• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

The Prom Thread

ShiningIce

3rd Level Green Feather
Welcome to the thread of all things Prom. Enter and be welcome

I never had a prom, cos I never got to finish school. WAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! Oh hang on, I'm British and we don't have a prom anyway.

Bugger. :confused:

I didn't go to my high school prom. Some would say I missed out on all the fun, but seeing as I didn't have a date, it doesn't matter to me. :D

I know Amk, I wish I would have stayed home. I caved to peer pressure, thou. "You'll regret this in a few years..." and such

amk714 said:
I didn't go to my high school prom. Some would say I missed out on all the fun, but seeing as I didn't have a date, it doesn't matter to me. :D

Ah that's a comfort. I guess I didn't miss anything not having a prom, because I sure as hell would'nt have had a date either.

My prom was.....forgettable. Seriously, if I weren't already cynical, I would be after that experience. I, too, caved to the pleas of others about what regrets I would have if I didn't attend. Blah blah. Total waste of time and money. I had more fun the night before prom sleeping on the floor of a cave...

BigJim said:

Ah that's a comfort. I guess I didn't miss anything not having a prom, because I sure as hell would'nt have had a date either.
Hey big Fella... If I'd been in the UK when you were in school an dyou had a prom.I'd sure as hell would have been your date!::D

I have to agree with Des.. my proms were untery prosiac. I grew up in the typical suburban New Jersey "small town" where football and baseball were twin gods and the prom was THE social event of the year..... I went to 2 of my own and one of a boyfriends from another school.. was bored silly @ all of em...

Now the AFTER prom activities... such as driving "down the shore" to Seaside Heights, Wildwood ect, partying and drinking and messing around till all hrs of the day/night.. now THAT was fun!!
:devil:

Maggie( only 26 and already nostalgic for "younger days")

Celticrose2001 said:

Hey big Fella... If I'd been in the UK when you were in school an dyou had a prom.I'd sure as hell would have been your date!::D

I have to agree with Des.. my proms were untery prosiac. I grew up in the typical suburban New Jersey "small town" where football and baseball were twin gods and the prom was THE social event of the year..... I went to 2 of my own and one of a boyfriends from another school.. was bored silly @ all of em...

Now the AFTER prom activities... such as driving "down the shore" to Seaside Heights, Wildwood ect, partying and drinking and messing around till all hrs of the day/night.. now THAT was fun!!
:devil:

Maggie( only 26 and already nostalgic for "younger days")

Damn Maggie, I'm only 24 and feeling like life is passing me by!

Finishing school wasn't my fault. I was one of those sad tossers who got bullied a lot and didn't know how to stand up for themselves. As a result I had a nervous breakdown when I was 15 and was nearly carried out of school in a straightjacket. Ah, happy days......... :sadcry:

BigJim said:

Damn Maggie, I'm only 24 and feeling like life is passing me by!

Finishing school wasn't my fault. I was one of those sad tossers who got bullied a lot and didn't know how to stand up for themselves. As a result I had a nervous breakdown when I was 15 and was nearly carried out of school in a straightjacket. Ah, happy days......... :sadcry:

Well, I had the same problem was that up until 8th grade with my classmates, but HS was OK. I wasn't popular, but people talked to me and didn't threaten to kill me, so I guess it was a step up.

Thanks, Jim. I ran into some old "firends" who were a coulpe years behind me and they told me that I was popular. They were like "Yea, you were good at listening to our problems and helping out, you were awesome!" :confused: I sat in silence, only making a couple comments (usually rude ones about a certain algebra teacher).

Limeoutsider said:
Thanks, Jim. I ran into some old "firends" who were a coulpe years behind me and they told me that I was popular. They were like "Yea, you were good at listening to our problems and helping out, you were awesome!" :confused: I sat in silence, only making a couple comments (usually rude ones about a certain algebra teacher).

A girl who was in my class told my father when she saw him in a shop, that a member of Wiltshire Constabulary came round and spoke to my whole year after I was gone. Apparently he asked them just what it was that made them treat one of their classmates so badly that he tried to commit suicide. (A slight exageration.)

According to her most of the girls and even a couple of the boys were breaking down right there and crying. I try my best not be a vengeful person, but I felt quite fucking smug when I heard that! Serve them fucking right!

