• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

The noble art of boxing...

Cosmo_ac

4th Level Blue Feather
Recenty i've taken a serious interest in learning how to box. I wouldn;t mind some views about boxing from anybody here who has or is involved with boxing. I don't imagine i would be doing it competiively, but for health reasons and to learn how to box.

I would recommend taking classes, Cosmo. It's really great exercise. You can tire yourself out real quick moving and hitting a heavy bag- and this is when you're not even being hit! If the bag hit back, you can see how exhausting it would be to go a round when you throw a lot.

I always enjoyed boxing (as a spectator sport) and eventually took classes. They were taught by this former heavyweight- funny guy. As little technique as I thought was being demonstrated by most professional boxers (particularly the heavyweights), I was amazed and just how few of them showed any sign of following (or having had) conventional training. A little technique goes a long way. I have no fighting experience, so I can't give any advice where this is concerned. But if you have any other questions, ask away. Good luck!

I boxed briefly and amateurly. I wish i woulda kept my interest in it, it was fun but if you want it as a competition rather than recreation, u gotta put alot into it

I used to box when I was a kid, spent 2 years at a local ABA. My interest was pretty much the same as yours, i.e for fitness and social reasons rather than actually looking to go and compete, and it can be good fun if you find a decent club with a good bunch of lads and a good coach. Unfortunately our coach was an alchoholic prick but hey, what can you do? :D

First thing I'd say is that if you have some inclination towards getting some self-defence training alongside the fitness then boxing maybe isn't the best martial art to go for. For starters it's purely about fists with no grappling or anything else aside from learning to throw and defend punches, and I dunno how it is in America but here in Blighty if you're a boxer and you commit an assault then they'll throw the book at you. If you just purely want to get fit then boxing is good for that, there's a lot of conditioning required to be a fighter and so the classes tend to contain a lot of circuits and running (and skipping, which is surprisingly tiring and not at all girly ^_^), plus everybody, and I do mean EVERYBODY, looks cool wearing hand wraps :D I'd advise trying to find a class as opposed to simply turning up at a gym, because you tend to find established fighters at gyms and thus you'll invariably end up training on your own a lot of the time as the coaches run through stuff with their fighters, which isn't good when you're just starting off.

When I was 16 years old...

I made the stupid, arrogant mistake of assuming that being a big, strong kid, in good shape and with martial arts training, would translate into easy wins as a boxer.
I entered the novice level of that year's Golden Gloves local prelims for Brooklyn, New York.
Man, was I dumb!
In my first and second bouts, being in the unlimited wieght category put me in against guys I had 50 to 60 pounds on, and I won. In my third bout I came up against a kid who, while still technically a novice, had been trained by the Police Athletic League and really knew what he was doing.
He spent the first half of the first round (two minute rounds in the Golden Gloves) feeling out just how unskilled I was, then he attacked. with 20 seconds to go in the round, the ref stopped the fight because I was bleeding from over both eyes, under both eyes, both nostrils and both corners of my mouth.
I hadn't even felt the cuts open, and didn't believe it until the volunteer ring man assigned to my corner showed me in a mirror. What a bloody mess!
So, I guess my message is BE CAREFUL!
Do NOT compete unless someone with real experience thinks you're ready. Do NOT go by when YOU think you're ready; EVERY guy thinks he's ready long before he really is.
Mitch
aka

well, as fortune would have it the boxing gym i'm going to happens to be owned by an old boxer who has trained many chapions, one of his most recent being the canadian lightweight champion or some such(i can't remember the exact title) so i imagine he'll have a prety good idea as to when i'm ready, but i know that i probably won't be stepping into any rings, even to spar for at least three months.

But it's deffinitly good to hear some of the views of people here. I appreciate the imput.

Every few months I go into the "boxer" style training. Just a nice way to mix up regular workouts with something different. I boxed when I was young, but honestly I don't want to get hit anymore, lol, so now I just do the training, as it's intense, fun, and a great stress reliever. Someone annoys you, work gets to you, just workout on the heavy bag for a bit and that stress goes away quick.

What's New

5/6/2024
Check out Clips4Sale for the webs largest one-stop fetish clip store!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back