• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

The sandwich thread

Texas_Tickle

4th Level Orange Feather
This thread is all about sandwiches. What's your favorite sandwhich bread? Meats? Dressings? Do you put tomatoes on your sandwich?

Inquiring minds want to know!

Finally...

An important topic!

I'm a turkey on wheat, with swiss, lettuce and horseradish guy.

If you're out of turkey, then I'll have a Virginia ham with provolone cheese, spicy mustard and lettuce on a seedless kaiser roll.

A thread with long term applications and implications indeed! :) Q

Ticklemaster750 said:
This thread is all about sandwiches. What's your favorite sandwhich bread? Meats? Dressings? Do you put tomatoes on your sandwich?

Inquiring minds want to know!

I generally love to eat ham sandwiches, on lightly toasted wheat bread, with lettuce and tomatoes.

God, I'm getting hungry just thinking about it.

Re: No Cheese?

qjakal said:
Blasphemy! :sowrong: Q

I have a thing about cheese. I usually do not like cheese, unless it's on a grilled cheese sandwhich, but otherwise I hate cheese (except for Bree).

My sammich of choice involves vegetarian salami (which I lovingly call impostorami) and mayo and lettuce and a little mustard on thick wheat bread. Otherwise there's this great place in SD called Grab 'n Go where they make the best veggie subs in the world. I don't like avocado on my sammiches. Eugh. It's an unpleasant squish amongst the tastey crunch. Mwah!
-Bell :cool2:

Spicy mustard, artichoke hearts,monterey jack cheese, crunchy dills, lettuce, sliced onion, slice of turkey, slice of chicken, and a slice of pastrami on sourdough bread. Excuse me I have to make a trip to the kitchen now.
-Phil

Roasted Peppers, Grilled Onions and a Sausage on a French Roll.

My favorite sandwiches are Vietnamese subs. Read more about them here:

http://www.metroactive.com/papers/metro/05.22.97/bargain-9721.html

An excerpt from the article:

How do they taste? Well, let's inventory what gets loaded into the sub. Foremost, the opened baguette is slathered with either mayonnaise or butter (customer's choice). Then it is jammed with fresh cucumber, onion, cilantro, pickled daikon, pickled carrot and sliced hot pepper. The four popular meat fillings are chicken, Vietnamese bologna, barbecue pork and cured ham, which is accompanied by pâté. (Another popular choice, the Chinese meatball, should be avoided because it is extremely fatty with little real meat.) What really gives the kick is the sauce, a mixture of vinegar and soy sauce.

All that in a foot-long hoagie for about a buck--sweet! :D If you live anywhere near a Vietnamese deli, I highly recommend you try it, but be careful of the peppers, they're HOT! :p

It depends on the mood I'm in. Friday after Thanksgiving, it's hard to beat thick-sliced turkey breast on white, with mayo and a little salt and pepper. In season, I like sliced tomato on toasted white with mayo, salt and pepper. Ham and swiss on rye is good year round, or roast beef and swiss on white, or salami and cheddar on pumpernickel; all three of those go best with German mustard, and a dill pickle on the side. Sometimes I'll have peanut butter and jelly with my daughter - I like crunchy PB and peach jam. And to annoy Mrs. Strel, nothing beats sliced raw onions, sliced kosher dills and swiss on pumpernickel with mustard and horseradish.

Strelnikov

Mine is Roast Beef on rye bread with horseradish and pepper jack cheese with little lettuce and tomatoe.This is the staple of my diet.And also big fan of cucumber,tomatoe lettuce and mayo on rye bread.:bump: :bump:

:atom: I love to eat:atom:

don;'t eat bread anymore

so i don't eat sandwiches.
but back when i did i ate many different varieties, and combinations. a fav. was cornbeef on rye, with swiss cheese, and yellow mustard. dill pickle on the side.
steve

I normally prefer a platter of different sausage slices and cheese, and eat the bread separately (crusty German farm bread), taste a bit here and there, along with pickled sweet-peppers, cucumbers or silver onions.

Another favorite of mine is the Turkish Döner Kebap (Greek: Gyros, Arabian: Shawarma). It’s made of oriental flat bread, thinly sliced turkey, onions, lettuce stripes, and spices. Most Germans like Cacik sauce on it (yoghurt-garlic), I prefer hot pepper sauce. Here’s a pic:

serv-doener-gross.jpg

Oh, and here’s my favorite size:

sandwich.gif

:p

I like pb and GRAPE jelly. Pb and m&m's are good, too. I like turkey, cheese, and mayo on Italian bread.

Reading all of these has got me so hungry! My mouth is watering!
I do not have one favorite, I have so many!

BLT on toasted Rye or wheat bread, pickles on the side.
I love a good turkey sandwhich with,lettuce, tomato, hot peppers, swiss chesse or provolone chesse, onions and my special sauce that I make on it. A large pickle and chips on the side.

Roast beef too :p Gosh I am getting hungry! Fresh roast beef with all the fixin's, spicy mustard!

Considering I usually don't have the money for meats, I usually eat a ketchup on whitebread sandwich. When I have money it is usually sliced chicken on wheat with ketchup, mustard, and pickles. I am not much for veggies on my sandwiches, nor cheese. Sometimes I also enjoy a chili or bean sandwich:D

Pawz

really rare roast beef on rye with ketchup..

or

grilled chicken with tomatoe and honey mustard on a kaiser roll.

JPie

What's New

4/27/2024
Visit Clips4Sale for the webs largest clip store! Get details by clicking the C4S banners
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back