• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

The NBA comes to Oklahoma!

Tamia78

Verified
Yep, it's official. The ex-Sonics are now the Oklahoma City Thunder. Still not sure if it's a good or bad thing, but given the success of the Hornets after Hurricane Katrina, Oklahoma having an NBA team certainly couldn't hurt.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3568051

.............For the record, I LOVE AC/DC...........but after hearing "Thunderstruck" 50 bajillion times, something's gotta give here!

Either way, hooray for OKC for stepping into the big leagues!
--T

I have a team too now!

:bouncybou

The Thunder is now the nearest NBA franchise since the Kings moved to Sacremento.

I only wished that Mario (The Dragon Slayer) Chalmers was playing for them.

Woot!

At least now we don't have to root for the Mavs *vomit* or the Rockets *gag*

I just hope the NBA doesn't STEAL the team from you guys in 20 years like they did the Sonics from Seattle...

(Sorry, I'm still very bitter over that one... DEATH TO STERN!)

Enjoy every minute of Durant, because he's a freakish man child and truly one of a kind. I miss him already.

And enjoy it while it lasts and while you can. Because, believe me, it doesn't last...:cry1:

Cy man......alot of people don't like Stern right now, I'll bet. Honestly? I'm betting the new team actually HATES Oklahoma (there's really not that much going on) and asks to be moved themselves, lol. I'm excited to have them, tho.

--T

Cy man......alot of people don't like Stern right now, I'll bet. Honestly? I'm betting the new team actually HATES Oklahoma (there's really not that much going on) and asks to be moved themselves, lol. I'm excited to have them, tho.

--T

You should be excited.

Durant is a superstar (and only 19), Green is a Pippen-type, 'Wheezy' Wilcox is solid in the post and if Westbrook can learn to play point then that team will be in the playoffs in the next 3 years.

Not to mention their cap space and the fact that they have the Suns and Spurs first round picks this year...

:sowrong::(

I just made myself depressed...

But I hope you enjoy the hell out of a epic player like Durant. He's worth the price of admission alone.

http://www.nba.com/thunder/

The site looks killer...

and the logo...

549px-OKC_Thunder.PNG

Love it...

But...............where's the thunder?????:rotate:

Those 2 little slashes in the back don't look like thunder to me.:confused:

Yay

I'm sure they will be NBA title contenders in the near future....:rolleyes:

as for nothing to do there, you're incorrect in that statement. There is always the rodeo:blaugh::blaugh::blaugh::blaugh::blaugh:

anytime you get a professional sports franchise in your town, it's cause for celebration, enjoy and i hope you get the chance to go to a few games!

perhaps one day we'll get an NFL team here in Detroit :(

when they play the lakers?

Home game, or away?

I was expecting something WAY more different than those uni's.

In a word... stunning. (Neither good nor bad, just stunning.)

And sorry, but seeing Durant in that uni...

:dropatear:dropatear:dropatear

Can the hapless Grizzlies just move to Seattle already?

Actually, if you read some of the comments on the uniforms.....people don't like them. C'mon people, it's a freaking uniform....is it really that big of a deal?

OH please same bad team from seattle i mean there in one of the toughest divisions in the league i mean in it with the suns blazers clippers and the wester conf. champs the los angeles lakers with returning gold medalist kobe bryant and 07/08 mvp new name same bad team!!!

OH please same bad team from seattle i mean there in one of the toughest divisions in the league i mean in it with the suns blazers clippers and the wester conf. champs the los angeles lakers with returning gold medalist kobe bryant and 07/08 mvp new name same bad team!!!

True, they're in a tough division/conference.

But so long as they have Durant and Green they can light it up with the best of them. Wheezy Wilcox can dominate in the post (Collison is no slouch either), and Petro is coming into his own.

If Westbrook just plays solid, doesn't turn it over and plays better than Ridnour did (which is WAY too easy) then the Son---*sigh*, Thunder can win 25-30 games, IMO.

It all comes down to their PG play, low-post/rebounding and coaching.

They have the firepower, they just need to develope as a team.

I will now go and down a whole bottle of JD, excuse me.

Yeah? Well, now they're MY team, dammit! And I will support them. Who knows, maybe they'll pull it out this year?

Yeah? Well, now they're MY team, dammit! And I will support them. Who knows, maybe they'll pull it out this year?

I doubt it just becuase they're too young and lack one area in which they dominate (unless they played small w/Wilcox at 5, Durant 4, Green 3 and then two gaurds and ran the floor... that might be interesting...)

However, when the Hornets played in OKC a few years back they weren't that good, but competed for the #8 seed until about the final two weeks.

I remember going to the Sonics game last year vs. the Celtics (It was the only Sonic game on TNT and wanted to see Garnett and Co. live) They hung tough for at least 3 quarters despite not having nearly enough talent as Boston.

At one point the Celts PG got stripped and Durant ran it back the other way and slammed it in for the first lead of the night and the place went nuts. Durant went spastic and thumped his chest... It was glorious.

My point is that the 'Thunder' are DYING for a fan base. The Seattle fans were so pissed off and disdained that they could barely cheer the last two years the Sups' were here. No one chanted 'Defense' or 'Lets go Sonics' except that one fat guy who had season tickets... Everyone was angry and alienated.

Now OKC has a downright rabid and hungry fanbase who have sold out every game and will probably bring the house down... and they should.

Seriously, cheer so damn loud that the floor shakes. Becuase that can psyche out opponents and buy your team an extra 5-15 points and thereafter an extra 5-10 wins.

From there, who knows? Just cheer your asses off and everything else should follow.

True, they're in a tough division/conference.

But so long as they have Durant and Green they can light it up with the best of them. Wheezy Wilcox can dominate in the post (Collison is no slouch either), and Petro is coming into his own.

If Westbrook just plays solid, doesn't turn it over and plays better than Ridnour did (which is WAY too easy) then the Son---*sigh*, Thunder can win 25-30 games, IMO.

It all comes down to their PG play, low-post/rebounding and coaching.

They have the firepower, they just need to develope as a team.

I will now go and down a whole bottle of JD, excuse me.

ok well i just got the divsion/confrence line up for those two..
Lakers--Odem bynum gasol will stop them both
Suns--Shaq Barbosa stadomire will stop them both
Portland-- well ok there get lit there lol
Clippers-- Camby (over rated now) but there is 4 wins for Okla. lol I think Okla. will be 3rd in the divison and then the record might be 25-30 wins i agree

What's New

5/22/2024
Check out Clips4Sale for more tickling clips of all sorts then anyplace else!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** LadyInternet ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back