• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

The Self Referential Thread

You can send all the cold you want down my way, boys.

Milz, I hope the weather breaks in time for your shindig.

Milz, Kurch, Zod... I'm just fuckin' off... doin' a little forum 'eeeeenvolment' aside from my regularly scheduled art forum antics.

Zod, I find it amusing that you drive a gagillion miles a year... but you're taking a train to New York. ahhhhh... sit back with a cold one in the bar car. LOL!

Kurch - Babies? Qua?

Milz, Kurch, Zod... I'm just fuckin' off... doin' a little forum 'eeeeenvolment' aside from my regularly scheduled art forum antics.

Zod, I find it amusing that you drive a gagillion miles a year... but you're taking a train to New York. ahhhhh... sit back with a cold one in the bar car. LOL!

Kurch - Babies? Qua?
I do not own a car. Why pay insurance on something I would drive maybe thrity days a year.:D :p

Kurch - Babies? Qua?

My widdle baby trees :)

I am off to bed now.I hope you feel better soon Kurch. :)
Peace and wuv. :wub: :bunny: :D :p

Thanks. :ty:

Good Night General Zod. Take care my good friend. Peace and wuv. :D :bunny: :wub: :D

Well of course! Makes sense. Do you park the rig naked or do you have one of those big steel barns out back?

Bonsai? I have bonsai.

I thought about doing dome Bonsai at some point but first I need to learn to take care of the widdle baby trees. They are rare/hard to grow varieties so I am currently just trying to get them to be healthy saplings. :)

Yes Goodnight Lord Zod!
Thanks. :ty:

Good Night General Zod. Take care my good friend. Peace and wuv. :D :bunny: :wub: :D

I thought about doing dome Bonsai at some point but first I need to learn to take care of the widdle baby trees. They are rare/hard to grow varieties so I am currently just trying to get them to be healthy saplings. :)

Ah! Dabbling in a little exotic botany are we? It is my observation that well-meaning folks often kill plants with kindness, they are more resilient than people think. Plenty of sun and regular water is all most need. But, indeed, if it is going to be cold, by all means bring them inside. We have the same drill here when the weather gets... rough.

Yes Goodnight Lord Zod!

Ah! Dabbling in a little exotic botany are we? It is my observation that well-meaning folks often kill plants with kindness, they are more resilient than people think. Plenty of sun and regular water is all most need. But, indeed, if it is going to be cold, by all means bring them inside. We have the same drill here when the weather gets... rough.

Yea kindness can be bad as the most common cause of plant death is overwatering. The hard part here is mainly getting them to germinate. Some trees need a few months.

Yea kindness can be bad as the most common cause of plant death is overwatering. The hard part here is mainly getting them to germinate. Some trees need a few months.
I'm sure you have read up extensively on your specimens and they are in the best of care; as some seeds require special conditions to germinate; soaking, roughing, scoring with a knife, even fire in some cases. Patience is a virtue when dealing with the plant kingdom.

I'm sure you have read up extensively on your specimens and they are in the best of care; as some seeds require special conditions to germinate; soaking, roughing, scoring with a knife, even fire in some cases. Patience is a virtue when dealing with the plant kingdom.

Indeed I am starting with some fairly easy one with scarification (nicking or scoring) or in sone cases just simple soaking. The Italian Cypress babies I have were rather more difficult needed to be soaked in hot water overnight then only take the ones that sink then put them on a damp towel and place then in a fridge for a month or so. Then plant them and they take another month or two to germinate. I have about 4 Italian Cypress seedlings now. :bounce:

Indeed I am starting with some fairly easy one with scarification (nicking or scoring) or in sone cases just simple soaking. The Italian Cypress babies I have were rather more difficult needed to be soaked in hot water overnight then only take the ones that sink then put them on a damp towel and place then in a fridge for a month or so. Then plant them and they take another month or two to germinate. I have about 4 Italian Cypress seedlings now. :bounce:

Very cool. I always admired the Italian Cypress as a dignified, even regal plant. Nice vertical presence. I had some Royal Poinciana tree seeds that, try as i may, scarification, soaking... nuthin. LOL! Although I don't know what I would do with it besides try to bonsai it, left to thier own devices... they are Monstrous, but awesome in bloom. Same with Blue Jacarandas... no luck.

