/2024
If you ned to report a post, click the report button to its lower left.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back