*back on subject alert*

Oh yeah, those proms are great aren't they? :D

prom free for me too,sympathys jim...i nearly lost both my parents in the space of a few months,and i was a late physical developer,hence a screwed up time in my life around my early teens where various miscreants took full advantage and made my life hell...puberties a great leveller,though sparring and weight lifting helped too!!...cured a few of them of the bullying habit as i bumped into them a few years later,lol.funny how a lot of ex.victims go into our kind of work though,guess we`ve seen both sides of the coin mate,i still can`t stand seeing the under dog being kicked...anyway....what doesn`t kill ya makes ya stronger,lol,although a few have tried putting my lights out over the years!!;)

My prom was o.k. Afterward, we went to play lasertag. That was very cool.

Limeoutsider said:
The police went to your school and asked them why?

It was a community support, type of thing. It was all done in connection with the schools liason department. I think they were due a visit to the school anyway. It probably also had something to do with the fact that I was thrown down 2 flights of stairs, nearly dropped out of a 2nd' floor window (3rd floor if you're American) and they tried to drown me in the swimming pool. I guess they thought it was a tad alarming.

t s s said:
prom free for me too,sympathys jim...i nearly lost both my parents in the space of a few months,and i was a late physical developer,hence a screwed up time in my life around my early teens where various miscreants took full advantage and made my life hell...puberties a great leveller,though sparring and weight lifting helped too!!...cured a few of them of the bullying habit as i bumped into them a few years later,lol.funny how a lot of ex.victims go into our kind of work though,guess we`ve seen both sides of the coin mate,i still can`t stand seeing the under dog being kicked...anyway....what doesn`t kill ya makes ya stronger,lol,although a few have tried putting my lights out over the years!!;)

Thanks mate.

I can relate jim. I too, almost had a nervous breakdown in high school. After that kid dumped the cockroaches on me! I didn't go to either prom and looking back, I'm glad. Why give them another reason to make fun of me for!!!? The same reason I avoided my five year hs reunion in 2000 and will probably avoid the 10 year reunion in 2005. Why give those jerks a chance?!! I will just continue my writing and they can read about me in the paper! I'm not sorry I stuck it out and graduated. I have that diploma now and that's something they can never take away from me! Even if they would like to, I"m sure.

*crydun jumps off of her soapbox*

I'm like Oddjob, my prom was cool and we all went out and played lase tag! I was attacked! LOL good thing it was not real bullets! LOL
But we had a blast!:D

cleopatra2003 said:
I'm like Oddjob, my prom was cool and we all went out and played lase tag! I was attacked! LOL good thing it was not real bullets! LOL
But we had a blast!:D

Hmmm... do I know you from somewhere?

Wow - the 80s were so cool. Paintball without the stains or pain!

crydun said:
I will just continue my writing and they can read about me in the paper! I'm not sorry I stuck it out and graduated. I have that diploma now and that's something they can never take away from me! Even if they would like to, I"m sure.

*crydun jumps off of her soapbox*

I liked those sentiments Crydun. I just wish I'd done the English equivalent of graduating. I don't have a qualification to my name, other than a very basic one that does nothing on it's own. Being a member of Mensa means nothing on a job application and potential employers don't give a shit about how suitable you are unless you've got some pathetic certificates that only show you're competent at verbatim regurgitation. They must be horrified at the thought of someone in society actually thinking independantly, instead of just swallowing the crap the system insists they believe 100%. Independant thought is definatley not something valued in the job I ended up in.

Big Jim -

I am so sorry that you had such a rough time growing up. I know that even though it was over ten years ago, some of it probably still haunts you today (although I hope such is not the case). I am completely startled at how cruel teens can be sometimes. :sowrong:
Just give me a list with all the names of the pathetic low lifes that made your adolescent years so miserable and I'll hop the next flight over there and dispense some NY justice on the spineless bastards!! :Grrr:

As a sidenote to all those that reported their tales of HS abuse, I'm glad that all of you have managed shrug off the assholes that tormented you and remain true to yourselves. :bowing:

I was going to share my HS proms woes, but in comparison to some of the others around here, I'd feel a bit silly!

Maggie

Outstanding Prom Memories

As did Shining, Oddball, and Cleopatra, I loved Prom Night!

My Prom was one of those magical, memorable events that I will cherish forever. Surrounded by dozens of great friends, beautiful dress, handsome college football player boyfriend, posing for pictures, limousine, corsage, great music... all in a fairy-tale setting :)

happy, happy sigh

Now, class reunions... that's a whole 'nother thread! LOL

What's New

5/6/2024
Check out Clips4Sale for the webs largest one-stop fetish clip store!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back