Very cool. I always admired the Italian Cypress as a dignified, even regal plant. Nice vertical presence. I had some Royal Poinciana tree seeds that, try as i may, scarification, soaking... nuthin. LOL! Although I don't know what I would do with it besides try to bonsai it, left to thier own devices... they are Monstrous, but awesome in bloom. Same with Blue Jacarandas... no luck.

Italian Cypress can live to be a 1000 years old. Most Cypress are long living and are some of the oldest things on the planet.

I tried Royal Poincana and have some but the rains killed any chance I think. You need to scarify the hell out of them then put them in near boiling water (yea I know very odd :p ) and let them soak at least a day I would say maybe even two. Then the outer coat should come off. Put them in the soil and WAIT and WAIT they can take up to 6 months to germinate. The cool thing about the Poincana is it in the legume family so it can fixate nitrogen and actually fertilize your soil :yowzer:

The largest tree I know of is Monkey Rain Tree. Grows 180 feet tall and has a 240 foot canopy. WOW. Really need to bonsai that one LOL

I tried Royal Poincana and have some but the rains killed any chance I think. You need to scarify the hell out of them then put them in near boiling water (yea I know very odd :p ) and let them soak at least a day I would say maybe even two. Then the outer coat should come off. Put them in the soil and WAIT and WAIT they can take up to 6 months to germinate. The cool thing about the Poincana is it in the legume family so it can fixate nitrogen and actually fertilize your soil :yowzer:

The largest tree I know of is Monkey Rain Tree. Grows 180 feet tall and has a 240 foot canopy. WOW. Really need to bonsai that one LOL

Oh yes, did all that... in fact I remember burning my fingers... I guess I wasn't patient enough... I think a fungus got at them in the pots. Alas and alack. Legume family? Interesting. I would think related to mimosa or acacia. But as I understand it there is a rub to plants that affix nitrogen, such as you say legumes or austrian winter pea, is that they need to be tilled under to release said nitrogen, else the plant hogs it all up (?)

Ah! The Giant Thibet, yes... a true MONSTER! Over the years, especially with some of my true tropical bonsais, you would be amazed how slow motion animated they are getting out of the pot. Strangler Fig especially... creepy, even for a plant.

Oh yes, did all that... in fact I remember burning my fingers... I guess I wasn't patient enough... I think a fungus got at them in the pots. Alas and alack. Legume family? Interesting. I would think related to mimosa or acacia. But as I understand it there is a rub to plants that affix nitrogen, such as you say legumes or austrian winter pea, is that they need to be tilled under to release said nitrogen, else the plant hogs it all up (?)

Ah! The Giant Thibet, yes... a true MONSTER! Over the years, especially with some of my true tropical bonsais, you would be amazed how slow motion animated they are getting out of the pot. Strangler Fig especially... creepy, even for a plant.

Yea thats what happened to mine. Mold gots to them. I had little moldy seeds. A few were starting to germinate and the mold hit them too. :( I might try again. There is a bacteria from a company called Natural Industries that hate mold it eats them up and the lives of the waste off the plants. Sort of like mini guardians for the plants. It goes by the name Actinovate.

Could be. Perhaps with something as large as a tree its more willing to share. LOL

So far I got one Bonsai tool :p from www.tinyroots.com. Its a tweezer / knife combo. I use for trimming dead foilage and placing seeds in the soil. :D Once I get better at growing some trees I might try some Bonsai. :D Plants look way cool. I love anything that looks cool or odd or sci fi like. :D

Yea thats what happened to mine. Mold gots to them. I had little moldy seeds. A few were starting to germinate and the mold hit them too. :( I might try again. There is a bacteria from a company called Natural Industries that hate mold it eats them up and the lives of the waste off the plants. Sort of like mini guardians for the plants. It goes by the name Actinovate.

Could be. Perhaps with something as large as a tree its more willing to share. LOL

So far I got one Bonsai tool :p from www.tinyroots.com. Its a tweezer / knife combo. I use for trimming dead foilage and placing seeds in the soil. :D Once I get better at growing some trees I might try some Bonsai. :D Plants look way cool. I love anything that looks cool or odd or sci fi like. :D

Yes. I will have to look into that product. Using so-called "sterilized' soil throwing away money, as the soil is re-inoculated right at the factory after sterilization. I doubt they bag it in a total vacuum. So I try to treat before hand with a light dilution of chelated copper.. to at least inhibit some fun-guys.

