• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

The Office won't be the same without Steve Carell

smokinj

1st Level Yellow Feather
Anyone else sad to see next week's 'Office' episode as Michael Scott's last. I hear they are bringing in a crapload of guest stars to send him off. I say, good. He deserves all the fanfare.

I guess nobody watches this show then? Its really funny and I encourage anyone who hasn't seen it to check out some reruns! :pie:

lol maybe but this is season 6!

Whatever season it was where Jim and Pam officially hooked up it got sickening. The show just became about Jim being this perfect boyfriend and it got lame. It seemed like the show ran out of ideas so they started creating all these lame office love triangles, like andy and dwight going for the uptight woman. Then there was that other kelly secretary that andy was into while she was secretly into michael, then michael was into that girl holly and that's how he's going out.

Whatever season it was where Jim and Pam officially hooked up it got sickening. The show just became about Jim being this perfect boyfriend and it got lame. It seemed like the show ran out of ideas so they started creating all these lame office love triangles, like andy and dwight going for the uptight woman. Then there was that other kelly secretary that andy was into while she was secretly into michael, then michael was into that girl holly and that's how he's going out.

Yeah I understand its not for everyone but I've been watching since the beginning and am sad Steve Carell is leaving. You're right about all the love triangles, but in any other season the staff would not be sad except for Dwight that Michael was leaving. This year everyone was like, what? Its a niche show like Arrested Development was. Maybe cause I work in a small office like this does it resonate with me. Only my boss is not a complete idiot who just says the first thing to come to mind lol

Yeah I understand its not for everyone but I've been watching since the beginning and am sad Steve Carell is leaving. You're right about all the love triangles, but in any other season the staff would not be sad except for Dwight that Michael was leaving. This year everyone was like, what? Its a niche show like Arrested Development was. Maybe cause I work in a small office like this does it resonate with me. Only my boss is not a complete idiot who just says the first thing to come to mind lol

I've never worked in an office, but I clean an office building part-time right now while I'm finishing school. The real life office atmosphere looks totally lame. I can't see myself doing that type of work.

It never tickled my funny bone. Office Space should have been a Friday the 13th type of franchise instead.

I've never worked in an office, but I clean an office building part-time right now while I'm finishing school. The real life office atmosphere looks totally lame. I can't see myself doing that type of work.

Its actually very comfortable because you know everyone. Various people hang out for different reasons but we all get along. That show I think is about how many people work in mine so I can relate. I respect your opinion though.

Enter: Charlie Sheen :) ...... winning!!!

He filled in well when Michael J Fox left Spin City.

Enter: Charlie Sheen :) ...... winning!!!

He filled in well when Michael J Fox left Spin City.

Wouldn't that be some shit! I don't think his ego would let him play a moron on the show, he does that pretty well in his own life. lol

This is indeed a sore spot with me! (That's what she said.) Because I love this show so much and I hate to see it end.

Although, as far as I know, there's only supposed to be one more season after he leaves, but regardless, it won't be the same. I'm really disappointed in their choice of Will Farrell as his predecessor. Even though it would have been a little obvious, considering especially since they threw the idea out there, they should have had Ricky Gervais take over his part. It's only fitting.

However, the past few seasons, the show has really dwindled out. Pretty much after Jim and Pam got married. Then they built up the whole pregnancy thing, but now it's like it didn't even happen because you never see the kid. There's just a little mention of her per episode.

In my honest opinion, Steve Carell needs The Office, because frankly, he hasn't put out any good movies lately. I think he may have peaked with 40 Year Old Virgin.

I loved steve on that show! Im upset that hes leaving and yeah it wont be the same without him. Disappointed to hear will ferrell will take his place since im not a fan of him whatsoever lol. I still got dwight to watch though so i'll watch for that reason alone :)

This is indeed a sore spot with me! (That's what she said.) Because I love this show so much and I hate to see it end.

Although, as far as I know, there's only supposed to be one more season after he leaves, but regardless, it won't be the same. I'm really disappointed in their choice of Will Farrell as his predecessor. Even though it would have been a little obvious, considering especially since they threw the idea out there, they should have had Ricky Gervais take over his part. It's only fitting.

However, the past few seasons, the show has really dwindled out. Pretty much after Jim and Pam got married. Then they built up the whole pregnancy thing, but now it's like it didn't even happen because you never see the kid. There's just a little mention of her per episode.

In my honest opinion, Steve Carell needs The Office, because frankly, he hasn't put out any good movies lately. I think he may have peaked with 40 Year Old Virgin.

Yeah you might be right, he may have peaked in the movie business but if you look at it from Steve Carell's chair, doing a show like this is very long hours for months at a time. Its hard to do movies when you only have a couple of months off a year. If he fails as a movie star then if the Office is still on, he could come back or do something totally different on TV. He gave them 6 seasons which I think the producers were grateful for. I will miss his character though.

Wow typical Office fashion they threw me for a loop. Michael Scott is an attention whore and he left a day early. Instead of having the farewell party everyone thought he craved, he bowed out. Kinda surprising ending. I like that he and Dwight had a last moment playing paintball together. Then theres Jim who knew something was up when Michael kept asking about when Pam was coming back. Cool moment there too.
Bye Michael!

is it weird that i actually got choked up watching Steve Carell's final show? i always liked him as an actor and his character on "The Office" was incredible. i liked how he underplayed his leaving and left a day early. the scene with Jim and Steve, in his office, talking about him taking Steve to lunch the next day was kinda emotional for me. and the hug from Pam at the airport, in silence, was strong. i think it was great that they gave a great and goofy character such a classy send off. yeah, i'm a big wimp sometimes! lol i love will Ferrell, but that final scene with the farewell party seemed really forced. i hope the quality of the show still remains as high as ever.

ps...i really hope Ricky Gervais joins the cast!

I agree that the Office won't be the same without Steve Carrell. The guy's a comic genius. But I don't understand all the buzz about Gervais. I know he's the creator of the original "Office", but I never thought he was all that funny. If they have to replace Carrell, I would take Will Ferrel over Gervais any day

The Office got lame after Ricky Gervais stopped doing it, and they created your tamed-down American version.

I love that show. hate to see Steve go though. hes the heart of the show. Will Ferrel is a great replacement though.

is it weird that i actually got choked up watching Steve Carell's final show? i always liked him as an actor and his character on "The Office" was incredible. i liked how he underplayed his leaving and left a day early. the scene with Jim and Steve, in his office, talking about him taking Steve to lunch the next day was kinda emotional for me. and the hug from Pam at the airport, in silence, was strong. i think it was great that they gave a great and goofy character such a classy send off. yeah, i'm a big wimp sometimes! lol i love will Ferrell, but that final scene with the farewell party seemed really forced. i hope the quality of the show still remains as high as ever.

ps...i really hope Ricky Gervais joins the cast!

Yeah the scene with Jim and Michael got me choked up too, especially when Jim tells him what a great boss he turned out to be.

I had to laugh when Michael gives the fake-o documentary crew his microphone for the last time and says can you guys let me know if this ever airs? lol Then I was sad again when Pam met him at the airport.

I love this show, and it's sad to see Steve go. I've been working in an office atmosphere for a year now, and I can't even count the number of times me and my coworkers said, "this is like that one episode of the office..". Of course, our office isn't as outrageous, but we can still relate. We're always watching for an opportunity for a "that's what she said!"

I do think they should wrap up the show. It could still be a decent show to watch, but it will never be the same.

What's New

5/4/2024
The Final vote for the 2023 Golden Feather Awards is open! Visit the GFA fouem and cast your ballot!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** LadyInternet ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back