• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

The most important songs in history

Federkitzler

TMF Expert
Songs that changed the world in a way. What do you think?
I think 3 of them are

Pink Floyd - Another Brick in the Wall

The Scorpions - Wind of Change

The Beatles - Let it be

... Your turn!

I don't know about the world, but certainly a song that changed music is Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana.

Snail Shell

Not really a song but Ode to Joy is a very important piece in terms of history of music.

Elvis Presley - Hard Rock Hotel (Not a fan but it was basically the advent of Rock and Roll for hundreds of thousands, after years of old jazz and crooners).

The Beatles - She Loves You (The up and coming Beatles' second number one. Spoke directly to the fans and made thousands of women scream themselves hoarse).

Last Night - The Strokes (Okay, so this one is personal - changed MY world somewhat).

Cheers - good thread!

Moondog :D

Bob Geldof/ Band Aid-Do they know its Christmas (wrong time of year I know but it was the first one that came to mind)

Baddiel and Skinner- 3 lions on a shirt-any England game that's all you can hear the crowd chant most often.

Last edited:
"Imagine"

Yeah, the Beatles pretty much affected everything. I'd think their most "important" songs were like "Come Together" or "Revolution" or "All You Need Is Love". The movement songs.
and

We Shall Overcome
Ohio (CSN&Y)
We Are the World
Billy Jean

There are waaay too many important songs in history to count here. From the minstrel show, through the creation of jazz, blues, country, R&B, Rock and Roll, Rock, Heavy Metal, Punk, Rap, Hip Hop, and Alternative... there are too many songs in history that had a great effect on the world. I don't have a song but I do have an artist that I think had one of the greatest effects on music and history today. If I recall my music course lectures, there was a man named Scott Joplin (I'm going on pure memory so if you have anything I may have forgotten, post it!) who introduced a new type of music to the people at the 1893 World's Fair in Chicago. While not new for some, this new brand of music was called ragtime and it is essentially the grand predecessor to all of the music genres (post-Renaissance, classical and opera do not count) we know today, most notably jazz and blues.

What's that one song, it sounds like a hillbilly sort of song? It's a 'peace now' sort of song...hows it go "come on sing along! Smile on eachother something something something, when we help one another right now!"

I don't know the name of the band or the song, but thats part of the lyrics.

Wow. You guys sure have a bewildering perspective on the most important songs in history.

big_dogg85 said:
There are waaay too many important songs in history to count here. From the minstrel show, through the creation of jazz, blues, country, R&B, Rock and Roll, Rock, Heavy Metal, Punk, Rap, Hip Hop, and Alternative... there are too many songs in history that had a great effect on the world. I don't have a song but I do have an artist that I think had one of the greatest effects on music and history today. If I recall my music course lectures, there was a man named Scott Joplin (I'm going on pure memory so if you have anything I may have forgotten, post it!) who introduced a new type of music to the people at the 1893 World's Fair in Chicago. While not new for some, this new brand of music was called ragtime and it is essentially the grand predecessor to all of the music genres (post-Renaissance, classical and opera do not count) we know today, most notably jazz and blues.

I was actually going to mention Joplin, I forgot.
http://www.trachtman.org/MIDI/Joplin/mapleaf.mid
The Maple Leaf Rag
Of course, he also wrote The Entertainer, probably his most famous.

Vladislaus Dracula said:
What's that one song, it sounds like a hillbilly sort of song? It's a 'peace now' sort of song...hows it go "come on sing along! Smile on eachother something something something, when we help one another right now!"

I don't know the name of the band or the song, but thats part of the lyrics.
"Get Together" by The Youngbloods

MistressValerie said:
"Get Together" by The Youngbloods

Thank you SO MUCH for that! It's not that I particularly like the song, but I remember hearing it on t.v as part of one of those 60's or 70's albums, and when I've tried to figure it out doing searches it was particularly aggrivating!

Murph71 said:
Wow. You guys sure have a bewildering perspective on the most important songs in history.

Then enlighten us, dear Murph...offer a new perspective...

Federkitzler said:
Songs that changed the world in a way. What do you think?
I think 3 of them are

Pink Floyd - Another Brick in the Wall

The Scorpions - Wind of Change

The Beatles - Let it be

... Your turn!
I'd say definately your last choice, written during the (I classify) as the turbulant 1960's - war in Vietnam, and civil unrest in the streets.

Change the extensions to ".mid", if you can play midi files.

Super Mario Brothers

Ghosts 'N' Goblins

Changed the world.

Attachments

• smb.txt
    5.4 KB · Views: 3
  • ghostgoblins.txt
    6.2 KB · Views: 2
Yes, it was Scott Joplin. HE even wrote a ragtime opera. His most famous are the Maple Leaf Rag and The Entertanier (theme from one of the Paul Newman/Robert Redford movies , the title of which escapes my mind. I believe the song won an Oscar from that movie.)

Well i would say "stairway to heaven" by zep even though its definatly overplayed but really most songs by zeppelin are important to me anyway. Being a metalhead i also have to give my props to Black Sabbath, "paranoid" "war pigs" "iron man", without these songs and sabbath metal wouldn't exist.

Camel26 said:
Then enlighten us, dear Murph...offer a new perspective...

It's just that the songs mentioned are songs that are always mentioned. Just once it would be nice to read a list without all of the usual suspects on it.

so put a few down that are meaningful to YOU!!!!!! Join in--add something none of us thought of!!!

Murph71 said:
It's just that the songs mentioned are songs that are always mentioned. Just once it would be nice to read a list without all of the usual suspects on it.

Let's make a list of the most important songs that no one has ever heard of! :D

kyhawkeye said:
Yes, it was Scott Joplin. HE even wrote a ragtime opera. His most famous are the Maple Leaf Rag and The Entertanier (theme from one of the Paul Newman/Robert Redford movies , the title of which escapes my mind. I believe the song won an Oscar from that movie.)

The Sting.
I thought I read that his opera was never actually finished, he ended up in an asylum over it. That and racism.

http://www.trachtman.org/ragtime/
Some good samples. "The Easy Winners" is another catchy one that I swear I've heard in silent movies.

What's New

6/3/2024
Check out Clips4Sale! The webs largest fetish clip store!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back