For my bonsai maintenance I swear by this tiny set of Fiskers... not cheap per say, but less expensive than so-called "Official Bonsai" snippers. But there IS one traditional bonsai tool that is a must have... A rounded end nipper that leaves a concave wound that is less likely to get infected, easier for the little tree to heal over; and leave an aesthetically pleasing scar. A true Bonsai supply shop will have these. They are iron. I even use them for root pruning when re-potting.

The cool thing with Bonsai and often misunderstood, is that one is not so much altering the tree, as one is following an interesting shape the tree wants to have. Those that don't understand this are merely indulging in tree bondage. Not a cool fetish in my book. My oldest from cuttings are two boxwoods, 11" tall and in the same pot going on 25 years. They are aging better than I am.

Yes. I will have to look into that product. Using so-called "sterilized' soil throwing away money, as the soil is re-inoculated right at the factory after sterilization. I doubt they bag it in a total vacuum. So I try to treat before hand with a light dilution of chelated copper.. to at least inhibit some fun-guys.

For my bonsai maintenance I swear by this tiny set of Fiskers... not cheap per say, but less expensive than so-called "Official Bonsai" snippers. But there IS one traditional bonsai tool that is a must have... A rounded end nipper that leaves a concave wound that is less likely to get infected, easier for the little tree to heal over; and leave an aesthetically pleasing scar. A true Bonsai supply shop will have these. They are iron. I even use them for root pruning when re-potting.

The cool thing with Bonsai and often misunderstood, is that one is not so much altering the tree, as one is following an interesting shape the tree wants to have. Those that don't understand this are merely indulging in tree bondage. Not a cool fetish in my book. My oldest from cuttings are two boxwoods, 11" tall and in the same pot going on 25 years. They are aging better than I am.

Yea I never had much luck with sterilized soil. I been using a weak solution of Miracle Grow which has chelated copper in it. It seems to work a bit better in terms of stopping damping off. My grandma always use to use coffee grounds which act as a natural fungicide but you need to be careful as it is a bit acidic so if your plants are not akin to low ph they may not like the espresso soil :D

I dont know much about Bonsai except it looks really cool. I got the one tool I have cause its really well made and very useful. :D

Cool. I bet Bonsai trees live a long time.

Cool. I bet Bonsai trees live a long time.
Yes. With care. And on that convenient segue, I must bid you a good evening, as I will not live too long without proper sleep maintenance. Will chat soon, good friend.

Yes. With care. And on that convenient segue, I must bid you a good evening, as I will not live too long without proper sleep maintenance. Will chat soon, good friend.

Great chatting with you my good friend. :yourock:

Good Night CAB. Take care my good friend. Peace and wuv. :D :bunny: :wub: :D

kurchie go beddy bye now. :atom:

Good Night Aussieticklegal. Take care my good friend. Peace and wuv. :D :bunny: :wub: :D

Good Night Helena. Take care my good friend. Peace and wuv. :D :bunny: :wub: :D

Good Night Raichyll. Take care my good friend. Peace and wuv. :D :bunny: :wub: :D

Good Night Nemmy. Take care my good friend. Peace and wuv. :D :bunny: :wub: :D

Good Night seanwoj. Take care my good friend. Peace and wuv. :D :bunny: :wub: :D

Good Night porcelaindoll2. Take care my good friend. Peace and wuv. :D :bunny: :wub: :D

Good Night Pulchritudinous. Take care my good friend. Peace and wuv. :D :bunny: :wub: :D

Good Night Everyone. Take care my good friends. Peace and wuv. :D :bunny: :wub: :D

Armada Status:

The Armada has saved Snorphous BlapoMat and several other citizens of the world that lies behind door #444,444 from the Shandrew Tamb Bodecai demons that have invaded that world. Snorphous is taking the Armada to the leaders of world # 444,444 so that this critical world and its vital citizens can be saved.

What's New

6/2/2024
There will be Trivia in our Chat Room this SUnday eve at 11PM EDT. Join us!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back