• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

the official Nascar thread.

isabeau

Level of Double Diamond Feather
ok nascar fans... we can discuss who we like and dont like. who should win and who should lose lolol.. or anything about nascar we wish. i should have let lk start this . she is still the queen of nascar here on the forum. so come on start your engines .. and for a first question.. wonder who won the poll? or has it been raced yet? also i love night races even more than daytime ones because i love to watch the sparks fly as they zoom around corners.

isabeau

Nothing would give me greater pleasure than to watch Jimmy Johnson lock his bumper to Jeff Gordon and see them both kiss the wall week after week. I'd never get tired of seeing that!

Go MARK MARTIN, you crazy old man. :bowing:

slacker2114 said:
Nothing would give me greater pleasure than to watch Jimmy Johnson lock his bumper to Jeff Gordon and see them both kiss the wall week after week. I'd never get tired of seeing that!

Go MARK MARTIN, you crazy old man. :bowing:

while i agree with you in context.. i like jimmy but jeff and hmm is it kurt busch i dont like? anyway those two can lock bumpers and end up last week after week as far as i'm concerned. i used to like jeff, but now i think he is too full of himself and also a wimp sorry thats how he looks to me.

and what do you mean you crazy OLD????? man??? i'll have you know, mark is in the prime of his life.

isabeau

We'll see what happens in tomorrow's race. Mark also may have a truck race down there, I can't remember.

PokeyinMich said:
We'll see what happens in tomorrow's race. Mark also may have a truck race down there, I can't remember.

mark is doing fantastic in the truck series this year so far.. and if there is a truck race, it should have happened already. usually those are on friday night i think..

isabeau

Yep, here's the results from yesterday.

Friday 03|17|06

Victory Lane
Todd Bodine celebrates his NCTS victory in Atlanta
Friday 03|17|06

Second place

Mark Martin

PokeyinMich said:
Yep, here's the results from yesterday.

Friday 03|17|06

Victory Lane
Todd Bodine celebrates his NCTS victory in Atlanta
Friday 03|17|06

Second place

Mark Martin

yippeee mark is on a roll this year. thanks Pokey.. i am hoping he wins the truck championship and the nextel as well i'm such a loyal fan

isabeau :bouncybou :bouncybou :bouncybou :bouncybou

slacker2114 said:

That's brilliance, right there, my man! No really, I mean it. I simply hate to wish misfortune on anyone, but oh HELL, they're SUCH WEENIES!

isabeau said:
yippeee mark is on a roll this year. thanks Pokey.. i am hoping he wins the truck championship and the nextel as well i'm such a loyal fan

isabeau :bouncybou :bouncybou :bouncybou :bouncybou

Anyone else catch the CMT special, 10 Greatest Comebacks in Nascar? Mark Martin was on the list for his return to Nascar after failing the first time and having to auction off all his equipment just to pay his bills. A championship in his final year would be the icing on the cake.

lk70 said:
That's brilliance, right there, my man! No really, I mean it. I simply hate to wish misfortune on anyone, but oh HELL, they're SUCH WEENIES!

Weenies doesn't begin to describe them. I think they were both cut from the same crying towel. Besides, in all honesty, how can you respect someone who calls himself 'the rainbow warrior'? :confused:

lk70 said:
Anyone else catch the CMT special, 10 Greatest Comebacks in Nascar? Mark Martin was on the list for his return to Nascar after failing the first time and having to auction off all his equipment just to pay his bills. A championship in his final year would be the icing on the cake.

no i didnt catch that.. i so agree that the championship would be fantastic for him to end his great career with... i didnt know he had to auction off equipment to pay bills... what i also like about him, he seems faithful to his wife. and doesnt have gorgeous blondes hanging from his arm lolol

isabeau :p

well todays race has been cancelled due to rain til tomorrow.... rats

isabeau

#1 Kasey Kahne but #2 Mark Martin. Keep pulling Mark thru isabeau!! :couch:

PokeyinMich said:
#1 Kasey Kahne but #2 Mark Martin. Keep pulling Mark thru isabeau!! :couch:

hey thanks Pokey you bet i'll keep on pulling for mark. i am loyal that way. yipee i didnt know the results of the race, and frankly i forgot to watch yesterday.. dang

isabeau

ps this might be mark's stellar year.

Starting grid at Bristol Top 10

Looks like start from points with no qualifying at Bristol. Here is the first 10 for Sunday's race;

1 20 Tony Stewart Chevrolet The Home Depot N/A N/A N/A
2 16 Greg Biffle Ford Subway/National Guard N/A N/A N/A
3 99 Carl Edwards Ford Office Depot N/A N/A N/A
4 6 Mark Martin Ford AAA N/A N/A N/A
5 48 Jimmie Johnson Chevrolet Lowe's N/A N/A N/A
6 12 Ryan Newman Dodge ALLTEL N/A N/A N/A
7 17 Matt Kenseth Ford USG Sheetrock/DEWALT N/A N/A N/A
8 26 Jamie McMurray Ford Sharpie N/A N/A N/A
9 2 Kurt Busch Dodge Miller Lite N/A N/A N/A
10 19 Jeremy Mayfield Dodge Dodge Dealers/UAW

Race is at 1:30 PM Sunday

thanks Pokey... mark sure is doing great this year so far. lets hope it doesnt rain tomorrow in bristol. cuz its raining here today and tennessee isnt that far away.

isabeau

they are currently running the Busch race and are 8 laps short of half way. They had one race red for snow. It is also not very warm there. Kind of unusual for the Bristol race. You know Isabeau, I would be very happy with a Mark Martin championship also. When you look up the word integrity you find among the definitions a picture of Mark Martin. :rotate:

PokeyinMich said:
You know Isabeau, I would be very happy with a Mark Martin championship also. When you look up the word integrity you find among the definitions a picture of Mark Martin. :rotate:

you are so on the mark there. lol omg i made an unintentional pun. but Mark is the epitome of integrity... we need more like him. and yes i see that the race is on , the busch race, however hubby is watching LSU and TEX.

isabeau

I am a NASCAR rook, as in I don't watch full races.
I just pull for the Ford drivers.....

gargoyleofdusk said:
I am a NASCAR rook, as in I don't watch full races.
I just pull for the Ford drivers.....

i never watch the entire race either... too long for one thing. and another i get dizzy watching them go round and round. in fact i never started watching nascar on a semi regular basis til after Dale sr's death..

isabeau

but damn the races can get so exciting, however i for one do not watch for the wrecks..

Lord, I not only watch the whole race, I rewind parts of it over and over again. Though I will say this: if I'm really tired, and it's a boring track or bad TV coverage, I might doze off in the middle. That's rare though!

Bristol is never boring and tomorrow is dedicated to all things Nascar.

lk70 said:
Lord, I not only watch the whole race, I rewind parts of it over and over again. Though I will say this: if I'm really tired, and it's a boring track or bad TV coverage, I might doze off in the middle. That's rare though!

Bristol is never boring and tomorrow is dedicated to all things Nascar.

its today now queen lk and i know it wont be boring at all. lets just hope the weather holds... it was raining on friday i think.

isabeau

wow hon you are truly a dedicated nascar watcher. i tend to watch on and off like i said and where have you been? lol i missed you.

isabeau said:
where have you been? lol i missed you.

Thank you. :rolleyes: I was at a conference and just didn't have much time for online fun, plus a crappy internet connection at the hotel. And in fact I have some stuff going on at the moment that is kind of making me not feel like hang out here much, so if I'm missing or quiet, have no fear, I'll bounce back soon enough and you'll be sick of me again. :D

Darn fine race today. Most especially had to enjoy JJ's car troubles. I was a bit worried that JG was heading for a good finish, but the last minute spin showed karma in action :D. Tony was doing so well and driving like such a mature veteran, I was so proud. Old tires led to a lower finish than he should have had, but he still got himself into the top ten in points and that's awesome.

Mark Martin ran a quiet and classy race as usual. I'm still thinking we keep our eye on him this year.

Sometimes I think I just want to lock myself in a room with my tv and watch races all the time. No other people, no other commitments, just pizza being delivered throught the window. Oh, and beer. Yeah, that's the ticket.

What's New

5/4/2024
The Final vote for the 2023 Golden Feather Awards is open! Visit the GFA fouem and cast your ballot!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** LadyInternet ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back